started xenical today, few questions

foodfairy

Silver Member
not been here for aaages, dunno if anyone remembers me :D

anyway, i went to the drs today and was surprised that she prescribed xenical as my old dr wouldnt even though i have a bmi of 34!

no info with it so im wondering what the heck to do :confused:

im 5ft 4 and weigh 14st 3lbs. how many calories do i follow a day and can i have snacks inbetween meals? dont want to just live off fruit n veg lol

is there a good list of foods anywhere on here that i can have a look at ?
ive read the welcome post by pink, and it was very helpful :)

Hi and welcome, Ive only been on xencial for just over a week so im still learning. Ive not had any unwanted side effects and I stick to, 3 meals and fruit/yogurts as snacks. The 5g/100g rule is brilliant, theres a post by pink punkii on that too.
Theres a thread with reciepes to, they are lovely def worth a look.

Good luck, most importantly stick to the 5/100g rule and no more than 15g of fat per meal and you'll be fine.

xx

I'm following slimming world as well as using xenicalbut omitting things like cheese!! don't exceed 15g fat per meal and snack on fruit and fat free yogurts is great advice - if you look at some xenical diaries ypu can see what other people are eating

another good website that kae put me onto was myfitnesspal.com.... it will be able to work out how many calories you need to have per day to loose say 2lb a week... thats what i did.. altough for some silly reason im not counting caliories... although i dont think im ever going over i really should start to count them i guess! lol (*slaps on hand and says DO IT*)

thank you everyone, may look into doing sw again as i hate counting cals bleurghh!

Back