Starting again!

Jakeup

Hello everyone!

I've posted an introduction thread already, but I'm going to include another in my diary so that you are all up to speed! My name is Jake and I am a 21 year old male from the North East of England.

I've been a member of Weight Watchers and Slimming World in the past but I find that SW is the right 'lifestyle' for me.

Since I'm expecting no one here will be judging me too harshly I might as well be honest: when I first started to diet I was closer to a whipping 24 stone. I'd consider this my lowest point in terms of my willpower, self confidence and self control.
I'm glad to say that since then, by attending SW I managed to lower my weight to 20st 2lbs. That's pretty good, right?
Except for some reason, like a lot of us I'm sure, I stopped going to classes.
Last night I returned to my old class and I couldn't have had a warmer welcome - friends that I made previously were glad to see me, as was the consultant. When I got on the scales, having not been since before this year, I realised I'd only gained 10lbs which - in reality - wasn't too bad for me. It was certainly better than I expected.

So, at 20st 12lbs I'm starting again and planning on sticking to the diet closer than ever. I've been recording my food, I've registered on the SW website and I've made a start towards my Bronze award!

This entry was much longer than I expected - my fingers kind of got carried away - but I hope it gives you an insight into myself, and I hope you keep checking back to share my weight loss journey. I'll probably post in here a couple of times a week - most likely rants or complaints - but I will make sure to update following each weigh in.

Thanks for reading (if you're still awake!) and I hope to get to chat to you all,
Jake.

hey jake welcome and gud luck im sure this time you will shift the rest of the unwanted weight :) xx

Hi Jake,
Lovely to 'meet' you, and look forward to following you on your journey ;)

03/08/11

First of all hiya Lynne and Clair, it's nice to talk to you and thank you for your encouraging words!

So, today I'm still trying to get my head around this extra easy plan! Call me old fashioned but I've got my head stuck on Red/Green days but everyone seems to love this extra easy!
Yesterday I had a full breakfast with bacon, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes and eggs (the mushrooms, tomatoes and eggs being my super frees) and then a jacket potato with home made coleslaw.

Today, for breakfast, I had two pieces of wholemeal toast with tomatoes on top.
I'm planning on trying to make a mushy pea curry but I'm a bit dubious as to whether or not it will taste very nice!

Some ladies at the class mentioned it was lovely, and they made it all the time and found it helped them with their weight loss (I don't think I need to explain how!).

So, I'm off to do it and I'll post again to let you know how it went.
If you have a minute though look through what I ate yesterday/this morning and lemme know if I've got the hang of extra easy?
I'd really appreciate it!

Cheers, Jake.

Just tried making a mushy pea curry...I have to admit it's not looking too bad!

I'm going to leave it overnight to sort itself out - while I work up the courage to try it properly!

Back