• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Starting again - trying to be upbeat

S: 17st3lb C: 11st1lb G: 9st6lb BMI: 29.3 Loss: 6st2lb(35.68%)
Okay, so I apologise for my rant on Monday (http://www.minimins.com/weight-watchers/57812-but-its-all-so-unappetising.html)

Yes, I am struggling with the head/heart stuff and I know (like a lot of other people here) what I need to do, but doing it is another matter.

Well, last night I rejoined WW. For those that don't know I have been helping (weighing) at a daytime meeting since Jan. I have fallen under 'the helpers curse' in that because I wasn't not actually paying for the meetings I wasn't focused and really doing the diet. I start back at full time uni next week so a daytime meeting is out for me. So l am making a clean break and starting again. I got my monthly pass and re-registered last night at an evening meeting.

I desperately want this to work. I want to live to see my children grow up (my oldest started school on Tuesday, and my youngest took her first steps on her own yesterday) and I want to be able to run around and play with them. I had gestational diabetes in my last pregnancy and had to do insulin injections twice a day with blood prick tests 4 times a day. I don't have it now, and there is NO WAY I want to develop full-blown diabetes and be doing that for the rest of my life.

And on a purely superficial level, I don't want to be 'the fat teacher' (doing a teacher training course).

So, here I am, aiming to be more upbeat. But feel free to give me a kick if I'm not!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Last edited:
Thanks Annie. I've found the crisps really tempting today and did have a packet that I hadn't planned to. But still within my points!

Yes, I use e-source.

I'm not taking it one day at a time, I'm taking it one MEAL at a time!

Might have to change that to 1 hour at a time if the food craving thing doesn't improve though :(

Oh yes, I know I'm allowed them (one reason for not doing core). It's just the temptation!

First WI last night and I lost 2lbs!!!! Don't know how as I didn't stick to points (bad me) and ate out on Sunday!

Thanks Starlight. Things should be easier now as I've started my PGCE course (just finished my 4th day of observation in school) and so I can't nibble all day: partly because I'm in classes and partly because there is no where in the school to buy bad things!

I know exactly what you mean!