Starting again and gaining weight - help!

oliviagb

I'm very new to this forum but in need of some guidance and advice. I started weight watchers in September/October 2011 at a weight of 10st 3. I'm 5 ft 4. I had 29pp per day and it worked really well, by Christmas I was down to 9st and by February around 8st 10. Since March, I suppose I've been quite relaxed with it, haven't really counted my points, some days eaten over, some days eaten under. I remained at 8st 12 throughout but in the last 3 weeks (have under eaten I think) and am now at 9st 1 :( I decided I'd start the WW properly again, have 29 pp per day and I've joined a gym (its only been around 5 days) however, I've got on the scales just now and I'm 9st 2. Feeling very dishearted and worried that because I was under eating on my points and now I'm eating the correct amount, that I'm gaining weight and going to gain more if I carry on. Shall I re-review my points? Does it need more time?

Any help/advice/tips would be much appreciated.

oliviagb said:
I'm very new to this forum but in need of some guidance and advice. I started weight watchers in September/October 2011 at a weight of 10st 3. I'm 5 ft 4. I had 29pp per day and it worked really well, by Christmas I was down to 9st and by February around 8st 10. Since March, I suppose I've been quite relaxed with it, haven't really counted my points, some days eaten over, some days eaten under. I remained at 8st 12 throughout but in the last 3 weeks (have under eaten I think) and am now at 9st 1 :( I decided I'd start the WW properly again, have 29 pp per day and I've joined a gym (its only been around 5 days) however, I've got on the scales just now and I'm 9st 2. Feeling very dishearted and worried that because I was under eating on my points and now I'm eating the correct amount, that I'm gaining weight and going to gain more if I carry on. Shall I re-review my points? Does it need more time?

Any help/advice/tips would be much appreciated.

I think giving your height and weight you should be on 26 I am heavier and shorter than you and am on 26 daily and 49 weekly x

I think your points r too high, do you need to be on 26? I am heavier and shorter but 26 is the minimum. X

melmbelm said:
I think your points r too high, do you need to be on 26? I am heavier and shorter but 26 is the minimum. X

I agree ww changed the minimum from 29pp to 26pp. Do you have a calculator to check how many you should be on? Or maybe post you weigh height and age and someone could do it for you. Also your only a couple of days in and your weight can fluctuate so don't be too disheartened wait until you've been back on plan for a week. Good luck with getting back to your goal weight! :)

week 1 -7 1/2 lbs :)

Normally your body runs on a 3week cycle so don't be disheartened stick at it and track and the results will soon show. Also I find if I go back to exercising after a while I ALWAYS put weight on. Drink lost of water and keep at it x

Back