Starting again, again.

moonwatcher

Gold Member
So I'm starting again tomorrow. To be honest I've come back to SW so many times that I think my user name should really be "boomerang!"

What will be different this time? Well I really like the extra easy plan, which didn't exist last time around and I'm 50 next year - which does seem to focus my thoughts on getting it right.

Also previous start dates have always been 'after' something - after the weekend, after the party, after lunch with a friend, after I've eaten what's in the pantry. This time I've spent all day - yes all day - reading on this board and I've decided that I'm not going to wait until after anything - I'm starting tomorrow.

I've asked my DH to go down the shop in the morning to get some basics and the superspeed soup ingredients. I can't go myself because I'm laid up with an ankle injury. In the past, that in itself would have been enough to 'allow' me to delay my start date as I would have told myself that there is no point in starting SW because I can't do much exercise, and there's no point starting until I can do it 'properly.'

Well I've decided that is a cop out, so tomorrow's the day! :)

Thanks, I certainly intend to give it my best shot. I'd forgotten how often you have to be strong and resist temptation! So far so good though. I've just been looking at your stats - 9.5 lbs in week 2 - wow!:D

your last sentence resonated with me!
I have achilles tendinopathy and have wasted months & put on more weight waiting for it to get better so that i could exercise and do it 'properly'!

well done you! i wish you all the best with your journey.

Hi moonwatcher and welcome!

You put a smile on my face about 'boomerang'!! I've lost count of the times I have either joined a class or have gone it alone. When I joined SW 14 weeks ago I think my hubby must have been thinking 'here we go again'!! Anyway, this time I haven't given in even when the going got tough I stayed on the plan and now I'm almost 2 stone lighter and 8lbs away from target. So if I can do it, you can too!! I have every faith!

Good luck x

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I thought I'd already replied again, but obviously I hadn't!

Total loss so far, three weeks in, is 8.5 lbs. That's 4.5 lbs in week one, 2 lbs in week 2, and 2 lbs week three (WI today). I'm really happy with that. I have had a lot of stressful stuff going on for the last two weeks, and at the moment I can do nothing about it all except just wait and see. I've found that having my SW to focus on has been my saviour really, as it is something I can take control over!

Thinspired - that sounds painful! How long will it take to recover, or is it like my sprain, in that you just have to wait for it to get better with no idea how long? :sigh2:

Back