Started yesterday on day 2

Bugoneeoni

Hello all,

I have started the CD due to desperation and wanting to lose weight for health, and vanity reasons. I stated yesterday and that was ok I had a headache and was in bed by 9pm and woke up at 8am and woke up with energy. Today however, has been a lot harder and as a stay at home mum I am surrounded by temptation but hope when I have done the first week it should get easier?

I have a few questions if anyone could help me;

1. Can you add a spoonful of coffee to the vanilla shake to add a new taste?
2. Can you drink no added sugar drinks?
3. Any tips to get through the first week?

I am drinking lots of water and going to the toliet a lot! TMI maybe but it's true. When will I know I am in ketosis?
I am urged on by my husband and I am keeping it a secret from everyone else which can be hard but I just say I am on a diet and drink water wherever I go.

Trying not to think about food and keeping myself busy with my 2 young children but when they want treats and fruit - anything I am so tempted ut so far not fallen off the wagon!

Please respond if you can? I need some help with motivation! Good luck to you all and hope you are having a good diet day and enjoy the Olympics! :)

Hi, I'm on day 14 and loving it. Ok i'll admit ive had 2 days were ive felt weak and hungry and thought to myself can i stick with this but the next day woke up and felt great and already I've lost inches and 10 1/2lbs.

You can drink water, black coffee and tea (no sugar free drinks) saying that a lot of things I've read on here people are drinking coke zero and they are still losing weight.

I've also had sugar free gum and used a mouth spray as your mouth does get really dry.

Yeh I'm sure you can add coffee to the vanilla flavour, have u tried the capucchino yet? It's lovely.

As for ketosis, you can buy the sticks from chemist and u basically wee on the stick and then check whether u are in ketosis. once u are u know your burning fat!!

How u finding it so far? Stick with it cos you'll soon see the results and feel better.

Do u have much to lose?

Any questions just ask on here, I'll be happy to help xx

Hi, first week definitely the toughest! I'm only on day 7 today and beginning to have weak thoughts. Usually this time on a Friday night in sitting with a vodka and takeaway in my hand! Instead im doing housework! My house has never been so clean. That would be my advice to you, stay strong & find things to do like housework or walk the dog or paint your nails etc, things to take your mind off eating! Usually by day 4 you are in ketosis but some people get in it sooner depending on how carbs your diet was before starting CD.
I only drink water (lots of & coffee), yeh heard people drinking coke zero but I'm not daring to try it it will probably lead me to want more naughties :O for me it's all or nothing.
The first week I was going to bed really early too lol and whenever you feel hungry have a shake or drink water usually takes the edge off x

Thank you Happynic! Will go and make myself a black tea as just drinking water alone is beginning to bore me. and make me think about food. Thank you so much for your information. I have 3 and half stone to lose and it's my sister's wedding on September 8th so I don't want to be the fat sister at the wedding and in the photos and whn it's been hot my thighs rub and that's when I had my moment of enough is enough!! I will stay off coke zero for the first 2 weeks and see how I get on! Will go and buy the sticks from the chemist I think it would it be a good idea for CD to supply these.

So far not too bad, just keep thinking about bread! I love my carbs hence why I am overweight I could easily eat a whole loaf packet of biscuits, pasta, potatoes.. yummy but learning a lot about self control how smokers quit smoking is beyond me all credit to them! I have learnt I have an addictive personality so need to get addicted to drink water. How much water do you drink a day? I am aiming for 3 litres a day. Which seems loads!

I haven't tried the capuccino yet will try that next week :) I seem to have energy in the day but nby now heading for bed but trying to stay up to watch the olympics, which I would have been watching with wine and a takeaway - oh well it will be worth it!?I will also buy a mouthspray great tip!

JenM - thanks for replying to me too!! Really kind and appreciated! I agree with you over the coke zero and naughties I would fall off the wagon! I am trying to walk when I am thinking too much please let me know hw you get on!! xx
Hi, I'm on day 14 and loving it. Ok i'll admit ive had 2 days were ive felt weak and hungry and thought to myself can i stick with this but the next day woke up and felt great and already I've lost inches and 10 1/2lbs.

You can drink water, black coffee and tea (no sugar free drinks) saying that a lot of things I've read on here people are drinking coke zero and they are still losing weight.

I've also had sugar free gum and used a mouth spray as your mouth does get really dry.

Yeh I'm sure you can add coffee to the vanilla flavour, have u tried the capucchino yet? It's lovely.

As for ketosis, you can buy the sticks from chemist and u basically wee on the stick and then check whether u are in ketosis. once u are u know your burning fat!!

How u finding it so far? Stick with it cos you'll soon see the results and feel better.

Do u have much to lose?

Any questions just ask on here, I'll be happy to help xx

Yes you can add coffee to the shakes. None of the no added sugar drinks though as they still contain a certain amount of sugar and a lot of them will contain citric acid as well which can interfere with ketosis.

I've never bothered with the ketostix. If you follow the diet you will go into ketosis but it's not essential to the weight loss as the amount of calories you consume means it's impossible to NOT lose weight.

Thank you for the info txljay, keeping on the water and the shakes and soups. Just weighed myself and only 2lbs gone :( but only on day 3 so we'll have to wait and see. Unfortunately patience isn't one of my strong points. Also think I am constipated can you take lazatives to get things moving?

You can take senna or dulcolax, yes. Once you've 'got rid of the problem' so to speak, it's worth either getting some of the fibre powder from your cdc or getting some psyllium husks from somewhere. I take the capsules from Holland and Barrett, and they've helped stop me getting constipated.

hi I just went to buy the sticks and they were going to cost me £35 which I thought was a lot? Please can you let me know how much you paid and what make? So i can hunt for them thank you!! 10 and i/2 pounds in 2 weeks is fantastic, do you really not feel hungry? Do you have a lot to lose?

Ive heard to expect bad breathe very soon on this. Does anyone have any tips how to help combat this ........ i am on day 3 n HUNGRY ha ha

Great thanks for the info again, it really helps!! I wish when I started they said I might and that I could eat laxatives! 8-lbs lost is phenomonal!! Well done you! What are your goals when you have lost the weight? Did it come off steady or fast and slow? Am I realistic thinking I could lose 25 in 6 weeks? as that is when my sister's wedding is. I am also walking more each day to try and get rid of an extra 100 calories as I don't want to over do it. Did you do any exercise as well?

Drink, drink and drink water! I bought an evian water bottle and trying to drink 4 of them which equates to 3 litres of water but I go to the loo a lot and I am taking paracetomol to help with hunger pains and it works! I have no bad breathe yet,...still waiting!

Great thanks for the info again, it really helps!! I wish when I started they said I might and that I could eat laxatives! 8-lbs lost is phenomonal!! Well done you! What are your goals when you have lost the weight? Did it come off steady or fast and slow? Am I realistic thinking I could lose 25 in 6 weeks? as that is when my sister's wedding is. I am also walking more each day to try and get rid of an extra 100 calories as I don't want to over do it. Did you do any exercise as well?

I've been losing gradually since the end of January. I was doing some exercise until I broke a toe and a bone in my foot about 7 weeks ago, so I'm definitely off games now lol In 6 weeks I'd lose 18 lbs but 25 isn't unusual for some people. I'm off on holiday a couple of weeks after I'm due to hit target :D

Great to have a holiday in mind!! And a great steady loss but sorry to hear about your toe and foot! I am giving it my all to shift the pounds and the stones! Also did you go to bed early in the beginning? How did you cope when people ask you for a night out etc.. I need a strategy! Did you ever "cheat"?

How do you get a weight loss ticker? Sorry for all the questions as you can see I am new and keen! :) I keep cleaning and painted my garden fence today to keep busy and having lots of baths with candles as a treat for surviving the day!

Yep, I had several early nights in the beginning. To be honest I avoided any nights out to not tempt myself!

Weight Loss - Diet Ticker try this site here for a diet ticker - it's nice and easy to use.

No problem with the questions! As I've been there, I'm more than happy to try and help anyone just starting out on Cambridge :)

Hi, you sound like your doing great. My start weight was 10st 11 and my target is 9st, I know I don't have loads to lose but that is half my battle cos I normally follow weight watchers or slimming world lose 7 lbs then think oh I look ok then start eating rubbish again and within a couple of wks I've piled it back on.

A friend of mine works for the Nhs so that's how I got my ketostix. If u follow the plan you'll be in ketosis.

I can honestly say I haven't felt hungry at all, only twice when I've felt really tired I've thought I could really have something to eat but I've just drank more water or had a black coffee and then been fine.

From reading lots of posts on this site it is possible to lose that amount in 6 wks.

Hope the above helps xx

Can I butt in and ask if you can have sweetener in your coffee ?

I'll text her now, thank youuuu

Thank you Happynic and txljay will keep on the water and just found some shakes shocking choc and mint was horrible but choc and orange is fab just like Terry's choclate orange yummy! I will persevere! Thanks again for the information I am really grateful!! :)

Back