Starting CD With Not Much Weight To Lose?

On the compliments front - last night I had a blinder of one - I met a friend I haven't seen for seven years (I was a size 22-24 last time she saw me) she walked straight past me at a wedding before realising who I was!!!! (I was in a size ten top and 16 bottoms :( ) te he
Definately worth the pain and denial for a bit

Keep glugging!!

Count me in please! I have about 22 lbs in total to loose and hoping to be rid of them in 6 weeks also. Officially done and dusted by Xmas!!

I'm on 790 as this was a more suitable choice for my lifestyle but thinking that from today (day3) I might try for SS or SS+ as i do want a good loss for the first week.

Brenda
X

Member List...
1. PoppyPoo
2. SiobhanVon
3. madameruthybaby
4. wannabe10
5. Greenygirl
6. Dogtanion

New members: please copy and paste the above, put your name at the end of the list and post it in reply here on this thread.

Welcome Dogtanion and well done on your losses so far. Not far to go! :)

Siobhan, the white fish won't have done any harm hun as it's low fat and high in protein. As for the batter, there's about 15g of carbs in a 4oz serving of batered fish (most the carbs coming from the batter). I don't really think one mouthful of it would have caused you any problems tbh most of the mouthful you ate was probably more fish than batter anyway right? I know some people can get knocked out of ketosis quite easily but not everyone does. Don't beat yourself up chick. Also, the guilt we feel from falling off the wagon even once is enough to make us more likely to resist in future. We've all done it. Anyway babe, pee on the stick and let us know how it goes. ;)

By the sounds of it Gem you're really gonna enjoy stepping up to SS+. I'm starting to think that whatever plan people first start on seems like torture and when they step up the plans it's such a huge treat. It makes the world of difference from SS to SS+ for people when they can finally put skimmed milk in their tea and coffee for example. Enjoy your first Quorn meal babe!

Welcome Bren, I lost 8lbs in my first week on the same plan as you. I don't believe the bit of protein, veg and milk you're allowed drastically slows down your loss. I was in ketosis within about 3 days on the plan so the things I was allowed to consume were not stopping my body burn fat but were feeding the functions of other parts of my body. Hope that helps hun, although if you're the right BMI to start SS and your CDC seems happy with that go for it. Try stepping down gradually though (SS+ first).

xxx

Last edited:
Haha! Gem! You sound like Homer Simpson! 'Chooooooocolate! Mmmmmmmm!' :D Just a shame we all have to follow up with a 'Doh!'

We are now seven! Woohoo!

Member List...
1. PoppyPoo
2. SiobhanVon
3. madameruthybaby
4. wannabe10
5. Greenygirl
6. Dogtanion
7. Bren

Gem, when are you getting weighed and starting SS+?

I hate sundays and not being able to have roast spuds and yorkshire puds! :(

Duh! Day 6 so obviously WI is tomorrow for you. Good luck hun!

Ahhhh! Have you been weighing yourself then or are you being a good girl and waiting for official WIs? I was hoping to get everyone's info (start and current weights and BMIs) to publish for tomorrow (Mondays) but can update yours later if you haven't weighed.

As for alternating - I'm not sure what the official advice is but when I was doing 810 there were a couple of days of SS when I couldn't be bothered to eat the boring meal.

My WI is on Thursday afternoon but going to see if I can change this to Friday. I'm not weighing myself until I visit with my CDC. She is only going to tell me what my losses are!

I spent alot of money on therapy getting off the scales several times a day and havent actually weighed myself since January!

Bren
X

Well after dieting very very slowly to get alot of weight off over the years with just healthy eating and exercise you can become obsessed with the scales, well I did and hence some hypnotherapy fixed me.

X

I'm the opposite, I hated going near the scales, it just never occurred to me to do it until I started ww. And even then it was only the once a week at a push...but on CD I was doing it daily...but I've left it today as I don't want this to be all about numbers for me. Yesterday when I hadn't lost it genuinely made me feel bad...so I'm leaving wi until Monday(tomorrow) to get the proper week's loss! And try to stick to twice a week after that x
Therapy rocks, I had mandatory counselling after I had the ectopic and almost died. It was one of the best things I've ever done, got to the root of lots of things...never tried hypnotherapy but I'm sure it could work!

I had my official WI this morning - lost 1 3/4lb, been on ss+ all week and it is TOTM - so v bloated - my scales had me at 11 4 on thursday, but back to normal now - I love ss+ but don't do it everyday as some days I don't fancy! I seem to lose generally better when I have some extra protien.
My start bmi was 41, (5ft 5 and 17st 12; now it is 25.6 ans weigh 11 stone 0 - can't believe there'll be a number ten next week - NEVER been that skinny!! ) I have lost 98lb so far - I am aiming at about 10 stone so I can maintain around 10 and a half ish - but we shall see!!

Hey All

just found this thread, I would like to move down from a size 12 to a size 10, my bmi is 24.9 i think, i would ideally be a bmi of around 20-21. I am only on one shake a day plus food as i don't think i could ss it, plus my money would not allow it. lol i am hoping for a loss this week as last week and the week before i gained, although it is totm at the moment, so hopefully when i get weighed in on tuesday i have lost something.

Everyone i know is telling me not to lose any more weight as it wiould make me look ill. I don't think it would being that i am only 5 foot 2inch approx.

Hey All

just found this thread, I would like to move down from a size 12 to a size 10, my bmi is 24.9 i think, i would ideally be a bmi of around 20-21. I am only on one shake a day plus food as i don't think i could ss it, plus my money would not allow it. lol i am hoping for a loss this week as last week and the week before i gained, although it is totm at the moment, so hopefully when i get weighed in on tuesday i have lost something.

Everyone i know is telling me not to lose any more weight as it wiould make me look ill. I don't think it would being that i am only 5 foot 2inch approx.
Don't listen to anyone else...listen only to yourself and doctors! Other people may have alterior motives for telling you not to lose weight...I'm moving from a 12 to a 10 too hopefully and even though I am at a 'healthy' BMI, I know myself I look best at BMI 22 or so...So just go with it, stay doing this healthily and this board will give you any information that you need x

Back