Starting Exante today

That is a lot of turf ! You will have muscles like Garth ! You haven't gone overboard with eating so I would say that's a win. Well done :) I hope next week you get the chance to relax.

I have been eating a few more carbs,trying to make wise decisions and keeping them around 80g a day some days still under 20g. My Sunday lunch surprised me I roasted a couple of charlotte potatoes and had stuffing and proper gravy(flour) still only 30g carbs. Eggs and bacon for breakfast and very low carb dinner. So the food was less strict yet daily under 40g carb. I am still feeling my way around the low carb thing trying to find a happy medium which is both satisfying yet adhering closely enough to the principles to get the benefits. Bit of trial and error and I am getting there :)

House guest has been lovely. It's always fine is isn't it? it's the thought of it that causes dread! They went off to the north yesterday York, Newcastle and are in Edinburgh right now having a fab time. They come back on Wednesday and my daughter her boyfriend and Mint all fly to Thailand that evening.

I asked Mint to show me how to make Thai fried rice. She did just that and added a tablespoon of sugar to rice for two people !! Was a bit shocked. The funny thing is she weighs 5 stone 10lb . Ho hum x

Thank you - ive managed to relax a bit this week. Been out watering my lawn twice each day and relaxing in between times.

I so admire your resolve - even 40g seems like a tiny amount of carbs. I've been quite free and easy food wise this week. Being at home and having my son here revising r most of the time has meant treats as well as relaxing but back fully on the wagon next week. I don't feel as if I'm doing too badly in any event. Couple of glasses of red wine with a friend last night delicious, delicious empty calories!

I'm pleased your house guest settled in and the visit was a success. Ah sugar in the rice, that explains why Thai rice tastes so delicious and moreish. Damn it - why does what tastes so good always have to have something in it that it shouldn't?! If only lettuce leaves and celery sticks tasted so good, I'd be Mint sized too.. x

Hi Milly

I started exantediet yesterday and weigh similar to you also wanting to get to around 15 st or maybe 14 at a push . How has day 2 gone for you? I have found it ok...am holding out as long as I can to have my final product for supper (whilst making a lamb dinner for everyone else boooooo) x

Today was one of those days I looked in the mirror and thought I looked a lot slimmer. Big fat losses from around my belly and there feels a lot less of me. I feel like my appearance is becoming more regular.

Just looked at my first post that was on 19th April and I am exactly a stone less. I am really pleased with my progress. Weight loss will inevitably slow down now but my confidence around food is much improved as good habits have formed. I haven't bought or eaten processed food for a couple of months and it is so freeing that eating crap isn't a compulsion anymore. Thoughts of food doesn't occupy all my time and it really feels like I'm out of jail ! I really enjoy my meals they feel indulgent and my husband said tonight my dinners taste like restaurant food. Praise indeed. Tonight I had chicken and bacon in a pesto creamy sauce with butter fried courgette and roast peppers with goats cheese. I loved the fact I didn't scrimp on anything the food just tastes so much more satisfying. days cals are from 1400 to 2000 depending how much I need.

I don't really know how I would describe my plan other than it has evolved and I put quality and taste first, always mindful of the fact the better my enjoyment of each meal boosts my resolve just a little more. I'm no longer clock driven and eat to hunger knowing I can miss a meal without disappointment. It's ok because I have chosen to miss it and I only ever do this when I'm not hungry.

Another bonus is wanting to move more as my body is less stressed. I have always binged on exercise with a view to calorie burn to speed weight loss. I'm sure this is a fact yet it has never been sustainable for me. I don't enjoy exercise so it will never be a part of my future. I like walking and gardening and will always do these things regardless of how much I weigh.

All mega positive,yes I know. My fears are still very much there. I'm scared my cravings for crap will return and I will be powerless to resist. I fear that carb desperation will de rail me. This has threatened a few times and when It has I have eaten carbs without trying to resist them. Luckily I've just wanted decent bread new potatoes and oatcakes not pringles maltesers and Greggs. They haven't been gobbled down as quickly as possible in order that I can deny it has happened which is my usual tactic. So all in all I have learned some stuff and am doing alright
smiley.png

I doubt you will need to water the lawn for a bit Davina! Good timing. Hope your son is getting on ok and the stress isn't overwhelming you both. Daft thing to say, of course it is ! There is an end to it though,thankfully. is the diet still going well? x

Back