Starting Exante today

Weigh in Wednesday - 14.1 So I have lost 4lb over the past two weeks. I am well happy with that
smiley.png

I can't quite stop myself from logging calories and they have averaged 1600 each day. Lowest day 0, highest day 2392. It is such a habit and comfort blanket. It's what I do. That translates to 0 on fasting days, of which I did a couple and 2392 was restaurant eating out day. Carbs have been no higher than 20g over the last three weeks.

It scares me to write this but I think I'm confident enough to do the unthinkable,that is to stop logging calories. It is a real leap of faith but all the authors of the plan I'm following say they are irrelevant. (Fung,Taubes,Harcombe,Diet Doc) I actually can't buy in to this even though I nod as I'm reading their reasoning. So I shall accelerate into a skid and see how I fare.

Hope you are winning x

Woooohoooo! Well done you - well deserved and a fuller response later but just wanted to give you a quick whoop and a cheer straight away X

Lottie - I am so pleased for you. I know exactly what you mean about still logging the calories. When I'm doing exante and only exante I still log the calories on Fat Secret even though the calories are the same every day, obviously. Old habits die hard!

How liberating being able to let go of all of that and just eat with the confidence that the weight is still dropping off? I suppose over time that will be one a new habit too?

Cauliflower rice was ready prepared and from Sainsbury but I will make it myself from now on. Just wanted a quick and easy way to try it as it's been a busy week. Ooh celeriac fritters....

I'm still going strong too - still gardening as well. Feeling happy and focussed just now. Fingers crossed it lasts! x

Thank you both. Feeling good :)

Tried and failed ! Promised myself I would not log calories but reneged within hours. Like a politician, me ! Fair twitchin' I was. So hung up on calories,its like the fundamental aspect of my psyche.

Success in other dieting areas though. Fasted from my delicious dinner last night . Will have prawn cocktail ,halloumi chorizo peppers baked and avacado/mozz/tom salad for dinner tonight. I don't remember enjoying my food this much ever

I'm so pleased that the fasting has been a breeze. I can't quite get my head around it. Exante or little meals are difficult for me to cope with yet having nothing seems a doddle. Has to be the insulin thing,surely ?

Wearing the smallest jeans I own (still large) and no overhang (Whilst standing)
smiley.png

Hope you are doing well x

Lovely to see u r in your smallest jeans with no over hang
How many days do u fast? Do u not eat for 24 hours or longer. Do you do this while following exante or do u just count calories each day ? Sorry for all the questions les x

Thank you both. Feeling good :)

Tried and failed ! Promised myself I would not log calories but reneged within hours. Like a politician, me ! Fair twitchin' I was. So hung up on calories,its like the fundamental aspect of my psyche.

Success in other dieting areas though. Fasted from my delicious dinner last night . Will have prawn cocktail ,halloumi chorizo peppers baked and avacado/mozz/tom salad for dinner tonight. I don't remember enjoying my food this much ever

I'm so pleased that the fasting has been a breeze. I can't quite get my head around it. Exante or little meals are difficult for me to cope with yet having nothing seems a doddle. Has to be the insulin thing,surely ?

Wearing the smallest jeans I own (still large) and no overhang (Whilst standing)
smiley.png

Hope you are doing well x
Oh well if counting the calories gives you comfort then why not for now? And well done on being in your smallest jeans - you're going to have to buy a new pair soon at this rate! Great that you're enjoying your food too - I often find that I'm not really eanjoying what I eat, even when I'm not dieting. You'd think I'd be a size 8 hearing that in mind...

Well, I'm just back from a lovely hour long Decleor facial. A friend bought it for my birthday and today seemed as good a day as any to use it. I'm working from home so just nipped in there in my yoga pants and dog walking waterproof ( it's tipping down here today). In I walked to this lovely salon looking like a slightly batty bag lady. Then I was a bit taken aback when the beautician asked me to strip to my knickers and lie under the blanket on the couch on my front. I hadn't realised that it would begin with a full back massage. I couldn't get comfortable balanced atop my pillow like breasts whilst the skinny Minnie therapist kneaded my rolls of fat with her steely fingers - I was just thankful I had a decent pair of knickers on! She's recommended a whole range of ridiculously priced products for my sensitive skin ( I don't have sensitive skin!!!) but she was probably thinking that a bit of post facial redness is the least of my problems. Off to have a lie down in a dark room ( she's probably having to do the same). Speak soon x

Ha Ha Ha, That did make me chuckle Davina ! Poor you. Massage supposed to be relaxing. Best I can offer is at least you didn't pay for it and that you feel better after a lie down. I have had two horrid massage experiences. One in Thailand. It HURT a lot and a head massage in Africa that HURT even more. Maybe I do have sensitive skin !

Although low carbing is suiting me beautifully right now I am worried I am a buying into it too heavily. I know that sounds incongruous ! I like to challenge my thinking so I'm reading a book about how low-carb diet success is a myth. I'll let you know what I make of it.

Had lunch out with a friend today Pret crayfish and avacado with oil dressing which was very nice. Think we will have Indian takeout tonight. Maybe chicken shashlick.
Spent the morning at the garden centre with my brother and sister-in-law and bought some lovely annuals. Lots of red geraniums because they make me very happy :) Too rainy to plant them out today though.

Les-I only did exante for about week. Found it too hard! I don't plan fasts but just wait to see how I feel each day and take it from there. I have only fasted for over 24 hours once. I log my calories and carbs on Nutracheck each day

off to take my dog out now as she, unlike me, doesn't object to the rain !

I must admit I'm finding it really hard . I'm not expecting much on the scales tomorrow. I've just made myself a chicken curry with low carb rice and weighed the powder out for the curry .
I will check out Nutracheck.
Hope u didn't get too wet while walking the dog x les

Ha Ha Ha, That did make me chuckle Davina ! Poor you. Massage supposed to be relaxing. Best I can offer is at least you didn't pay for it and that you feel better after a lie down. I have had two horrid massage experiences. One in Thailand. It HURT a lot and a head massage in Africa that HURT even more. Maybe I do have sensitive skin !

Although low carbing is suiting me beautifully right now I am worried I am a buying into it too heavily. I know that sounds incongruous ! I like to challenge my thinking so I'm reading a book about how low-carb diet success is a myth. I'll let you know what I make of it.

Had lunch out with a friend today Pret crayfish and avacado with oil dressing which was very nice. Think we will have Indian takeout tonight. Maybe chicken shashlick.
Spent the morning at the garden centre with my brother and sister-in-law and bought some lovely annuals. Lots of red geraniums because they make me very happy :) Too rainy to plant them out today though.

Les-I only did exante for about week. Found it too hard! I don't plan fasts but just wait to see how I feel each day and take it from there. I have only fasted for over 24 hours once. I log my calories and carbs on Nutracheck each day

off to take my dog out now as she, unlike me, doesn't object to the rain !
I'm still sore on my back and shoulders from Friday. I once had a horrendous Thai massage in a spa in Dubai where the therapist basically walked all over me for an hour. Good job she weighted about 6 stone wet through. At the end she told me in broken English that I'd be in pain for 4 days then fine. And she was right! I think I'd probably have enjoyed my Friday massage more if I'd been expecting it, if I'd been 3 stone lighter and if the therapist hadn't been determined to get through my fat stores with her fingers, come what may!

Eating this weekend has been less low carb and more what I fancied but I don't think I've got too overboard. I'm wondering if the exante diet would be easier if it wasn't exante - i.e. 600 calories of nice food instead of shakes? In which case should I give that a go? Aaarrghhh! I can't seem to settle on anything st the moment.

My garden looks like a war zone but the new turf should be going down this weekend so that will cheer me up. Then I'm heading to the garden centre too!
Anyway, another week over and new healthier week about to start! Speak soon! x

I must admit I'm finding it really hard . I'm not expecting much on the scales tomorrow. I've just made myself a chicken curry with low carb rice and weighed the powder out for the curry .
I will check out Nutracheck.
Hope u didn't get too wet while walking the dog x les
How did your weigh in go? Exante definitely isn't an easy option so however you're managing to do it deserves congratulations! x

We need to find a nice gentle massuesse (sp) ! I have never been for a spa , I really fancy going but my weight has always put me off. I worry its all about the body and I don't like mine. Maybe I should have it listed as a treat when I reach 12 stone.

The 600 cal exante thing is 5:2 isn't it ? Go for it, it seems to work for many. We need lots of weapons in our armoury ! If that's not right move on to something else

Read the book villifying low carb he advocates intuitive eating. Sadly my intuit is out of order! Agreed with the author that you can find stats to back up any claim that "all" diets are best be it vegan,veggie,high fat,high carb,blood type,VLCD. This diet is suiting me right now but if I allow myself to be really honest I have felt like this following cal counting, WW, SW. It isn't a new feeling. Its the maintaining it that's hard. As Robbie says I come undone.

Hope the WI went well Les

x

We need to find a nice gentle massuesse (sp) ! I have never been for a spa , I really fancy going but my weight has always put me off. I worry its all about the body and I don't like mine. Maybe I should have it listed as a treat when I reach 12 stone.

The 600 cal exante thing is 5:2 isn't it ? Go for it, it seems to work for many. We need lots of weapons in our armoury ! If that's not right move on to something else

Read the book villifying low carb he advocates intuitive eating. Sadly my intuit is out of order! Agreed with the author that you can find stats to back up any claim that "all" diets are best be it vegan,veggie,high fat,high carb,blood type,VLCD. This diet is suiting me right now but if I allow myself to be really honest I have felt like this following cal counting, WW, SW. It isn't a new feeling. Its the maintaining it that's hard. As Robbie says I come undone.

Hope the WI went well Les

x
Yes I definitely enjoy a nice relaxing massage - but I find it difficult to relax when I'm thinking about what the therapist is thinking about my body. I'm sure that it's just another day at the office as far as they're concerned (I'm hoping!). Ah a spa day is a good thing to treat yourself to though. My best friend is a size 12 and has never moved from that size in her 55 years (save when she had swine flu and fell to a size 8) and she talks about her body in a self conscious way so maybe it has nothing to do with size?

I definitely recognise that feeling of being in the zone and believing that I can continue eating in that way forever. I did 5:2 a couple of years ago and thought - this is it, I will always eat like this. Sadly my expanded waistline is testament to the fact that that didn't work! But being the weight you want to be is definitely the best incentive to do that, in very recent years I've just not managed to get to the weight I wanted to. But just now, we're doing great! x

Well done on your weight loss Les :)

Your friend is in good company Davina, I didn't think about how others see their bodies. Nearly all my friends are very slender and yes they all find a lot of fault with themselves. That is really sad. I heard a slim young girl in a greengrocers talking about food, in particular what she was looking forward to eating for her dinner. Roast pork, swede mash with all the trimmings, she added "I love my food" This really sticks in my mind as it is so rare to hear young women talk about food with such gusto with no pejorative rider attached.

Eating still very enjoyable and not hungry Ooh-Rah ! I do feel slimmer too which is lovely. I put a jacket on tonight which was really tight on my arms six weeks ago, fair slipped on, so it did. Mmmmm I like ! Very into sliced roast beef spread with blue cheese and slivers of salad veg right now along with prawn cocktail. I still eat just two meals a day most days and not snacking at all. I do enjoy not having food dominate my day. It feels quite freeing.

The weather has been gorgeous today and the forecast looks good for the next week. My daughter is arriving with her Thai host sister on Wednesday so the sunshine will be very welcome. makes exploring much nicer

Hope you have both enjoyed the sunshine today x

Your friend is in good company Davina, I didn't think about how others see their bodies. Nearly all my friends are very slender and yes they all find a lot of fault with themselves. That is really sad. I heard a slim young girl in a greengrocers talking about food, in particular what she was looking forward to eating for her dinner. Roast pork, swede mash with all the trimmings, she added "I love my food" This really sticks in my mind as it is so rare to hear young women talk about food with such gusto with no pejorative rider attached.

Eating still very enjoyable and not hungry Ooh-Rah ! I do feel slimmer too which is lovely. I put a jacket on tonight which was really tight on my arms six weeks ago, fair slipped on, so it did. Mmmmm I like ! Very into sliced roast beef spread with blue cheese and slivers of salad veg right now along with prawn cocktail. I still eat just two meals a day most days and not snacking at all. I do enjoy not having food dominate my day. It feels quite freeing.

The weather has been gorgeous today and the forecast looks good for the next week. My daughter is arriving with her Thai host sister on Wednesday so the sunshine will be very welcome. makes exploring much nicer

Hi all, I couldn't find this thread for some reason so wasn't able to join in with the conversation. Hope you're all well. It's been a lovely day today which just highlights the fact that I really really must stick with this plan. My first weigh in will be on Thursday and I'm so excited to see how much I've lost - I'm hoping for at least 6lbs. My holiday is in 9 weeks and to lose 2 1/2 st would be brilliant. Keep up the good work everyone. X

Hellooo! I'm not sure where the week has gone? Last week was crazily busy with work. On Friday evening my new turf was delivered and I've laid 60m2 of new lawn. And it looks amazing, if I do say so myself! I'm not very fit and all of my muscles are sore. I hadn't realised that a roll of turf would be so heavy. I think it was a little mad taking on such a huge job myself but now it's done I'm feeling like it was a massive achievement. The exercise felt good throughout ugh at one point in the heat I felt fit to drop.

Eating wise - not been very controlled or low carb. It's been so hot here and I've been craving diet dizzy drinks. Oh and prawn cocktail. With crusty bread. :( I've been so busy it's been a case of not thinking properly but I've not gone overboard - anyway I'm off work this week and so will have more time to get back into the swing of it all.

How's your guest settling? I'm hoping it's been ok for you all so far. How's the eating?

And how is everyone else getting on?! x

Back