• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

started xenical today, few questions

foodfairy

Silver Member
S: 12st2lb C: 12st1lb G: 10st7lb Loss: 0st1lb(0.59%)
not been here for aaages, dunno if anyone remembers me :D

anyway, i went to the drs today and was surprised that she prescribed xenical as my old dr wouldnt even though i have a bmi of 34!

no info with it so im wondering what the heck to do :confused:

im 5ft 4 and weigh 14st 3lbs. how many calories do i follow a day and can i have snacks inbetween meals? dont want to just live off fruit n veg lol

is there a good list of foods anywhere on here that i can have a look at ?
ive read the welcome post by pink, and it was very helpful :)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 15st6lb C: 15st2lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 34.2 Loss: 0st4lb(1.85%)
Hi and welcome, Ive only been on xencial for just over a week so im still learning. Ive not had any unwanted side effects and I stick to, 3 meals and fruit/yogurts as snacks. The 5g/100g rule is brilliant, theres a post by pink punkii on that too.
Theres a thread with reciepes to, they are lovely def worth a look.

Good luck, most importantly stick to the 5/100g rule and no more than 15g of fat per meal and you'll be fine.

xx

cherrytimmers

mines a skimmed latte
S: 18st5lb C: 18st1lb G: 10st7lb Loss: 0st4lb(1.56%)
I'm following slimming world as well as using xenicalbut omitting things like cheese!! don't exceed 15g fat per meal and snack on fruit and fat free yogurts is great advice - if you look at some xenical diaries ypu can see what other people are eating

foodfairy

Silver Member
thanks for your help ladies :)
im really looking forward to starting :gimi:

Kes

Gold Member
S: 232lb C: 179.8lb G: 140lb BMI: 30.9 Loss: 52.2lb(22.5%)
another good website that kae put me onto was myfitnesspal.com.... it will be able to work out how many calories you need to have per day to loose say 2lb a week... thats what i did.. altough for some silly reason im not counting caliories... although i dont think im ever going over i really should start to count them i guess! lol (*slaps on hand and says DO IT*)

foodfairy

Silver Member
thank you everyone, may look into doing sw again as i hate counting cals bleurghh!