Started today!

Jonsgirl80

Silver Member
Hi all,

Just popped in to say hi, i've started back on Atkins today for the second time - successfully lost 2 stone on it in 2011 for my wedding.

Since then i've briefly flirted with Dukan, slimming world, and 5:2 intermittent fasting but none of them seem to work for me.

Now it's time to get serious - myself and DH are desperate for a baby and need to go for IVF treatment but they won't even let me have the initial consultation until I've got my BMI under 30. That means I need to lose a serious amount of weight and time is not on my side as I'm 33 now and the chances of success are much lower after 35 so it's now or never I guess.

So I'm back to the only way of eating that has ever worked for me - fingers crossed and wish me luck

Hiya, good luck with the diet and the upcoming appointments! Good to hear that this diet has worked for you before!! I'm not quite in your position but think we will need IVF in the future as we both know we have problems and conceiving naturally will be very difficult. We're not quite ready yet, saving hard for a house first but I don't want to be "ready" and then have to lose 4 stone!! I canon,y dream of my BMI being around 30, currently at 41!!! Eeeek xx

Thanks guys,

Yeah Kimmi I know what you mean, we are all settled, sorted and ready to have a baby and then to be told we can't go any further until I've lost about two stone. I'm gutted - feel like I've hit a brick wall and wish I'd thought about it a lot sooner so I could have made a start and been more ready.

your way of doing it sounds a lot more sensible.

Well I think it's the biggest motivation reason to get that weight off!! My idea is sensible but I've been trying diets for over 2 years and not really successful, I keep using the "it's ok, I've got 2 years to do it" excuse. I do think I've found a diet that I can adopt for life though. Looking forward to following your diary and seeing the weight drop off :) x x x

Hiya Jonsgirl - lovely to see you back :wavey:

So delighted life is more settled for you - and I'm sure you'll lose the weight you need - why not start a diary up again?

All the best, Susie x

Hi lady and thanks.

Really hoping for a good first week whoosh - on day 3 and been 100% so far. I know it's early days but once I get the first week down I find it much easier to stick to. Plus I have more reason to stick to it than ever before.

yes it's a good idea about the diary - might help keep me focused

Back