Starting Again.......

Mrs Mc

Hi Everyone,

I just thought I would say Hi!!

I have been to slimming world before a few times but ready to start again.

Just wanting a bit of advice for those who currently do slimming world? Is a class the best place to go?

I do have a local class but I havent been to a class alone before (normally been with a friend/relative).

I am hoping to start on Wednesday - trying not to eat too much before then though lol.

Thanks a million :)

Hi and welcome! :)

I must say I find class amazing. It really helps and it's really inspirational seeing people in person that have lost the weight you're trying to lose. It's also great for exchanging recipes and all! :)

Thanks so much. I was thinking about going to class but keeping miniminns to help with inline support too :)

I suppose I am just a bit nervous about going in on my own for my first class!!

Once I do it I know it will be worth it long term.

Thanks again :)

Good luck. I think everyone is a little nervous at their first class, but once you settle in I'm sure you'll do great :)

Good luck. I think everyone is a little nervous at their first class, but once you settle in I'm sure you'll do great :)

Yeah, I was really scared but I met a girl who started the week before me and because she didn't know anyone either we sat together the next few weeks. She wasn't there last week but another woman chatted away to me. It seemed quite scary at first but everyone is there for the same reason so they tend to be nice! I'm sure you'll be fine. I couldn't do without the shame of getting weighed every week, and I figure if I'm paying the money I might as well stay to group. I bought a 12 week countdown, so the price is slightly reduced for that time. I wanted to see what it was all about and thought the 6 week countdown might not be long enough. I shouldn't have worried though, I was hooked within a few days. Best of luck!

Oh and I forgot to say definitely keep coming on here, the support you get from this place is immense! Everyone is full of great recipe ideas and brilliant advice.

Thanks ladies, very much appreciated.

I suppose I forget that everyone has been in my shoes and that we are all working towards the same thing.

Looking forward to Wednesday now. Hoping I don't get too much of a shock when I step in the scales!!

I will certainly continue to come on here, seems really friendly :)

I was scared too when I joined now but honestly there is nothing to be scared about. Everyone is so friendly and chats to each other. best of luck for Wednesday & if you have any questions just ask there is always someone on minimins who will help :)

Yes I think you are right that class is the best way to go, and for me it's good to have a bit of motivation knowing someone else can see my weight lol.

I hope it's not too much of a shock either! I have been good for a few weeks so hope I have lost a little bit since last time!! :)

Back