Starting again for the last time! It's going to be a long journey!

Gave in to temptation last night, and had some cheesecake, and lo and behold I'm suffering for it now! Guess it kind of reminded me why I was trying the detox, and now I'm fairly certain I've developed an intolerance of either wheat or dairy. :( Trying to get back on the wagon, and still hoping for a good loss tomorrow :) I have the educational psychologist over this morning, so better get on with tidying up. Maybe yesterday wasn't the best day to start sorting boxes of odds and ends... :sigh:

First WI since re-restarting :) and I have lost 15lbs! :D:D:D so pleased with that, especially as I was only aiming for 7lbs a month :D
I am going back to calorie counting now, but going to be eating wheat-free, especially after having couscous last night with my dinner, and suffering through the night for it. Feeling better now though. Need to think about my food for today. I am staying at in-laws for the weekend, and everyone is having takeaway. Might take my own food to reheat for tonight instead :)

well done thats a fab loss and you got out of it an intolerance so you know wjat to avoid.

sarah xx

Definately doable! guess its a good thing i like ryvitas, rice cakes and oatcakes :) been an up and down day with kids today. school bus didn't come this morning cos it broke down! but got them into school 45 mins late. unfortunately called in for afternoon cos things were not good, but all calm now :)

Food for today:
breakfast: apple (50), nectarine (50), grapes (80), apple juice (100)
lunch: 3 rice cakes (90), chilli cheese :D (120), yoghurt (100), large bag salt & pepper crisps (260)
dinner: rice (250), bean & veg curry (300)

Total:

Been another busy weekend. Had no proper meals, just snacks, with loads of fruit & veg. Discovered wheat free bread (Yum! but expensive!), so had my first sandwich in ages last night :D Off to hospital later for another appointment for my son. Food for today:

b/fast: 2 slices wheat free toast (136), margarine (40), apple (50), nectarine (50), 4 dried apricots (80)
lunch: spicy parsnip & apple soup (196), 2 slices wheat free bread (136), crisps (130)
dinner: vegetable curry (250) and brown rice (250)
treat: low calorie hot chocolate (40) with low fat cream (50)

Total: 1408

Hospital visit went fine. Son being referred for EEG, so now playing the waiting game for the next appointment. Got occupational therapy today for him, so it's still a bit all go at the moment!

Wowee, congrats on the loss - that is fab!!
xx

Feeling tired today. Been awake since 5am with toothache! :( Finally have taken some painkillers, so hope they start to work soon. Needless to say food is the last thing on my mind right now!

I'm doing ok. Toothache is still there, but now is more of a dull constant pain than agonizing intense pain :) Had a trip to south yorkshire at the weekend to collect some signal levers (hubby is a rail enthusiast :rolleyes: ) and got stung by either a wasp or a hornet (not sure which, but it had a pointy tail!) and seem to have reacted quite badly to that, but otherwise I'm doing fine :)

Having a hurrendous time at the mo. been awful with my son all week so far. needing hugs :( assessment results came back with possible underlying ADHD, so as that's not conclusive I can't get him medicated to calm him down. Also, I disagree with the diagnosis as I've never known an ADHD kid to be so bl**dy smart (and not always in a good way)! Feeling drained and very emotional. As for food - well I've not counted calories this week, but I know I've not been eating much. Feeling too low to do more than pick at meals :( Sorry for the down mood, but needed to get that off my chest.

ah sending hugs your way. i cant imagine going through it with the kids feeling helpless and not knowing where to turn. i find it hard with the terrible 2so your doing a fab job dont worry.

just take one day at a time on eating front until yoyr heads back in it to plan.

sarah xx

Thanks hun. Hopefully this next week will be better :) I have my OU course books arrived, so I have plenty to do to distract me. But I can see this is going to be a hard task! Kids stayed at in-laws for the weekend, so me and OH have been able to have a break from them. :D

i wish i could say things were better, but unfortunately not. my and my hubby went out on tues night socially for the first time ever without kids (we've been together for over 12 years, so it's about time!!), and his mum babysat for us. The kids had been put to bed about 45 minutes before we went out, and we didn't tell them we were going. When we returned home just after 9.30pm, our son was out of bed, loopy and being awkward and defient, and refusing to go to bed. We managed to settle him quickly once we were back, but the knock on effect of lost sleep for him gave us a hurrendous day yesterday. I couldn't even get him to school yesterday - he would not stay seated on the bus, so had to be kicked off, and I was left with no other way to get him there. I told the school the situation, and they were supposed to get back to me, either with help to get him in, or to give some work for him to do, but I never heard anything. Thankfully he is back today, and :fingerscrossed: there won't be any more issues! So sick and tired of everything now. :(

I did, however, manage to get through 1 and a half OU textbooks since last Friday, although I'm a bit at a loss of quite how I've managed that with everything else going on!

Back