Starting again but not going to weigh myself

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I managed to lose 1.5stone but then got stuck. I've been faffing around the last 6 months.

I've decided I'm going to give it another shot but not weigh myself. I find that I get a bit obsessed with the numbers on the scales. If I'm not losing I get fed up & end up blowing it & also if I'm doing well think oh well I've done well I can have a treat but it spirals out of control & I can't get back on the wagon.

I was going to join a class but just thought I'll try myself & maybe just weigh monthly.

What do you think? Am I mad doing it this way? Anyone else not weigh in every week? Your thoughts?

To be honest I think weighing once a month is such a good idea as I know my weight certainly fluctuates depending on where in my cycle I am. 2 weeks after my period I get a sts every month without fail and even though I know the reason it is disheartening when I know I've had a good week and its written in my book that I've not lost. Despite all that though I'm used to it now and wouldn't change from weekly weigh in (I also go to group so can't get out of it that way!) But certainly if I was going it alone at home I would weigh once a month (and not on the week I always sts!) :) x

Hey BB, you've done it before and know what works for you so go for it! Personally I think weighing monthly is a great idea, it's very easy to get sucked into too much scale hopping and it's not often very productive. It would be good to see you back so good luck x

Back