Starting Cambridge Today

Stick with it Maddy, the first 3 days are the worst, get over that hump then start looking for a new swimsuit.

Congratulations Dragondrop, fantastic effort. It sort of makes up for the sacrifices that we are making.

How are you going Yvonne? When is your weigh in ?

my 1st official weigh in was today. I've lost 7.2 pounds in the last week!!! Yea! I haven't really hit a rough patch that has made it difficult to stay on track (thanks to God) until today. I had meetings all day at work and it made it nearly impossible to get my noon shake in. But, I'm determined to make this work. I feel like I'm off to a great start. How's everyone today?

:553:

Congratulations on your loss, that's a good start to your journey. If we keep taking small steps, we will travel a long way.

Hi Maggie, Dragondrop and Mick! So glad that everyone is having such tremendous loses! I'm quite motivated to stay strong and keep my eye on the prize. It's fantastic to hear that so many people have devoted themselves to changing their lives.

Are y'all finding the same opposition from friends and coworkers as I am? They like to preach about how "unhealthy" it is to not eat. And it couldn't be possible to get all the nutrition needed for a body in a powdered drink. People are so very negative! First they tell you how unhealthy it is to be overweight, then in the next breath, they're telling you not to do the diet cuz it's "unhealthy". What the he** do you want, then?

I've realized that people like that just like to make you feel down about yourself. Finding fault in others makes them feel better about themself somehow.

Any thoughts?

Congratulations on your loss, that's a good start to your journey. If we keep taking small steps, we will travel a long way.
CONGRATS!!! I had to convert kg to lbs. but wow! That's almost 17 lbs! fantastic!!!

Hi Maggie, Dragondrop and Mick! So glad that everyone is having such tremendous loses! I'm quite motivated to stay strong and keep my eye on the prize. It's fantastic to hear that so many people have devoted themselves to changing their lives.

Are y'all finding the same opposition from friends and coworkers as I am? They like to preach about how "unhealthy" it is to not eat. And it couldn't be possible to get all the nutrition needed for a body in a powdered drink. People are so very negative! First they tell you how unhealthy it is to be overweight, then in the next breath, they're telling you not to do the diet cuz it's "unhealthy". What the he** do you want, then?

I've realized that people like that just like to make you feel down about yourself. Finding fault in others makes them feel better about themself somehow.

Any thoughts?

I find that, so I say s*d them. Your too fat, too skinny, wrong diet, it'll be I bet she's got so much loose skin when we are skinny so let them think what they like in their un eventful lives because they obviously think that ours is worth talking about haha.
We are doing this for us not them so they can think what they like, you are doing fab xxxxx

starting weight 16st 5.5lb. week 1 -12.5lb

I've had LOADS of negativity about doing this diet also. Yet I feel healthier than I've felt it years, I can put pound to penny we are giving ourselves more nutrition than these people stuffing their faces with fatty stodgy meals. People think they turn into nutritionists talking to us about this but they are not(most of the time haha).
Don't listen, only you know how you feel, and if you feel fine then you most likely are. Your body would tell you if it couldn't cope.

Don't lose faith. Goodluck xx

Bugger them Yvonne, don't let them tell you what to do. I am lucky I told everybody at work that I would lose 62 lbs by the end of June, they all said no way, so I told them to put their money where their mouth is, so needless to say if I lose the weight and stay there by the end of June, I win $600 woo hoo. Surprisingly everybody is being supportive.

Yup, I am having this battle almost daily at the moment, one day I made the error of mentioning I need to loose 5st, they literally went on a rampage on me - oh there'll be nothing left of you they all went mad - I ended up having to reveal my weight to over 10 of my colleagues (most of which I don't know that we'll) on the dinner table to shut them up, telling them that 9.5 stone is slap bang in the middle of a normal bmi for me, obviously they did the maths, only to tell me that I don't weigh that much (oh seriously!?) to which I reply that mine, the docs and my cwpcs scales can't all be lying! They'll be the ones complementing me on how healthy I look when I reach 9.5 stone lol no doubt!

I agree. They will be the one's in awe when I get to my goal weight.
I honestly think that it scares them a bit. They've gotten so used to criticizing me and they won't have that option for them anymore. At least, not with me. I'm done with all the negativity. Negative thoughts and bad habits is what got me here. I say no more! For the 1st time in years, I feel good about myself. I forgot how wonderful that was! I'll just keep plugging away and it'll all pay off in the end.

We're all going to do this! Right?

Yes we are all going to do it

Just back from second weigh in and I lost 2.5kg or 5.5lbs. I thought, that it would be a little more than that, so I am a little bit dissapointed. Ah well.

Last edited:
Just back from second weigh in and I lost 2.5kg or 5.5lbs. I thought, that it would be a little more than that, so I am a little bit dissapointed. Ah well.
Don't be disappointed, Mick. A loss is a loss! Take it with a smile! Your body will catch up to all your efforts. Just wait and see.

Hey mick don't be disheartened. Week 2 is always a bit funny. I got weighed yesterday and only lost 3lb but on to week 3 and hopefully a bigger loss xx

starting weight 16st 5.5lb. week 1 -12.5lb

You should be so proud ! You are on your way to a 2stone loss, that's pretty amazing :)
Keep the faith and think how you will feel at your goal by June !

Thank you all, I know I should not be disappointed. I feel like a bit of a whinger now. Any way onward and downwards. When is your weigh in Yvonne

Had my 2nd weigh-in today. I'm proud to announce that I have lost another 5 lbs! How's everyone today?

Well done Yvonne! I'm ok, just had a choc shake - always have a moment drinking them when i think I'm having something I shouldn't lol. Might have a sneaky peak on the scales tomorrow - weigh in isn't until Tuesday but it's long enough since the last weigh in to avoid any dissapointment i think.

Back