Starting again.....for the final time!

macmammy

:wave_cry:Well I have decided to come back to the site in the hope that this can be another tool in the journey i am about to embark upon!

After two children (the youngest is 7 months) and numerous attempts at numerous diets, I am now in the obese catagory:cry:

I know i must resolve this in order to not only lead a healthy life for me but also to set the correct example for my two girls.

I am joining class this week (thursday) and until then using the online system for support. I think, that for me the original slimming world plan, i.e Original and green days is best for me as I tend to work better, when i have more strict guidelines in place if you know what I mean?

So today is the first day (hopefully of the rest of my slimmer life) has not been too bad, food wide i am happy and have not felt too deprived at all.

But...... in my case feeling deprived/hungry is not really at the crucks of the issue, it is more to do with this part of the day. As my hubby is in the forces, this is the time of the day, when the girls are in bed and i start some reaslly bad evening eating habits. So far tonight i have been quite good in having only a cup of tea and coming on here for distraction!....really hpe i can break the bad habits and learn some new ones:sign0144:

well day two almost done and i have been really good, as usual though finding it so much easier when i am in the routine of work and sooo much harder when i get home, really trying with the willpower, but tonight i am soo hungry. I am trying to stick to red/original days as i feel they have worked the best for me in the past.....well i am gonna start a book and have a bath to try and curb temptations.
today i had

Breakfast = 2x WW bread (HEX B), extra light salad cream, tomato
Lunch = Egg Salad
Dinner = Salmon, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms
snacks = banana, 2x apples, skimmed milk (HEXA)

Hey, welcome, bolied eggs are allowed, don't feel bad for eating free food!! Keep you snacks to superfree as much as possible, but the odd free snack won't go amiss!!

My bf is forces too and is away on a course at the moment, so I kinda know what you mean about certain times of day being more of a temptation. I have recently taken up a lot of exercise and it seems to fill my time after work between food until bedtime lol xx

Thanks Laura, I am determined this time, the eggs thing last night was funny really as they were supposed to be for my daugther to take to school for painting for easter! whoops! never mind she got some more... Ah its hard sometimes being a forces family as there is so many changes and stuff, and not much stability. you look like you are doing well on SW so far, well done. xx

Thanks, mine is a very slow journey - took me a while to realise how slow it was going to be, but I'm happy to take it slow now, since this is a change for life, and here's hoping I ain't gonna pop my clogs anytime soon lol

I am a fairly new forces wag so just getting used to the instability! My oh has only been in for just over 2 years so we are both adjusting to what's going on. First proper tour in a couple of months so that will be an interesting time!! xx

Ah bless you both, its will be difficult when he is on tour but it will make you so much closer, on our 1st wedding anniversary my hubby sent me a card with this inside 'absence strengthens love, presence sharpens it' and although its sloppy it does sum up being in a relationship in the forces, i am a bit of a veteran so any questions, i am here hun.

Anyways, food wise today i have been v v good cos strangely i have not been hugely hungry, i think its because over the last few days i have limited my crabs due to being on red and not getting the dreaded carb craving any more.... so far i have had

breakfast: 2 ww bread, salad cream and tomato (HEXB)
Lunch: Salmon, Salad with homemade dressing (Oil in dressing as HEX B)
Dinner: Chicken and Peas
Snacks: SKimmed milk ....and something else later on not sure yet whatever is i the cupboard! :)

I am going to have to do a green day tomorrow as i am down to cupboard stocks and need to go shopping, going to try and avoid the baked beans though as i tend to OD on them when i am following SW! :-/
Hope everyones having a good day xxx

Ah bless you both, its will be difficult when he is on tour but it will make you so much closer, on our 1st wedding anniversary my hubby sent me a card with this inside 'absence strengthens love, presence sharpens it' and although its sloppy it does sum up being in a relationship in the forces, i am a bit of a veteran so any questions, i am here hun.

Anyways, food wise today i have been v v good cos strangely i have not been hugely hungry, i think its because over the last few days i have limited my crabs due to being on red and not getting the dreaded carb craving any more.... so far i have had

breakfast: 2 ww bread, salad cream and tomato (HEXB)
Lunch: Salmon, Salad with homemade dressing (Oil in dressing as HEX B)
Dinner: Chicken and Peas
Snacks: SKimmed milk ....and something else later on not sure yet whatever is i the cupboard! :)

I am going to have to do a green day tomorrow as i am down to cupboard stocks and need to go shopping, going to try and avoid the baked beans though as i tend to OD on them when i am following SW! :-/
Hope everyones having a good day xxx

Thanks for that, due to my location, there are a lot of RAF wags around, so I know I am fairly lucky in that bf is only going away for 4 months. We both just want this year to be over so we know exactly what to expect.

Oh, and I had to highlight the second but because my childish side giggled on reading!!! xx

hiya, wishing you lots of luck on your journey, am a fellow forces wifey and my hubbys going away soon so my will power is about to be tested whilst hes gone.
anyhoo i hope you are getting on well :)

Just a small wondering... What percentage of the nation's obesity is due to the armed forces??!! A lot methinks!!! xx

Back