Starting cd for first time tomorrow

Having a black coffee now hoping the rumbling stops!!! ... Black coffee is gross btw! X

I hear you there! Apparently you aren't meant to increase your caffeine intake during sole source, particularly the first couple of weeks, as it can worsen headaches & such - however screw it, if drinking that disgusting sludge gets me through the first week then so be it! :p

- Joe

Here here! Although I'm not increasing, just taking out the beautiful milk! :,(

I love skinny lattes! Definitely will miss those! I reckon I'm going to get a headache soon, can feel it coming on! X

I reckon I'm going to get a headache soon, can feel it coming on! X

Yeah I must admit I had a bit of a headache at times during day 2 and day 3 but they passed pretty quickly and I'm fine today \o/

- Joe

Last edited:
Hi tano! Looks like your first day is almost done and congrats on that. It does get better, even though I'm one of the unlucky ones who don't seem to get over the hunger even tho in ketosis. I'm on day 21 and I'm hungry all the time, especially afternoons. On the other hand, I've had no headaches. But after 3 weeks I've lost an amazing 22 lbs and that defo keeps me going. Today was hard tho, saw those golden arches peeking above the trees in the distance and I must say it was tempting:eek: But I'm in a mind set now, which is helping me conquer the hunger pangs. Hope you get the full bennies of ketosis and have no hunger! It's worth sticking with.

Hello!
I started on monday lost 1.5 pounds but then put the pound back one the next day I dont know why :s but my mother did this diet n she lost a stone in 3 weeks!! So I hope it works with me tho my metabolism has always been asleep, u will be fine I'm on my 3rd day and I don't feel tired or anything :)

Thanks borgho and cheesegirl for sharing your experiences! Well I've had a mint choc shake which was delish and managed to hold out until half 8 whoooo! The headache feeling quickly went and didnt turn into one! Thank god! I think an early night might b in order, dreading day 2, can't wait to be in ketosis! X

Glad to hear your first day went smoothly and that your headache experience also pass pretty quickly :) Good luck with tomorrow, just a couple of days til the ketosis should hit you now! ^_^

- Joe

Joe I can't see your vlogs on my iPhone for some reason! V annoying ! Anyway I had the worst nights sleep last night on day one! Anyone else have this? Does it pass? X

I get a weird restlessness and odd dreams. I think thats all the ketones floating around though, it only happens when I am in ketosis.

How's it all going appart from that?

It's going really well, I had the apple and cinnamon porridge this morning which I didn't like as much as the maple and pecan. The boyf cooked a lovely Chinese noodle dish last night which smelt amazing! Was really really jealous :(

I found it hardest between lunch and dinner yesterday so will try an have a later lunch today

Hello
I also had a restless first night it will pass, I didnt like the apple or cinnamon either the best thing are the shakes if u dilute them
To the max that is :p, good luck today xx

Thankyou! I'm mentally prepared for the next two days to be the hardest but I have visions of my holiday in august an I do not want to look like this when I go!!! I've seen a few outfits I want to buy but I'm determined to buy them in a smaller size!

Joe I can't see your vlogs on my iPhone for some reason! V annoying !

Hmm, now that's weird - I just checked out my Vlog post on my Minimins iPhone app and it just came up as a link called "YouTube Link" - I clicked that and it the opened up in my iPhones YouTube player without any issues :-/ Very odd!

With regards to the sleep thing, can't say I've been having any real issues in that department - In fact, I think I've slept better!

- Joe

I can now for some reason! Odd!!! Well day 2 and I'm very bored today and constantly thinking about my rumbly tummy! I hate lazy days where I can't eat :( that's what lazy days are all about haha. I'm dreading the boyf cooking tonight! Nearly killed me last night. Had strawberry tetra for lunch, was nice. Going to try the tomato soup later. Went shopping bit have vowed not to buy anything until I've lost a bit!

Congrats! Making it through the first day is a milestone I think, because if you can do one day you can do two, and then three.... until you're at your goal in no time. Have you found any flavours not to your liking? I thought I'd hate the choc mint and banana but they've turned out to be my 2 faves for the shakes. I simply could not do the porridges, nor the chicken soup. But everything else is doable thank goodness.
Hah!! The hairdresser today asked if I'd lost weight! Talk about motivation:D

That's fab that the hairdresser noticed! Not found any I dislike yet, although I'm not a fussy eater at all and enjoy most foods. The apple and cinnamon porridge was probably my worst meal so far! The mushroom soup was nice and have a few other flavours to try. I get bored easily so I really tried to get a mix of flavours! I'll prob have shakes for breakfast next week an soups for lunch and dinner.
X

That's exactly what I do, a shake for breakfast and soups for lunch and dinner. I wish there were more soup flavours, at least as many as there are for the shakes! It would be nice to have just a bit more variety because I too get bored with it. I do miss having my coffee w/milk and sweetener tho. Tried it black but it just didn't hit the spot like it does with the milk.
It's funny how even tho my stomach is rumbling all the time and I've learned to ignore it somehow, even enjoy it, I have not felt at all ill or weak. Guess I've got such stores of fat that it can't happen!

Hahaha that made me chuckle! Even better when we can start eating the bars, they will be delish!

Had tomato soup at about 9:30 was a pain in the arse to make haha! But.... It was nice! Tired but no headaches on day 2! Here's to the (apparently) worst day...3 x

Had tomato soup at about 9:30 was a pain in the arse to make haha! But.... It was nice! Tired but no headaches on day 2! Here's to the (apparently) worst day...3 x

I reckon Day 2 is the worst personally, let's hope you find that to be true as well, good luck with tomorrow and roll on ketosis!

- Joe

Back