Starting again!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ElectraBlue, 19 March 2011 Social URL.

1. ElectraBlue

ElectraBlue Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(15.03%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi all,

Joining up again! Can't find/remember my previous username so fresh slate with this one...

On Slimming World and loving it! :winner:

Did Cambridge Diet before - was good but found it incredibly hard to stick to... started, re-started WW countless times, never got past the first month - all the counting did my head in, and I fell off the wagon too easily... :eek: Loved Atkins but again missed my fruit/vegetables, and found it hard to maintain.

For years I was at 9.5 stone and never appreciated it(!) :sigh: Then after my son was born 13 years ago my weight just shot up... and I've been battling it ever since.

My best weight loss record ever was 2 stone... one I'm about to surpass with SW, I'm 2.5lb away from this and hoping to lose more!

Wish me luck!
    :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Who needs cake anyway....

Who needs cake anyway.... New Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4.5lb(7.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good luck.... you're clearly doing amazingly well already:D

I started on SW 8 weeks ago and have to say I think it's a great plan.....as have fallen off the wagon long before this on any other diet I've tried...

4. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Good luck with SW

Irene xx

5. ElectraBlue

ElectraBlue Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(15.03%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks girls... now to bump up my post count and gets cracking! WI tomorrow its been a very slow month for me hoping for a boost! :)

6. dryads

dryads Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(11.16%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Good Luck hun you are doing so well

Nats xxx

7. valerie11

valerie11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.72%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi hun welcome to minimins good luck losing the rest of ur lbs :)

8. bouncybikergirl

bouncybikergirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(11.48%)
    Diet:
    slimming world extra easy
    well done so far - im starting again, one wk in nearly done every diet before lost it then regained - it seams such a struggle. Plus I dont know anyone at slimming world meeting. Im the only one on my own everyone else is all chummy lol
    What plan are u doing in sw - im doing the extra easy but dont feel any thinner and scales havent budged except for half a lb in 4days and exercising like a mare.

9. ElectraBlue

ElectraBlue Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(15.03%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi BouncyBikerGirl/BBG :)

I am still reading the site - loads good advice in the Slimming World section! I think the chumminess comes from regular posting so lets preserve! ;-D

I lost a total of 4.5lb in my first month on SW as I struggled to get my head around it and it took me weeks to cop on to it... then lost an amazing 11lb in my 2nd month... (cos I was doing it properly!) so give yourself time.

Important advice I got (and didn't heed at first) was not to starve myself - if I'm hungry eat... eat as much free foods as I like and make sure to have 1/3 superfree/speed options on my plate at every meal.

I'd go easy on exercise til you get hang of diet - you may give up too easily if you are struggling with both. Just MHO really... I'm doing very little exercise but have to start doing more as now I've almost 2 stone gone - the weightloss is slowing down dramatically...

And stay off the scales... just focus on enjoying your new food choices - getting weighed once a week is enough as you'd be despondent if those scales aren't moving fast enough and end up giving up... (I know I have!)

Good luck

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.