Started this week... help.

Chlo

Silver Member
I have started LL this week and am on Day 3, all fine, no hunger pangs, no cravings, no headaches, it all all been relatively painless, with one TEENY TINY PROBLEM that I can't stand the packs. I am determined to do this and am currently approaching each meal like taking medicine, but I am worried if I can't find something I like that I may crash and burn.

So far, the vanilla is too sweet, I tried adding coffee and it was better but not something I want for every meal. Fruits of the Forest was OK, but not a fave, maybe once or twice a week, chocolate..... whoa what is that they are passing off as my favourite food, it tasted like dark chocolate, so next time I figured I would half and half chocolate and vanilla but while it was better it wasn't great. The bars are ok, but is it me or are they salty? The nut and toffee bars were nice, I could eat them no problem. I am mixing the shakes with cold water and blending them with Ice hoping to make them better. They are also massive and I always leave some, and I find that I struggle to have the 4th pack, as apart from the fact they are not nice I am full (I know it sounds weird, but I am).

Also, I am thinking I will have to try some of the savoury packs, I avoided this week as I have done the Cambridge Diet in the past and hated the savoury stuff, so I am going to get over these hang ups and hope LL is better. I am trying not to get too excited by the thought of Chilli or Shepherds Pie, what are they like? Do they actually have real meat in them? what is the consistency like? Do the soups taste like normal soup?

Any tips of flavours to try or things to do to improve them would be greatly appreciated.

Well done if you read through this epic post, I bored myself half way through with my waffle. (Dammit, now I am thinking of waffles and ice-cream, perhaps the cravings haven't quite gone yet)

Yey, I like the Strawberry... onward and upwards (or downwards as the case may be)

I survived on banana or strawberry shakes made up thick with blended ice I would eat them with a spoon, nut fudge bars chopped up and microwaved for 20-30 secs to make them melty and occasionally the carbonara pasta.

I also used the water flavours to make ice lollies

It's tough, but so worth sticking with.

How has week 1 gone? Hope you've hung in there. It really does work. I've been on it for a year and have now lost 14 st!!! Anything is possible. Be kind to yourself and don't fight the program xxxx

Jeez Nemsy 14 stone, that really is amazing. Thanks for responding, after my initial panic I have discovered I like all the meals (chilli, shepherd's pie, carbonara etc.), I never expected to like them but literally just bought one of everything and I really like them, so panic over I am now confident I can do this diet. I have done a week now and no real issues.

Almost Skinny, the microwaved bars sound very tempting so I will give them a go. I can imagine they do taste pretty good... yum.

Hi Chlo,

Firstly - congrats for sticking with it and battling through to find packs you like!
I stuck with the vanilla shake (which i believe has changed formula? few people have complained it's a lot sweeter now!), the vegetable soup and the toffee bar, with the occasional chilli con carne thrown in for a different texture!

If you fancy a change some of the soups make really nice crisps? i know it's not 100% recommended to microwave the soups but sometimes you need a bit of variety! My favourite was the thai chilli, mixed with a little bit of water to create a paste, spread it over a sheet of greaseproof paper about 1/2 a CM thick, then microwave for 10-20 second intervals until it starts to crisp up. Leave it to cool then break into portions. Is nice to have something to crunch on too!

H x

Back