Starting CD With Not Much Weight To Lose?

Siobhan I am sure u will see a good loss tomorrow.
I just jump on the scales out of habit I think but I'm not too botheres what it says until the official WI day as I know it fluctuates.

How u doing today Siobhan? I just had some Leek and Potato soup and actually found it quite nice! That makes about 4 products I like so far :))
Doing okay today so far Gem! Woke up with a horrible taste memory of the porridge I tried yesterday! I really cannot eat it ever again...yuk! I'm sipping on a nice mug of half a serving of chicken soup! It is gorgeous! It has been my saviour flavour! I am a savoury-fiend so the minute I get hungry I crave savoury foods...this always satiates me! Potato and leek? Might give that a try at some stage x How you doing today then?

I had my official WI this morning - lost 1 3/4lb, been on ss+ all week and it is TOTM - so v bloated - my scales had me at 11 4 on thursday, but back to normal now - I love ss+ but don't do it everyday as some days I don't fancy! I seem to lose generally better when I have some extra protien.
My start bmi was 41, (5ft 5 and 17st 12; now it is 25.6 ans weigh 11 stone 0 - can't believe there'll be a number ten next week - NEVER been that skinny!! ) I have lost 98lb so far - I am aiming at about 10 stone so I can maintain around 10 and a half ish - but we shall see!!
Aw, well done hun on getting into the new number bracket! It's a great feeling! I have about 5.5 lbs to go before I'm out of the 10s...Can't wait, wish it could be tomorrow!!! :) Can't believe you have lost 98lbs so far...that is a serious achievement, well done x

Hey All

just found this thread, I would like to move down from a size 12 to a size 10, my bmi is 24.9 i think, i would ideally be a bmi of around 20-21. I am only on one shake a day plus food as i don't think i could ss it, plus my money would not allow it. lol i am hoping for a loss this week as last week and the week before i gained, although it is totm at the moment, so hopefully when i get weighed in on tuesday i have lost something.

Everyone i know is telling me not to lose any more weight as it wiould make me look ill. I don't think it would being that i am only 5 foot 2inch approx.

Welcome Nessa.

I'm close to healthy BMI, think I'll be there soon. Saying that I still feel I have a bit to loose. The weight seems to have come off my back/neck/shoulders but not so much from my tum and thighs. I think I have to up the exercise now :(

Anyway good luck with your WL

I might give that a go as well...the lack of food is tough, just that one small meal a day or even a nibble would make a difference to me! It's the dizziness that kills me, it always makes me anxious and I end up thinking, 'Oh, maybe I shouldn't go here or go there in case I get dizzy and faint'...so not really worth it!
The porridge...eugh...even the smell of it! I gave it another chance yesterday because some people seemed to love it but seriously it and me have broken up permanently, D.I.V.O.R.C.E! ;)x

Well we can have 200g quorn a day and some veg, so might have more quorn later today. It is good to have something.

DOGTANION!!! Well done on your amazing losses :D I have the theme tune to dogtanion as my alarm. Haha!

Looking at UGG boots, really want a pair so have set a mini goal of 9stone...then I can have some!

Also looking on ryanair.com there are flights to paris and stockholm for 2quid all in!

sorry - I love the porridge - thick sweet and gloopy mmm x can't stand leek and pot though!!

Confession - I am a serial weigher - so far today I have been on four times!! (it is weigh day and I was deciding which clothes to wear - stupid wi day ritual!!) Normally I go on first thing in the morning in my pjs after my first wee and try not to go on again

Last edited:
oh no! beleive me after soups and shakes for six weeks they were a real treat - but I know what you mean - they are more ready brek than nice meaty jumbo oats - I love those but for now they have to do. Lots of love x

I LOVE ready break, but there's just an aftertaste with the CD porridge that I can't be doing with! Wannabe the UGG Cardi's are fab too, I have them in grey and love 'em to bits! I wear Uggs every day at work as I work at a computer and they keep my feet so toasty!
So think I'll step up to SS+ in that case this week...hmmm...still considering it!

Wannabe, are you splitting yours into six or just having the three feeds a day? I had to split mine into six to get by and find it MUCH easier! (Glugging away too....)

I've seen the UGG cardis, they look great! Think that with my no-longer-tight short(ish) denim skirt and tights will be good for this weather.

Oh I cant wait! No food, I want to UGGs more!!!
Yeah they're fab, love them with my little floral mini dress, cardigan and tights...worn to death! Have regular Uggs in black and in beige...much prefer the longer length though!

Wannabe, are you splitting yours into six or just having the three feeds a day? I had to split mine into six to get by and find it MUCH easier! (Glugging away too....)

I might start doing that when I'm not at work. Its okay when I am at work as I do 12.5hrs and dont really have time to think about it. The chocolate avoidance can be tough though!

Been trawling through Minis and found posts saying u lose about 2lb less a MONTH on SS+. I can live with that I think!

Hi all how have you been doing? I am back from the in-laws and think I managed to keep the damage to a minimum. Did a tour of the family and they all love to feed me but i had my shakes and if I had to eat it was protein only!! Havent had as much water 5hr journey there and back and only one wee stop allowed. Went out saturday night and danced for about two hours so hopefully that has done me good too.

WI tomorrow but also my TOTM so not going to get too worked up if I dont see a great loss (will need reminding when I stress out tomorrow- lol)

Take care all and keep glugging that water

I'm joining in!

Member List...
1. PoppyPoo
2. SiobhanVon
3. madameruthybaby
4. wannabe10
5. Greenygirl
6. Dogtanion
7. Lamaris

Is it really true that by SS-ing on a < BMI 25 you lose muscle mass rather than body fat?
My fat percentage was 36% when I started 2 weeks ago, my BMI was 25.5.
It's now 24 and my fat perc. is 34.5%. I've lost 9 lbs, of which about 3.5 lbs of fat. The rest is probably fluid, rather than muscle mass, since especially in the first week you lose a lot of fluids.
Anyway, I will keep on SS-ing. In Holland, there is only 1 plan and that is SS.

mm TOTM - mine too - had wi and had lost almost two pounds totally acceptable! You could be surprised = on the other hand if it isn't much it'll shw next week x

Back