Starting again

Sapphire

Hi everyone, i've done slimming world a couple of times before over the last 8 years, always with success, but as usual once you stop paying attention to what you eat, the weight goes back on!

It's always been my favourite way of eating and so simple, so from tomorrow i'm going back on plan. I stay in hotels a lot for my work (though that will stop in about a month's time) so I think red days will be easiest for now. Buffet breakfasts, 3 course dinners, a slimmer's nightmare! But it can be done...

I've got a duke of edinburgh gold award expedition in 2 weeks though (our last one was cancelled on day 3 due to torrential rain making conditions dangerous). That will definately be green every day, it's about 8 hours of walking a day but the food they give you is ridiculously high fat/high cal, and tastes disgusting! We've got to pack light and easy to cook food so i'm thinking oatso simple for brekkie (made with water and sweeteners), packet cous cous for lunch, and free pasta and sauce for dinner. For snacks and treats (you really need them when you get back from a day's walking all wet and cold!) - alpen light bars (hexb), babybels (hexa), options hot choc, and snack size choccie/jaffa cakes. And of course copious amounts of tea with sweeteners and dried skimmed milk!

So here's to staying on track and reaching goal for the first time ever! I love this forum for all the tips and support :)

Sounds as though you've got yourself very well organised for your expedition which I think is the key to success. Good luck - you've done it before, you can do it again!

Good luck on your travels,
sound like you know what you doing!

Thanks everyone! I do feel like I know the plan really well but as i'm doing it on my own at home I need to keep updated on changes that happen with syns etc. I used to go to classes with my mum and i've still got my slimmer of the week sticker on my book :D

I've got nothing nice to wear anymore and a wardrobe full of lovely clothes that are too tight, so that should be good motivation, plus i'm planning on going on holiday with my boyfriend and another couple, and she's tiny, even more motivation hehe!

Back