Starting again (again)

lexi30

Hi all,
i have been here a couple of times before so I am feeling a bit sheepish being back!

I reached breaking point last week when I saw a reflection of someone I didn't recognise an hated it. So a doctors appt later here I am, waiting for the healthy shop to arrive.

The doc was great and just advised the best options for me. I have 4 weeks before my next appt.
I am 17st 4 and need/want to be a least 12st. But I am taking it a lb at a time.

so, I am here asking for people who can help me and keep me motivated. I have the best man in the world, but as I said I have been here so many times I want to prove to him that this time I mean it.

my weight is affecting everything.

so, this is is a cry for support xxx. I will be posting here regularly xx

Hi lexi I have 8 stone to lose in total and I know how u feel everytime has been " this time im really doing it " and people lose faith in u .mimimins is great the reason im on here now is I felt a wobble comming on lol the kids have made chocolate cake with grandma and brought it home !!! Just take it one step at a time thats what im doing and when u feel down or feel like giving up just read through the success stories on here we can do it (this time) hehe x x x

So, completed my third day and according to myfitnesspal I have been under my calories everyday.

i have been earning extra calories by walking to work (10 min each way), trying to walk more whilst at work and then cleaning for 20/25 mins at home while waiting for tea.

I am still feeling positive, although slightly worried about the weekend, as that's where I generally fall down.

But I am proud to say no chocolate in 3 days

if anyone can think of anyways to prevent at home weekend binges let me know xx

Hi Lexi :)

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I lost two stone last year and put it nearly all back on again. I guess the only advice I have is to take one day at a time and don't let a bad day put you off track for good.

I hope we both stick around!

Thanks for your replies, it helps to know that other people are feeling the same and are trying to make the changes too :)

So it's Saturday, I did cave and had a curlywurly last night (best I have ever tasted) and now I feel better, no cravings.

The dr didn't want me to with myself until the next appt, as she felt it may put me off! That's really hard, I want to see if my first week has paid off. But I will follow orders and wait until the end of the month.

i feel really positive, I hope everyone else does too.

I am taking everyday and every hour as it comes, I feel that's the best way.
I will keep everyone posted

It's amazing how good a little bit of chocolate tastes when you aren't over doing it! Sometimes I shovel a load in and hardly taste it :( Freezing curly wurlies makes them even better and they last longer. Hopefully at the end of the month you will have a BIG surprise when you weigh in. I have been sticking to 1750 cal a day and they are 5lb down in five days :O

I am really hoping that it will have paid off when I go back to dr's. Otherwise I am likely to stuff my face with kebab again!!

How have you got on this week? Good or bad week?

I have to start more excerise I think, that's the next step

I'm sure you will see a good loss over a month! See if you can hold off from weighing yourself until then because it might make all the difference seeing it go in a large block like that.

I joined SW but I know I prefer calorie counting so am just going along to have the weigh in and stickers:D This is what I did last year and lost 2 stone and felt sooo much better for it.

This week with the Calorie counting has been okay. I have been craving sweet food because I have a real sugar addiction going on. My trick is to not buy and packs of sweet stuff and just have 1 treat in the house or else I will have a taste and eat the lot! I am eating foods i like and just having less of it... for instance, for breakfast I'm having one slice of buttery white toast and marmite and I find it does keep me satisfied until lunch (if I'm busy!). Last year I was having one evening a week that I ate what ever I liked and counted the calories but didn't set myself an upper limit. that just seemed to help my weight loss. I was eating maybe an extra 500 to 1000 calories on that one evening.

I am thinking the first 2 weeks are when I will notice the difference weight wise as I have gone from having chocolate and crisps daily to having 1 low cal crisps (95 cal) and no chocolate.

i think I just need to get into a new routine. If I think about what I was eating before, makes me shudder!

Breakfast has been poached eggs and a slice of buttered toast (very thin) which means that I am full until lunchtime. Lunch been salad with some meat in it and then tea has been fish or chicken and jacket potato.

I think I want to start to feel different in my clothes.

That all sounds like really good stuff to eat to fill you up. I had such a tasty dinner tonight and feel totally stuffed!

Not the healthiest meal but I was in a hurry and it was so good!

You should notice your clothes are looser by the end of the month I would have thought. :)

Morning all,

I gave in this morning and weighed myself -it was just too hard. The result has made me smile and pushed me forward :D
In 7 days I have gone from 17st 4 to 16st 11- a loss of 1/2 a stone.

It has done the trick and now I can look forward into the next week knowing that what I am doing is working.

i have the week menu planned out and I am currently treating myself to houmous and dips.

Back