Started WW on 05/01/12, need your support!

Neen28

Hi all!

I started WW Propoints on 05/01/12 as want to lose a bit of weight before my wedding in March. I have been a lot more overweight in the past, but just want to shift the last few pounds. I am a self confessed wine lover, and so its been tough for me giving up my evening glass of wine or two, however I have had NONE this year (6 days, woop lol) and am aiming to stick to a couple of glasses at the weekend as don't want it to hinder my weight loss.

I want to post my food diary on here as am always browsing the site, and find the WW one a bit well boring really!

Not quite sure how it all works, but food diary to follow...Neen x:D

good luck :) here to follow. I like ww pp because you can have a few drinks without ruining anything. last few month of wedding planning, i'm sure you can't wait. I got married in April past and wish I could do it all over again!!

So my points allowance is 32 which I was pleasantly surprised at but according to the leader this is correct. I am 5"11 and 28 years old....anyhoo, diary for yesterday 06/01/12:

1/2 pint skimmed milk over the day in tea/cereal 3PP

Breakfast:
Oatibix bites sultana & apple 4pp
Blueberries 0pp

Lunch:
White Pitta bread 4pp
Approx 50 g tuna in spring water drained 1PP
TBSP low fat mayo 1PP

Dinner:
2 small, lean pork escalopes 8PP
150g new potatoes 3PP
Petit pois 1PP
Carrots 0PP
Tsp Dijon mustard 1PP

Snacks:
Handful grapes 0PP
3 Jaffa cakes 4PP (?)This is according to WW tracker calculation but if they are 1PP each, how is this so?

Total for the day 30/32

Activity=60 min Zumba class (I am an addict!)

Any thoughts/tips would be welcome!

Back later...:)

Right here is yesterdays food diary:

Skimmed milk in tea/coffee 3pp

Breakfast:
2 Belvita biscuits 4pp

Lunch:
2 slices brown bread 4pp
Sainsburys light soft cheese garlic & herbs 1pp
Portion of smoked salmon 2pp (hardly touched it though as it seems i have gone off it-put it down as 2PP anyway)
Tomato & cucumber 0pp

Dinner:

Chicken breast wrapped in Parma ham 5PP
Medium portion of pasta 4pp
Asparagus & courgettes, boiled 0pp

2 x 175 ml glass red wine ;)8pp

Snacks:
Banana 0pp
Actimel 0.1% fat 1pp (I truly RESENT putting this as a PP as it has 28 calories?!?)
Grapes 0pp

Total points 32/32

Can I ask, does anyone else find that the points database on the Tracker on the WW site is not that great?? Only I am struggling to find some things, or the correct amount etc...also have found it seems to conflict a bit with books?:confused:

Neen

Hey,

Here to follow...

Diary looks great..

I'm on 32 pp per day as well :)
As for the Jaffa cakes (there so yummy) u will find with a lot of products that the point value may increase when you consume multiple values of that food as points are calculated on a rounded off system so for example 1 slice of bread is rounded down to 2pp however 2 slices gets rounded to 5... Does that make sense?

Best of luck for your weight loss u will get loads of great support and tips here x x

Hi ladies, thanks for following and for the kind words :)

I thought that was the case re the rounding off/jaffa cakes etc...darn it!

Rachel, do you mean Banrock Station wine, is it a lower alcohol one?
Sooo enjoyed my two ickle glasses last night but staying off it now til thrus eve after WI-if i have lost may treat self to a little glass :D

Can anyone clear up a fruit juice query for me, I got the impression from a lot of peeps diaries that if you drink the 100 % squeezed juice, then this is 0 PP? Can only see vaule for sweetened juice in book? Not too good with caffine so have to avioid diet coke etc so just wondering if can drink juices once a day without pointing....:confused:

Neen xx

Todays diary so far:

Skimmed milk in tea etc 3PP

Breakfast:
0% Fat acvtivia yoghurt 2PP
Banana 0pp

Lunch:
3 Ryvita 4pp
2 laughing cow light triangles 2pp
Home-made tomato soup, own recipie, point free 0pp

11 PP used so far, 19 left....going to the carvery tonight so going to allow 6PP for sliced turkey/gammon (no fat or skin), 4pp for two roast potatoes and then lots of veg.....1 PP for gravy? sound realistic??

Also saving some points for the inevitable jaffa cakes !!

Will be drinking soda water and decaf coffee, driving :)

Best of luck wit ur weight loss i luv ww even doh ive struggled myself in 2011 gettin back on track now had lost 4 stone in 2010 n last yr jus couldnt get back on track n put up 1 n half stone but im back on track now n dnt wanna go back d way i was out of all d diets its d best n alot of support on here =] xxx

I started the same day as you and like you and a self confessed wine lover. I had a glass on saturday night and loved it but the points just shock me, wine is evil points wise. Like you will steer clear until weigh in nght when i can have a glass to either drown my sorrows or celebrate.

Hi all lovely to have some people following and to help me keep on track. I hope you all had a good evening ? Realised roast potatoes are a whopping 4PP each but when got to carvery last night they had mash so had a scoop of that, did however have a spoon of cauliflower cheese so will need to recalculate it all and then update diary later. Taking my little one to the park this morning to meet some friends so that should be a good walk although I'm not factoring in activity points as yet...

Have a good morning ! X

Hi all.

Right so to finish off yesterdays dairy:

Dinner at Carvery :

As per previous post but mash potato instead of roast pots 4pp
and a spoon of cauli cheese which I have called 2pp

Also had a pack of french fry crisps in afternoon as realised i need my snacks!!
2pp

Drank coffee & water as planned yesterday eve.

So, Sunday totals 28/32 PP used

Being mega organised and putting todays diary on here now (well, I have had two meals of three already so I hope not too much changes :p). plus I have got to plan for a lesson on Wed when back to work so need time this afternoon for that.

Here goes:

Skimmed milk in tea/coffee 3pp

Breakfast:
Activia 0% fat yoghurt 2pp
Blueberries 0pp

Lunch:
2 slices Warburtons seeded bread 5pp
2Rashers bacon fat trimmed off 2pp
Tomato 0pp
Lowfat mayo 1pp

Dinner:

Chicken breast 4 PP
Pataks Rogan Josh curry paste 3pp (bought this one specially as significantly lower in PP than the perfectly good Jalfrezi one I already had!)
Tinned tomatoes 0pp
Tomato puree 0pp
portion of rice 6pp
courgettes 0pp

Snacks/ other:
Banana 0pp
Actimel 0.1% fat 1pp
Hazelnut syrup in Costa americano 1pp
Either pack of french fry crisps or 2 jaffa cakes 2pp

Total points 30/32

MrsLmc said:
Diary looks brilliant and make sure you use all your dailies, your losses will be better if you do. Enjoy the rest of your day x

Thanks for the tip ! Do you happen to know if pure fruit juices are pointed as if so I will use up points x x

NatalieR said:
I started the same day as you and like you and a self confessed wine lover. I had a glass on saturday night and loved it but the points just shock me, wine is evil points wise. Like you will steer clear until weigh in nght when i can have a glass to either drown my sorrows or celebrate.

Hi Natalie ! How are you coping without the wine ? I did not really find it a prob until Fri and sat....did not drink an awful lot in the week before. Just little and often... Now its seldom ! Good luck with your weigh in, what time is it on Thursday ? X

the banrock sounds interesting... did you find out which wine was 8pp for the whole bottle :O

Hi all!

After the encoragement of using all my dailies yest I thought "ok then!" and munched 3 jaffa cakes and a glass of 100 % pure OJ last night totalling 6 PP together so managed to use all pints and have two weeklies (rock n roll!)

Bit miffed as did the daft thing of getting on scales at gym today which have not moved so was a bit de-motivated, topped this off with weighing on own scales @ home (not digital)which also seem the same :eek: been trying so hard!

Sticking with it, will see what the WW scales say @ WI on thurs!

Food for today:

1/2 pint skimmed milk over the day in tea/coffee 3PP

Breakfast:
4 Belvita biscuits 6pp - eaten on the run between work and gym @ 10am

Lunch:
Curried butternut squash and red pepper soup, own recipie - no oil, potatoes etc so 0pp
3 x Ryvita 3PP
Philladelphia light 1 & 1/2 TBSP 2 PP
Slice Parma ham 1pp

Dinner:
Home made chips with fry light so allowing 2PP? Will prob have like 8 chips?
2 x low fat sausage 5pp
1 poached egg 2PP
2 Spoons of baked beans reduced sugar 3pp
Ketchup 1pp

Activity=45 min Spinning class

Snacks:
6 almonds 2 PP

Think some fry crisps may be calling me later......we shall see!

Total for the day 30/32

Catch up soon xx

Back