Started Today, Just a Question!

Lisa D

Hi all,

I've been on and off the Cambridge Diet because I know I can get quick weight loss but can never stick to it for longer than 4 weeks. I've started Slimming World today with some books that I got last year ( I joined but never went back).

I was just hoping that some of you could let me know how much you have lost and how long it took. My problem is i'm very impatient and losing tiny amounts each week tends to knock me a bit.

Also i've listed my menu today and hope that you can let me know if im on the right track:

Red Day
Breakfast - 2 weetabix (H/E) & milk (H/E)

Lunch - Tin of tuna in brine, chopped peppers, onions, cucumber, tomato & peas (H/E) with 1 tbsp reduced fat mayo (2.5 syns)

Dinner - Chicken & veg stir fry with soy sauce and rice noodles (1.5 syns)

Snacks - fruit

Any replies grateful, thanks.

Hi and welcome to SW, I have also been on and off the CD for a few years it used to make me dreadfully ill when going to the toilet, but I would keep going back for more.

Now I am on SW and its the best decision I ever made, I go for my 8th weigh in tomorrow having lost almost 2 stone and thats with staying the same for 2 weeks over xmas.

I wish I had started it after the first attempt at CD I believe I would have lost all my excess weight by now :D

Good luck

Hi Lisa

Welcome to the forum.

Your menu looks fine for a green day. How up to date are your books? Does it have EE in it?

Re: speed of weight loss. SW is never going to be a lose weight fast option. It's a lose weight at a healthy rate while relearning how to eat a balanced diet way of doing it. It is recommended that people lose 1-2lb a week - anything else is a bonus and much more too often smacks of not eating healthily.

The best thing about SW is losing weight while enjoying your food, instead of thinking of it as 'the enemy'.

Instead of thinking about how much weight you want to lose in total - set yourself a mini-target of 7lb or so at a time. Before you know it time will be flying by and the weight will be going xx

Hello and welcome! We all lose weight at different rates and as Sue says SW isn't a 'quick fix' - follow the plan and the pounds will come off x

Welcome, and good luck.
As others have said SW is not a quick weight loss program. It is about healthy eating, losing weight and keeping the weight off.
I lost an average of one pound a week, which was fine.

Thanks for your comments, I know weight loss will be slower than i'm used to but determined to stick to a diet for once!

Today is week 11 for me and so far I've lost 13.5 lb, but hopefully I'll have a good loss tonight as I've been an angel all week!! This may sound fairly slow, but if I lose another stone in the next 10 weeks I'll be over the moon!! 11 weeks has absolutely flown since I started! If you think about how many times you comment on how quickly time goes by in relation to meeting up with friends, Christmas coming around etc etc just apply that to SW and weight loss and before you know it you'll have got to goal! That's the way I'm thinking about it! I'm not doing tons of exercise (something I do need to step up), which of course would speed it up, but I'm very much enjoying my food, able to eat out with family and friends and feel normal because I can eat things off the menu without the guilt (just make as sensible as poss choices/save up some syns) and I know that if I'm enjoying a variety of foods and feeling satisfied I'm far more likely to a)stick to it it and b)keep it off at the end! Good luck with your journey- I don't wish to knock diets like the Cambridge Diet (I've never tried them but realise it suits some people) but I do believe that Slimming World is a change people can make for life so I think you've made a good decision!x

Thank you, I do feel a lot more confident that this will be right for me after almost finishing my first day, just don't want to have another summer feeling rubbish, every year I say the same thing "i'm not going to be fat next summer" but it always ends up the same, i'm determined this year will be different.

That's exactly how I was feeling! Aimed to get slim by the time I was 30, then realised I'd become 32! I won't do it by the time I'm 33 (March) but am more than confident I'll do it by the time I'm 34!! LOL! I'm in no rush, and I'm already feeling a zillion times better, my skin has improved massively, I have more energy and stamina, I'm getting lots of compliments from people already, I'm starting to enjoy clothes again and feeling more glamorous like I used to, I'm just much happier and more confident in my skin and that's after just 1 stone- I still have 4 to go!! I'm so excited about this!! X

hello and welcome, you may need to update your sw books the new plan EE seems to be a big hit, ( i do green as i dont eat meat)
good luck with your journey, i have lost 62.5lb (4 stones 6.5lb) since june 15th 09 and im over the moon :)

Thats really good, well done. I do have the extra easy book, but dont totally understand it, and feel as though i'm eating way too much.

Back