Starting again

Razorbill

Hi all I'm based in central Scotland and have struggled with weigh loss for pretty much my entire adult life. At the moment I have a good motivator in that I'm getting married next summer. I'm lucky in that my partner loves me unconditionally but is also more than willing to be supportive so I feel that this is a big plus.

I have huge problems with binging on unhealthy foods and think this will be a really difficult habit to give up. My partner has recently started on a low-carb diet but this would be difficult for me as I'm trying my best to stay on a vegetarian diet. I also have a problem with my jaw (TMJD) so need to limit myself to soft food that doesn't require much crunching or chewing sometimes. Unfortunately I have found that the drugs I've been placed on for this condition have had some side effects which have made it difficult to make healthy choices at times.

I'm going to start off by trying to just make healthier choices and try to avoid calorie counting which I find off-putting. I'm also going to start doing the one exercise I properly love a lot more (swimming). I have the use of a swimming pool in the mornings before work and my local council does a monthly family pass which gives unlimited access to all of the council owned pools in the district.

My scales are telling me I currently weigh 184lb and ideally would like to be somewhere around 140lb though I'm trying not to obsess over numbers.

Hi all I'm based in central Scotland and have struggled with weigh loss for pretty much my entire adult life. At the moment I have a good motivator in that I'm getting married next summer. I'm lucky in that my partner loves me unconditionally but is also more than willing to be supportive so I feel that this is a big plus.

I have huge problems with binging on unhealthy foods and think this will be a really difficult habit to give up. My partner has recently started on a low-carb diet but this would be difficult for me as I'm trying my best to stay on a vegetarian diet. I also have a problem with my jaw (TMJD) so need to limit myself to soft food that doesn't require much crunching or chewing sometimes. Unfortunately I have found that the drugs I've been placed on for this condition have had some side effects which have made it difficult to make healthy choices at times.

I'm going to start off by trying to just make healthier choices and try to avoid calorie counting which I find off-putting. I'm also going to start doing the one exercise I properly love a lot more (swimming). I have the use of a swimming pool in the mornings before work and my local council does a monthly family pass which gives unlimited access to all of the council owned pools in the district.

My scales are telling me I currently weigh 184lb and ideally would like to be somewhere around 140lb though I'm trying not to obsess over numbers.

I know how you feel ,I was a target member at slimming work beginning of the year ,I have gained 3 stone since so not happy .I'm really struggling but I feel so fat and horrible now so today I'm starting again.good luck with your weight loss to ,Sam.

Back