Attack Started yesterday!

Hey I started yesterday after doing 5 months on the Cambridge diet and losing 5 stone in baby weight! I want to do another 2 stone .
Has anyone else done a vlcd like Cambridge and still had success on this diet. I love protein so find the attack stage relatively easy I just can't believe I can feel so full and be losing weight!

Hello there and welcome to the boards and Dukan plan. I lost my weight for the umpteen time with the Cambridge plan a few years ago but just like always in the past I ended up putting it back on because I just stopped everything as soon as I got to goal weight. I am the ultimate yo yo dieter LOL. So it doesn't really answers your question you but I can safely say that Dukan is the only plan that made me think about the way i eat and showed me that I can enjoy food in a different way to what I was used to. I will follow all the stages now and NEVER will I go back to the way I was before. Good luck you will love yourself on this diet and the best part YOU WON'T BE FREEZING ANYMORE
I used to be frozen during CD :D

I did Lipotrim and lost a bit of weight on that, but developed gallstones and couldnt tolerate the meal replacement drinks, have put all the weight back on because i didnt learn how to eat after stopping the liquid.

Dukan is 4 phases, its not just about losing weight but teaching us to make better choices and basically going back to basics were food is concerned, ive never spent so much time cooking!! lol Cx

passionflower said:
Hello there and welcome to the boards and Dukan plan. I lost my weight for the umpteen time with the Cambridge plan a few years ago but just like always in the past I ended up putting it back on because I just stopped everything as soon as I got to goal weight. I am the ultimate yo yo dieter LOL. So it doesn't really answers your question you but I can safely say that Dukan is the only plan that made me think about the way i eat and showed me that I can enjoy food in a different way to what I was used to. I will follow all the stages now and NEVER will I go back to the way I was before. Good luck you will love yourself on this diet and the best part YOU WON'T BE FREEZING ANYMORE
I used to be frozen during CD :D

Ha ha your so right I was always freezing!!!!

Hiya,

I'm a serial dieter ;-( and lost 2 n a half stone in six weeks last summer on LT .. But sadly put it all back on .. Have to say knowing how awkward shakes are and how no food limited social activities etc Dukan seems great so far I'm just finished day 3 and I have 3+ lbs gone already so all those myths about ruining your future metabolism on TFR isn't true !

Interesting to see gallstones mentioned in this thread ... I landed my self in hospital 7 weeks ago with pains and they suspect gallstones but couldn't fathom how someone if my age could have them oops ... They were not impressed when I told they about LT!

Good luck with the last 2 stone .. 5 gone already is amzbells!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck and welcome, this diet as was said takes you back to basics and retrains your mind while reshaping your boby....what more do you want. x

Hiya,

I'm a serial dieter ;-( and lost 2 n a half stone in six weeks last summer on LT .. But sadly put it all back on .. Have to say knowing how awkward shakes are and how no food limited social activities etc Dukan seems great so far I'm just finished day 3 and I have 3+ lbs gone already so all those myths about ruining your future metabolism on TFR isn't true !

Interesting to see gallstones mentioned in this thread ... I landed my self in hospital 7 weeks ago with pains and they suspect gallstones but couldn't fathom how someone if my age could have them oops ... They were not impressed when I told they about LT!

Good luck with the last 2 stone .. 5 gone already is amzbells!!

Rapid weight loss, females and genetic links increase risk of developing Gallstones, i have all these, mum had them too. very painful!!

Defo painful ... I've never felt anything like it I vomited form the pain it was so sudden and I couldnt pin point for the doctors where all I could do was cry scary!

Thankfully I've had no more attacks ... I'm hoping being in Ketosis again doesn't bring it back!

Hey I started yesterday after doing 5 months on the Cambridge diet and losing 5 stone in baby weight! I want to do another 2 stone .
Has anyone else done a vlcd like Cambridge and still had success on this diet. I love protein so find the attack stage relatively easy I just can't believe I can feel so full and be losing weight!

Hiya and well done you! Wow what an achievement not only becoming a mum but losing 5 stone....good girl!

I just made a post saying how much I prefer this diet as I can lose weight and still be sociable. I've been on this plan 3 weeks and lost 13 lbs so yes for sure it can be done as I'm sure other Dukaneers have done greater than me. The Cambridge would be OK for me if I lived on a desert island but then that's not living. It is still early days for me but so far so good. I too like protein and did the attack for 10 days as the book said it was OK to do that long and I didnt find a problem eating protein.

Your next 2 st will drop off and don't forget to post the before and after pixs!!

Good luck, Saska x

Defo painful ... I've never felt anything like it I vomited form the pain it was so sudden and I couldnt pin point for the doctors where all I could do was cry scary!

Thankfully I've had no more attacks ... I'm hoping being in Ketosis again doesn't bring it back!

I only ever had two attacks, vomiting, feeling faint, pain i thought i was going to die!! one was 4 in the morning after eating chicken nuggets at tea time. Doc went mad said i should have gone to hospital straight away after that one. I was getting lots of pain every time i ate anything, so the gall bladder was removed. That was 2009, im still getting the pains in my side, waiting now for an ultra sound scan to check that a stray stone is not causing any problems.

Hope you stay pain free, wouldnt wish that on anyone, good luck. Cx

Back