Started today and looking for support and motivation!

sammyzip50

Silver Member
Hi All,

I posted this thread else where on this forum and got no replies :( Anyway I have made my mid up and going to do Dukan so here I am.

I was wondering if it might be useful to support and share with each other to help us on our merry way? It would be nice to know a few of you and share our weight loss journey together literally every step of the way. So here it goes.....

Background:

I'm British and live and work in Singapore (I'm a Mental Health Nurse and currently lecture in nursing studies, also doing my PhD PT!)

My heaviest weight was 15st 9 in 2001 and managed to get down to 12st in 2004. I did this by exercise and eating less.

I have been more or less 11st 7-12st untill 2011. I did manage to get down to 11st 1 last July but really struggled since then.

I now weight 12st 5

Goal:

I have decided now to grab the bull by the horns and lose it all with aiming for 9st 6 (BMI 25) see how that goes and then aiming for 8st 7 (BMI 22). By the average weightloss on here I hope to get there by end of July 2012!

Finally I weigh in on Mondays, and the first Monday of the month I measure and take a photo.

I look forward to catching you on here and good luck!

Hi Sammy, good to meet you !! I am also a nurse but working in children's mental health so we have something in common! (althiugh I think Singapore is a bit more exotic than North Lincolnshire!!!!!) I have been on this diet for a couple of months and had been doing ok,my lovely OH has been doing it too so that made it easier! Can't you tell there is a "however" coming??......... however we went to Disneyland Paris for Easter and I struggled to keep on track then and have struggled to get my head into Dukan gear since!! Today I am back at work and am hoping that will do the trick! Have packed up my breakfast muffins, some cooked chicken and a 0% fat greek yogurt ready to face the day! in a way I feel like I am starting today too, so I will watch out for your posts.Good luck ,it's a great - if a bit expensive- diet, and it has got me (just) into the 10's and my lovely hubby well into the 14's !!!! All the best for your first week x

Hi and welcome, i started yesterday. It's ok so far!

Best of luck x

Hello.

I'm 21 and live in London, currently completing a degree. This is my second time round on the Dukan diet. Last year I lost 3 stone from June to December... then completed a placement as part of my course and piled on 9lbs :(. So here I am back on diet and on the first day of cruise (haven't lost much on attack, but then I only have a few lbs to lose this time, first time I lost 8lbs in my 7 day attack).

I weighed 12stone when I first started, managing to get down to 9stone was amazing - you can do it!

Good luck
Leu x

Hi Sammy, I started Akins on thursday but swapped to Dukan as its more a life thing than just a diet :) good luck and fingers crossed we all get there!! X

HI All,

Nice to hear from and thanks so much for the encouragement and support. I am pleased to say I have survived a full day following Dukan (it's now 8pm here) so really pleased with myself. The last time I managed to stick to 2 days on a diet was in November 2011 so quite chuffed!

Good Luck to you all too and be in touch soon!

Good to see you here sammy :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hi sammy i have been on this diet3 weeks and have already lost 1 stone, and know my ticker is a zero but that is because afer easter away i am starting again on attack, my weigh in will be friday. this is the easiest diet i have ever been on as long as you stick to it and don.t let life get in the way.

Welcome Sammy, and good luck your in the right place now for help,motivation and encouragement. X

Hi there,

Started myself today also. Will keep an eye for tips etc. Good luck.

HI All,

Thanks for the ongoing welcome and support. There might be a bit of a delay in my responses as I am 7 hours ahead of the UK. On day two and so far so good.

Alottolose: My first goal weight is my true weight, so aiming for that. To be honest I don't know really what it is going to be like until I get there.I have weighed much less than 11st as an adult so it will be interesting to see how I feel and look at certain weights.

So you're currently at work waiting for the day to end. Just checked the days temp and BBC says its 31C, its probably about 8C max here so deadly envious although its probably sticky and horrid :D. I'm still sat on the sofa in my PJs eating porridge. Its nice to not have to be up and in work at the crack of dawn. I'm now thinking I'll get to court (for my Jury Service) and they'll decide they have too many and send me back to work :(.

You've been poorly remember, give yourself a pat on the back for getting yourself sorted again so quickly. Its for good this time and you'll be 9'6 before you know it.

Just replied to your PM, will let you know how it goes today when I get in.

I'm in day 2 and I'm feeling very weak and confused :( I'm in work looking like a zombie lol when will this pass?? :( well done everyone for seeing another Dukan day x

HI again!

Zakcat: Yes, it's hot but sticky!

Jan9209: I must admit I am finding it a bit more of a challenge today. I feel distracted and feel hungry though I am eating regularly. I guess for me my intake has reduced a bit and my body is catching up with no carbs or it is running empty! Happy blinking days! I gather tomorrow will be harder but I keep telling myself I have to get through the rough to get to the smooth.... I also think my mind might be playing tricks so I am trying to tell me myself I can do this and not going to post tomorrow to say I have messed it up and day one again...

We can do this! I am going to write a list of all the reason why I don't want to stay this weight so it puts me in the moment.....

Day 2 here too.

Going well, made the oat bran muffins with some lemon zest, they are not bad at all. Will try them with cinnamon tomorrow....
My OH is doing this too, so its a bit easier doing meals for two. Should we weigh ourselves daily or weekly? We were going to do it weekly so as not to be slaves to the weighing scales.

Looking forward to having some veg tomorrow. Will weigh in the morning to see what the 'attack phase' has achieved.

Good luck Sammy and everyone else.

Lyonsie said:
Day 2 here too.

Going well, made the oat bran muffins with some lemon zest, they are not bad at all. Will try them with cinnamon tomorrow....
My OH is doing this too, so its a bit easier doing meals for two. Should we weigh ourselves daily or weekly? We were going to do it weekly so as not to be slaves to the weighing scales.

Looking forward to having some veg tomorrow. Will weigh in the morning to see what the 'attack phase' has achieved.

Good luck Sammy and everyone else.

Veg tomorrow mmmmm bet you cant wait good luck with weigh in x

Yesterday by the afternoon was a bit more challenging. I noticed I had been to the toilet about 11 times by then and kept yawning for the whole afteroon. I felt a bit quesy when I had my dinner and had a funny taste in my mouth. Early stages of ketosis...... Well let's see how it goes for day 3 today and I did do a sneak weigh in and lost 2 pounds. I am hoping and thinking that going into ketosis this time might be easier as I did Cambridge and I think going into ketosis and being hungry didn't help. I don't find I am really hungry on Dukan and you can eat if you want.

Will keep you posted at the end of the day!

Jan: It will pass... take pain killers, lots of water and eat if you need to.

Back