Starting again for the last time! It's going to be a long journey!

me too. seems ok enough for me to study and do housework, just painful when I eat! I had homemade museli for breakfast in the end with milk (400 cals), and think the dried banana I put in it was a bad idea! Ouch! I'm going to have savoury rice (450 cals) for my lunch, and then make up gluten free macaroni cheese (450 cals) for tea, so everythings nice and soft. As I actually didn't drink my cider last night, I might have that tonight too (300 cals) :D then it's all gone, and I think I need to cut it out again!

Todays calories: 1600

Things are finally looking a bit more positive! I got a phone call on Friday with the results of my son's EEG scan, and he definately has epilepsy, so we are off to see the paediatrician to get him put on some medication tomorrow. :fingerscrossed: it has a side effect of calming him down so he will stay in school! Then we got good news through from our bank...we put in a PPI claim direct to our bank 2 months ago, and they've come back and said yes we should get a full refund. I had thought at best Β£3000, but thought that was unlikely. Instead they've said we're owed just shy of Β£6000! Hello new laptop that actually works next month when the money's there, and we can clear over half our loan for the car we needed too. :D Just need this run of good luck to keep going now :)

A better day today too, at least so far. My boy now has epilepsy medicince, and lo and behold one of the side-effects is making him less rowdy! Just need it to work now :) He's finally back to school again, which will hopefully go fine as he has finally had a revelation that actually school is probable more fun than being stuck at home grounded! As for me, well I had a filling on one of my wisdom teeth on Monday, and that was so not fun! The injection may well have numbed my mouth, but I could still feel the drill (which was drilled right down to the nerve!), but I survived. I was told the anaestesic would wear off in 2-3 hours, but actually it took 4, and when it had worn off I was in agony where the filling was. Thankfully painkillers eased that and I've had no further problems there since. Now seriously dreading the tooth extraction I'm getting in a fortnight, especially as that's supposed to be under local as well! My bet is they won't get it!

I was catching up on your diary chronologically and thinking 'oh no, she needs a break!' and then I got to the stuff about your PPI/son's results and was so relieved and happy for you!
I hope your son has settled well on his meds and that your tooth extraction goes well when the time comes!x

Hi :) Just ready your whole diary and you are doing brilliantly! Good news about your sons diagnosis. Hope your mouth stops giving you so much grief!

me too! feeling not too bad today. Half term tomorrow, so no more having to be up and dressed early for a week! And since my OH is away from tomorrow as well (sadly leaving me the kids!) I'm going to crack on with sorting out the clutter in our bedroom. Honestly, it looks more like a storage room than a bedroom! Also, I'm going to get some bulk cooking done over the weekend, and try really hard to get back on this diet wagon! I'm not going anywhere, so no temptations will be able to get in the way! and I've got loads of studying to catch up with (although according to the OU schedule I'm actually ahead!) so a busy 10 days ahead! :D

so day 1 back on track. Food looks something like this:

Breakfast: activia yoghurt (77), probiotic drink (75)
snack: banana (70)
lunch: chicken soup (168), 2 slices gluten free bread (140), 2 satsumas (60)
dinner: small turkey steak (150), boiled potatoes (120), peas (80), sweetcorn (80)
snack: 4 rice cakes (132), cheese (120)

Total: 1272

All your food sounds yum! Glad you had a great day :D

That was a day and a half! lots of errands to run earlier, and also had a planned power cut (that I forgot about!) from 10am this morning. I don't know when it ended, but all power was still off when I left just after 1pm. Felt like such a numpty (for want of a better word) for being half way through a load of laundry and forgetting about the power! Kids been running wild today, and were up FAR too early this morning (before 6am), so needless to say I'm glad they're in bed now! OH has left and still travelling, so finally I can chill/relax (or get on with chores shortly when I realise chilling/relaxing is boring on my own!) Hopefully tomorrow will be a good day :D

Yes things are going well here. my kids seem to have made friends with the little girl next door, and are constantly playing out. they've even been invited for a sleepover at the end of the week! I've been keeping pretty on track with my diet too, and caught up on all my ironing and washing up, got tons of studying done and even cleared out 4 big plastic boxes of junk from my room, and can now have free access to my wardrobe again :D Meanwile, my OH is at my mum's delivering the christmas pressies and having days out on railways. So all in all, good days so far :)

only cos it's the only chance to deliver them in person! and i didn't like the extortionate cost of postage i endured last year! still need to get my kids stuff yet :D been continuing sorting my room today - it's starting to look like a bedroom again! :D I cannot believe just how much rubbish there was in here, and the mystery of most of the missing socks has been solved :D Now trying to sort my cross stitch stuff (too many half finished projects!) seems to be a job and a half!

at the moment I'm working on 2 cross stitch picture frames on plastic 'fabric', one with a cat and one with a dog. then i might start to work my way through my own designs, and my other kits. I did manage to find several finished cross stitches - proof I can see a project through to completion - but now I need several picture frames, and wall space! :)

Back