Step 1 Sole Source Starting again...

Starlit_Cazza

Restart 3/9/2013
Well it's been a while...

I originally did Cambridge in 2008 and lost 5stone in 3 months. I then entered a very turbulent time of my life which lasted about 3 1/2 years! In that time I tried and failed to do the diet successfully, my last attempt being about 18 months ago (I think).

Anyway, I have decided it is time to give it a damn good go again. I hope to lose 10 stone, but right now anything would be good!!! Just emailed a couple of Consultants local to me and hoping to get started ASAP

Well it's been a while...

I originally did Cambridge in 2008 and lost 5stone in 3 months. I then entered a very turbulent time of my life which lasted about 3 1/2 years! In that time I tried and failed to do the diet successfully, my last attempt being about 18 months ago (I think).

Anyway, I have decided it is time to give it a damn good go again. I hope to lose 10 stone, but right now anything would be good!!! Just emailed a couple of Consultants local to me and hoping to get started ASAP

Hi Starlit

I've just re-started the Cambridge diet yesterday ( I know Boxing Day - was I mad!!) day 1 went fine and I'm now on day 2. Like you I've one it before and lost 4 stone then some went on and I dabbled trying to get it back off. Then I had the worst year of my life and I'm now trying to get sorted. I have 7 stone to lose - ideally by June - possible? I know the first week is the worst so while I'm off work over Christmas, I thought this would be the ideal opportunity to give it a good blast.

How about we help each other along - we can do this! Race you to a pair of skinny jeans?

Hi Vicky - I was, I lived in Hucknall for a couple of years and worked in Rainworth. However have since relocated and am back on the South coast where I belong :)

I have been doing some reading and have decided that CD is not in fact for me. Since I last did it I can see that you are not allowed to SS with a BMI over 40. Well my BMI is 53, which seems to mean I would need to start on 1000cal plan. I know that isn't going to work for me, tried starting on that one before and it was a disaster! So I have looked around and have ordered a starter kit from Slim and Save. Will give that a go, but have only read good things so far! So I will be over there instead :)

Starlit_Cazza said:
Hi Vicky - I was, I lived in Hucknall for a couple of years and worked in Rainworth. However have since relocated and am back on the South coast where I belong :)

I have been doing some reading and have decided that CD is not in fact for me. Since I last did it I can see that you are not allowed to SS with a BMI over 40. Well my BMI is 53, which seems to mean I would need to start on 1000cal plan. I know that isn't going to work for me, tried starting on that one before and it was a disaster! So I have looked around and have ordered a starter kit from Slim and Save. Will give that a go, but have only read good things so far! So I will be over there instead :)

Yes, sadly they changed the rules a while back. Having said that, you can do a liquid version of 1000 calories - I think it works out at 4 shakes a day plus a pint of milk. So if you find you don't get on with SnS, there's still an option for you.

Here's to 2013 being our first slimmer year of many! :)

Yes, sadly they changed the rules a while back. Having said that, you can do a liquid version of 1000 calories - I think it works out at 4 shakes a day plus a pint of milk. So if you find you don't get on with SnS, there's still an option for you.

Here's to 2013 being our first slimmer year of many! :)
So basically Cambridge found another way of getting more money out of fat people? Cracking.

Having just spent an hour of my life reading the NICE guidelines, I would be interested to know how exactly they are complying with them...am I missing something? Time to drop an email to Cambridge I think!

Also discovered that surgery is the recommended first line intervention for people with a BMI over 50... off to have a chat with my GP I think!

Not if it is on the NHS, no.

It was the thought of getting to the place where surgery was the only thing that would work that got me on to Cambridge in the first place. :)

I'd always been so anti VLCDs up until that point - but then I did some more reading around and discovered that having a gastric band/stomach stapling might result in me having to have a liquid diet permanently. At that point, it became a no-brainer to have a bash at Cambridge. If I could get that to work, I wouldn't need to face a life where I could only ever eat tiny portions and/or liquidise everything I put into my gob. And sure enough, it worked brilliantly. It turned out to be the easiest diet I'd ever done. (But then dieting's always the easy bit. ;) Maintaining weight loss, not so easy :rolleyes:).

Here's to both of us making our VLCDs work for us this time!

It has to work this time... I can't do it again!!!

My friend had a gastric bypass nearly 3 years ago. She doesn't regret it at all, and has lost nearly half her body weight, but she has actually gained weight this year... Didn't expect that at all!!!! I just assumed once you had the surgery, that was it, the weight falls off. Apparently not

It has to work this time... I can't do it again!!!

My friend had a gastric bypass nearly 3 years ago. She doesn't regret it at all, and has lost nearly half her body weight, but she has actually gained weight this year... Didn't expect that at all!!!! I just assumed once you had the surgery, that was it, the weight falls off. Apparently not

Hey there...Just wanted to say I live in an area where Gastric Bands/bypasses are handed out like sweeties on the NHS and having seen the number of complications that can result from the surgery and also the weight gain after the first year it is defo not a route I'd take. I'd rather have a few months of hell on Cambridge than have a lifetime of it after a gastric op. Go for the vlcd you can do it :) we're all here to help.

I was offered a gastric bypass but decided I would rather endure a year of shakes then a lifetime of pureed food, vitamins and other complications.And also the weight loss on a vlcd is sometimes better than with the gastric band.

Well... I have decided that Cambridge IS the way I am going to go after all. Long story short, my sister used to be a Counsellor for Cambridge (are they still called Counsellors?) and she recommended a local Counsellor to me. Again, long story short, I had a long chat with her and now I have a plan :)

Going to see my Counsellor on Monday, and I can't wait to get started :)

Yay :)

Well... I have decided that Cambridge IS the way I am going to go after all. Long story short, my sister used to be a Counsellor for Cambridge (are they still called Counsellors?) and she recommended a local Counsellor to me. Again, long story short, I had a long chat with her and now I have a plan :)

Going to see my Counsellor on Monday, and I can't wait to get started :)

Great news!

I think officially they're :airquote: consultants now.

We have a new bar - did you know? A yogurt covered lemon bar. Quite nice, actually. And a mango shake. :)

Last edited:
Hey Starlit, I remember you from 08. I'm back too starting on New Years Day, I need to lose at least 5st (won't know exactly until the day :eek: )

I'm not really going to be on here much, I find that at the moment there's so many negative threads about people cheating etc and right now I'm too delicate for all that. But I will keep popping in to see how people are getting on.

I'm determined that this is the last time I'm doing this, and I feel like I've got that buzz back about doing the diet again. I think it's called desperation lol.

Anyway good luck with your journey, you can do it, you've proved it before! I can't wait to start seeing the weight drop off again.

Back