Starting again.... 181lbs to lose!

I have been doing slimming world on and off for the past few years now. Then i stopped again in November and decided i was happy with my weight and if someone else had a problem with it then tough!!
Then i went out just after christmas with my friends and i hated every minute of it, i nearly had a panic attack because i was just so paranoid that i was the biggest person in the club i thought everyone was looking at me and talking about me, so i havent been out since!
I am 24 and i work with adults with learning disabilities so it can be a pretty demanding job at times. I have realised that this is my time to do this, i need to lose this weight for my job, for my family and for my health!
I got on the scales on Monday and i cried! My weight has gone up to 23st 13lbs!! I want to be 11stone. So 12st 13lbs to lose. I know its gonna be hard work but i am determined to do it this time!!

Omg its been such a hard few days, i quit smoking as my new years resolution too, so 28 days smoke free and 4 days healthy eating and ive turned into a very grumpy being!
Missed my best friends birthday night out last night because i couldnt face going out but i know he wont be too mad, he can be pretty understanding at times!
Keep wanting to get on the scales and see how i am doing but gonna make myself wait til monday.

week 1 weigh in

I stood on the scales this morning with my eyes closed while my mum weighed me! I thought i had maybe lost 2 or 3lbs at the most....
I have lost 11.5 lbs this week!

I am gobsmacked!

Excellent well done. And well done for tackling your issues. Quitting smoking was one of the hardest things i ever did and led to the majority of my weight issues.... this year i will finish that battle.

SW is great, especially whilst you're quitting smoking. Stick with it you can definitely reach your goals :) x

thankyou :)
yeah its been really hard quitting smoking but think i am finally getting over it, the cravings have gone its just when i am feeling stressed!

angelsdontkill said:
thankyou :)
yeah its been really hard quitting smoking but think i am finally getting over it, the cravings have gone its just when i am feeling stressed!

We use it to cope, I unfortunately replaced that habit with food :( but I'm conquering that this time :) xxx

yeah smoking and eating kind of goes hand in hand!
I waited a month to start my diet after quitting smoking because i knew i would constantly be eating lol

Hello:) just having a look through some diaries.Well done on your fab loss!! That is brilliant:D

Back