starting exante

Karen

Serial Foodie!
Hi all,

I am starting the plan this weekend. I have gastric banding and will be using exante with small meals to compliment it. Im a really rubbish dieter usually and need all the help I can get! Ive had the band for quite a while but had a long period where I couldn't afford regular fills etc. I've now had a couple recently and now only need one more for good restriction so look forward to using it as a tool to succeed with this plan. To be honest, I could never succeed on something like this (or any other diet) unless I am physically restricted so hope this all works together. My packs are due tomorrow but I wont start until Sunday.

xxx

Hi and welcome Karen.

We did have another poster here who was doing exante on top of her band but she's not been around for a couple of weeks, I think she was called Honey?

Don't really know much about the banding and how it works, but wish you every success. How much do you have to lose?

Thanks Yambabe. I have about 9 stones to lose and will break that down into mini targets as I go.

The band is very easily abused so still requires a lot of willpower but will just help to put me off of trying to cheat! A liquid diet will mean the band isn t really working as the packs will just bypass the band but at least it will mean I am getting the full amount of vitimins daily.

All the band really does is stops me digesting solid foods as easily so if I eat chicken/meat/rice/bread, it gets stuck easily and I am restricted. If I eat chocolate/mash/softer foods, it just slips through the band. Im very glad to have the band done but it is really only a tool and I need to do something on top to keep me in check. My self disipline is awful really and I need to work hard to stay motivated and away from self-sabotage!

I've just tried to eat a bar (got my exante delivery this morning!) and could only manage half of it so I am pleased about that! It didn't taste too bad (choc orange) but it sure ain't Terry's' :eek: still...if it was Im sure I wouldn't limit myself!

I have read around this section for the last week or so and you ladies are very inspirational. The effort you put in has helped me make the choice to give this plan a go. I look forward to getting you know you all :D

I'm off to make a ticker...

A very warm :welcome2: Karen,

Like yourself, I still have realistically about 9 to go but having shed almost 2 already, I know that personally now it is going to happen. :D
And when the going gets tough, this place is the best source of support and inspiration one can ever wish for. Without the lovely peeps that share their stories and thoughts hereabouts, I know I would have never made it to this point.
So looking forward to sharing your journey.

Love Myr xxx

hello from me too..im on my second day so hope to see a lot (less) of you and me lol in the future. heres to a very successful weight loss :)

h x

good luck from me too and to all the other new starters!
Its tough but SO worth it!

A very warm :welcome2: Karen,

Like yourself, I still have realistically about 9 to go but having shed almost 2 already, I know that personally now it is going to happen. :D
And when the going gets tough, this place is the best source of support and inspiration one can ever wish for. Without the lovely peeps that share their stories and thoughts hereabouts, I know I would have never made it to this point.
So looking forward to sharing your journey.

Love Myr xxx

thanks Myr. Well done so far, its nice to hear your determination, its infectious!

hello from me too..im on my second day so hope to see a lot (less) of you and me lol in the future. heres to a very successful weight loss :)

h x
Thanks Harriet. Loads less of us :D It looks like a lot of people have only just started so its nice to have people to begin with x

good luck from me too and to all the other new starters!
Its tough but SO worth it!

Thanks Red, it will be worth it. I feel different to when I was trying to lose weight before. I dont think I really had the self esteem to properly challenge myself last time but since then I have given up smoking and started (and about to finish) a diploma so I am far more confident in confronting myself and willing to change my life. I hope I can really do it this time as this is my last vice/barrier really. Good luck to us all! xxxx

Welcome Karen - exante, on top of a band? Lordy, good luck to you. :) I'm afraid that's a combination of circumstances most of us can't help with, but damn good luck all the same.

Just want to wish you all the best on your Exante journey.

Good luck Karen, I wish you every success.

Thank you all, i can't wait to get started! (but im going to as i have a family meal out tonight lol) xx

Hi Karen,
Great choice to start exante, enjoy today and good luck for tomorrow, just keep motivated for your first week weigh in next week.

Thank you matthew, your thread is certainly motivation enough to plug away at this plan. x

Good luck Karen, hope you achieve your goals and my best advice is to enjoy the process, there will be things along the way that can really spur you on to do it - do a blog and then you have things to look back on for motivation and also as warning signs.
Bren xx

Good luck! I'm on day 4, so also new to it!

Hi Bren and Shuffler, thanks for the encouragement xx

I have started this morning and feel excited to get day 1 over with. I have an exam on thursday (first in about 15 years!) so i hope that revision will keep me too busy to think about food.

i have just had half a litre of peppermint tea (for the first time ever) and its lovely.

xx

Thank you Miss D :D Im revising right now... well.. after Ive faffed on here for a few minutes... Glad to have day 1 over with but I know days 2 and 3 are the real killers. Im just going to keep as busy as I can :)

Back