Starting again...need to do it this time

lotty28

Silver Member
Hello. I have bitten the bullet and decided to try Slimming World again. I keep chopping and changing between SW and WW, I do it for a few weeks and then stop. I do think SW is for me as I am hungry on WW. I just need motivation now to do it. I know I can do it. I have decided to do it this time from home, I just don't like groups and find them very happy clappy, the ones near me I think I have tried them all and don't like them!! Any tips for doing it alone? Well I know I am not alone as this forum is brilliant!

Well thats me anyway, I am determined now I need to and have to do it! I want to lose weight!

Hey, I could have written your post myself, I am EXACTLY the same, I have been swapping from one to the other for soooo long now, I will be staring SW from Wednesday (have a meal out tomorrow, somewhere where there aren't many low syn choices)
I am planning to do without meetings at least at first, but I think I'll go next week just to join to get the newest books so I know I'm doing it right.
I really need to do this now, all the time I'm swapping I have weeks in between where I'm just piling it on, I'm now my heaviest ever by far and I just can't carry on like this.
I will be on here for recipie ideas and things, so I'll keep a look out to see how you are doing.
We can do it, good luck! x

Hi Lotty :)

I recently fell off plan a bit with SW but 2 weeks ago, I started on plan again and the advice I'm trying to follow myself is to be a lot more patient with my weight loss as in the past, not losing weight as fast as I wanted to caused me to come off plan and it didn't get me anywhere. Instead of gradually losing weight, I quit and lost no weight.

Good luck :)

thanks guys. i have made my lunch for tomorrow got pasta bolognaise although slightly worried have made too much!! i think will start a food diary too. i was contemplating sw online but too much money. i too am heaviest ever :-( we can do it!!

Good luck, you can do it!!

I started last month so quite new to SW but with this forum I have really enjoyed it and found lots of ideas and support.

Hope it works for you xx

hey leah. not been on here for a while. i am still on sw went to group lost 9lbs now. am thinking of going solo now and saving the money and using these boards. anyone else gone alone? how are you? going to come back on here more now x

Back