Started WW today who's with me!?!?

sillykitten

Salutations to all! I have made a few posts already but i think it might be nice to get to know all of you other new peoples starting on this journey.

Im 27, been big since i discovered how much I enjoy chinese and coke, which was before I was ten cos I was a tubby kid, every one put it down to baby fat and maybe it was cos I was skinny for a time in my teens but since then I've been up and down largest at a size 24 and smallest was two years ago when I was between a 12 and 14, oh happy days they were..... I got comfy and let myself away with eating crap and you know how it goes it just piled on again, GROWL!

So a couple of months ago I moved house and was sorting through all my clothes and most of them were put into storage cos they dont fit me any more. That should have been warning enough. Two weeks ago I was left with only one pair of jeans that fit comfortably, these were previously my "fat pants" normally reserved for bloated days that was the wake up call I needed. I knew I was putting on weight but I didnt realise how much I was piling on.

I cant wait to get to a point where I will be happy in my own skin. Gone will be the days where I beg my friends to leave me out when theyre taking photos that I know will end up on facebook.

I weighed myself for the first time in a year today, I am now at my heaviest I have ever been. NOT FOR LONG! I started to cut out the crap a few weeks ago and I'm back in more than one pair of jeans hooray!

Dont be shy, say hello! I'd love to make some new friends on here to keep each other motivated.

Salutations to all! I have made a few posts already but i think it might be nice to get to know all of you other new peoples starting on this journey.

Im 27, been big since i discovered how much I enjoy chinese and coke, which was before I was ten cos I was a tubby kid, every one put it down to baby fat and maybe it was cos I was skinny for a time in my teens but since then I've been up and down largest at a size 24 and smallest was two years ago when I was between a 12 and 14, oh happy days they were..... I got comfy and let myself away with eating crap and you know how it goes it just piled on again, GROWL!

So a couple of months ago I moved house and was sorting through all my clothes and most of them were put into storage cos they dont fit me any more. That should have been warning enough. Two weeks ago I was left with only one pair of jeans that fit comfortably, these were previously my "fat pants" normally reserved for bloated days that was the wake up call I needed. I knew I was putting on weight but I didnt realise how much I was piling on.

I cant wait to get to a point where I will be happy in my own skin. Gone will be the days where I beg my friends to leave me out when theyre taking photos that I know will end up on facebook.

I weighed myself for the first time in a year today, I am now at my heaviest I have ever been. NOT FOR LONG! I started to cut out the crap a few weeks ago and I'm back in more than one pair of jeans hooray!

Dont be shy, say hello! I'd love to make some new friends on here to keep each other motivated.

According to your heading you are on Weight Watchers diet, I believe you are on the wrong forum. Ask one of the moderators to move you to the Weight Watchers thread.
You are welcome here too but most of us are on Lipotrim diet:D

Dolphin, thanks for the response but I believe you're wrong see up the top it says "MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum > Newbies - Welcome & Say Hello! > Introductions"

if it was anything to do with specifically lipotrim it would say "MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum > Food Replacement Diets- Lipotrim Forum"

EDIT: Also looking at your replies to other newbies some of whom are also not on lipotrim. You are in the wrong section if you think this is just for lipotrim.

Last edited:
Dolphin, thanks for the response but I believe you're wrong see up the top it says "MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum > Newbies - Welcome & Say Hello! > Introductions"

if it was anything to do with specifically lipotrim it would say "MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum > Food Replacement Diets- Lipotrim Forum"

EDIT: Also looking at your replies to other newbies some of whom are also not on lipotrim. You are in the wrong section if you think this is just for lipotrim.

I am sorry I didn't mean to offend you. I was trying to be helpful in saying that you may find more support at WW forums.
I have been visiting SW forums because that's where I am heading once I have done with Lipotrim. Please accept my apologies:D

Hi Sillykitten.. Hope you're well.. And welcome to Minimins... Regardless of forums ha ha (joke.. Pls no1 take offence!)
I am also doing WW and LOVING the new ProPoints program.. Are you doing it at home? Or going to a class?
I started off in January going to classes to get my ass in gear but have been doing it at home for a while now.. Being on here is great.. Ya'll find a weekly weigh in forum, which for me gives me the kick that the class WI does haha.. As well as getting recipes and tips.. :D

Hey dubchick! Thanks for the welcome :)
I would love to go to the classes but I've been suffering from social anxiety for the last few years, I'm sure if i just went once i'd be fine from then on but its the uncertainty and not knowing any one that stresses me out. And also meetings = mula which I dont have very much of at the moment.... thankfully i have enough to keep me in BNS for the next few months lol! I'm weighing myself once a week at home, participating in the weigh ins on here and keeping myself determined.

I dont understand why we cant get the online one here for esource and i'd love to be able to use recipe builder cos I cook most things from scratch, but either way these forums and the interwebs in general are full of resources so I havent really been lost for information.

Well done on your losses to date you seem to be super motivated. I'm sure once i see losses on the scale I'll be the same. I also want to start measuring myself for those weeks when I dont lose much so that I can stay motivated then too.

See you round the boards :)

Good morning SillyKitten, I know what you mean about the mula!!!!! Have just been having the conversation with a woman from work.. It costs a small fortune to try lose weight.. You've first of all the €40 a month for weigh ins.. Then extra food costs.. Then gyms/swimming..It all adds up!!
I think the thing keeping me motivated right now is the thought of a bikini in 3 weeks!! Will need to find something new once that's been and gone!!

Hi sillykitten :)

Im on weight watchers too, have been for 7 weeks now and its great, had a few blips but i finally feel in control. This forums great, just what i need for support.
My name is Lisa and im sure we will see more posts from eachother through the site a im a newbie in here too :)

Hi Lisa!
Thanks for the hello :) well done on your 15lb gone! Must feel awesome! I'm aiming for a stone this month, i know it sounds high but I know that my first few weeks I tend to lose big numbers and then its a slog but once its in the right direction I'll be happy. I cant wait to feel that control too, emotional/boredom eating is my downfall. I shall definitely see you round.

Dubchick, just replied to your chinese points q.... seems like we have a love of chinese in common too! Gym isnt an option for the same reasons as above but I have some work out dvds and my bf is doing them with me, we're both competitive so we try to outdo each other which is great for getting the most out of it.

Dubchick, just replied to your chinese points q.... seems like we have a love of chinese in common too! Gym isnt an option for the same reasons as above but I have some work out dvds and my bf is doing them with me, we're both competitive so we try to outdo each other which is great for getting the most out of it.

I do like my take aways (which is my reason for being the size I am!!) But I still (now) try and be good while having them.. I hope that szechuan isn't anymore than the 8pp... Tho I had my WI this morning and after a seriously bingey weekend I stayed the same.. So I'm happy with that!! :D

ooooo i love szechuan! Gonna look into that one :) i too stayed the same this week and after the week i had im happy also. Lets stay positive for the week ahead!
Lisa

Yea Lisa u check with your leader too.. I rang WW headoffice here today and she couldn't give me propoints for chicken szechuan. She only had prawn szechuan (12pp) so told me to add 1 r 2 coz chicken is higher than prawns.. So its still really only a guess.. Even tho it did come from WW themselves..
And remember.. Its for a restaurant portion.. NOT a take away... sadly lol

Hi Silly Kitten, welcome and all the very best with your journey. I hope everything is going great for you and I look forward to hearing how you are getting on. My theory is that whatever way you choose to lose your weight, we all celebrate each others success. Keep your focus and the losses will come. Take care.

Aw katie that's so sweet thanks for the support! It means a lot. Also means I'll have a few fingers wagging at me if don't stick to it which will also be helpful! In comparison with other forums in the same vein I just love the energy from these boards even tho I'm only here a few days the positivity is great and its infectious. I love how everytime I click on a post for some one who's having a bad day or didnt get the loss they were looking for all the responses are soooo uplifting instead of joining in with the complaining. Its great!

I'm not WW, but I think it does help with portion control and self-control. I use the principle of writing down my cheat meals. I also add my PH because my cheat meals always lower it to 6.0. At my healthiest diet, I am 6.8. (I am recovering from chronic fatigue, so my sleep and diet are the most important things I need to control.) Hope you find buddies.

Forgot about this thready but just wanted to say thanks to every one for being so welcoming :)

Back