• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Starting again!

Hi all,

Joining up again! Can't find/remember my previous username so fresh slate with this one...

On Slimming World and loving it! :winner:

Did Cambridge Diet before - was good but found it incredibly hard to stick to... started, re-started WW countless times, never got past the first month - all the counting did my head in, and I fell off the wagon too easily... :eek: Loved Atkins but again missed my fruit/vegetables, and found it hard to maintain.

For years I was at 9.5 stone and never appreciated it(!) :sigh: Then after my son was born 13 years ago my weight just shot up... and I've been battling it ever since.

My best weight loss record ever was 2 stone... one I'm about to surpass with SW, I'm 2.5lb away from this and hoping to lose more!

Wish me luck!
:)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Thanks girls... now to bump up my post count and gets cracking! WI tomorrow its been a very slow month for me hoping for a boost! :)

hi hun welcome to minimins good luck losing the rest of ur lbs :)

well done so far - im starting again, one wk in nearly done every diet before lost it then regained - it seams such a struggle. Plus I dont know anyone at slimming world meeting. Im the only one on my own everyone else is all chummy lol
What plan are u doing in sw - im doing the extra easy but dont feel any thinner and scales havent budged except for half a lb in 4days and exercising like a mare.

Hi BouncyBikerGirl/BBG :)

I am still reading the site - loads good advice in the Slimming World section! I think the chumminess comes from regular posting so lets preserve! ;-D

I lost a total of 4.5lb in my first month on SW as I struggled to get my head around it and it took me weeks to cop on to it... then lost an amazing 11lb in my 2nd month... (cos I was doing it properly!) so give yourself time.

Important advice I got (and didn't heed at first) was not to starve myself - if I'm hungry eat... eat as much free foods as I like and make sure to have 1/3 superfree/speed options on my plate at every meal.

I'd go easy on exercise til you get hang of diet - you may give up too easily if you are struggling with both. Just MHO really... I'm doing very little exercise but have to start doing more as now I've almost 2 stone gone - the weightloss is slowing down dramatically...

And stay off the scales... just focus on enjoying your new food choices - getting weighed once a week is enough as you'd be despondent if those scales aren't moving fast enough and end up giving up... (I know I have!)

Good luck