Extra Easy Starting from scratch.....again!

Mrs Shiels

Hi everyone,

I have just finished my first 12 week countdown and have lost a grand total of 3lbs.:sigh: I am so angry with myself. I previously had a great pre-emptive weight loss of 30lbs with SW before I gave up smoking 17 months ago.:D The weight fell off and stayed off for a bit but I gradually got back into my old habits. Too much cheese and wine and not enough fruit and veg. Started back end of January and have spend £50 cold hard cash and messed about gaining and losing the same 3lbs!!!!! My approach has been mainly if people don't see me eat it, it doesn't count. It's the alternative free food plan. Last week I was munching a bacon sandwich while making my free tuna salad for lunch. I am surprised it isn't working!!!!

Anyway, I am totally annoyed with myself. I have a goal of being 9st 6lbs by my 50th birthday in July. My husband is treating me to a week in Venice and I want to be more Ciao Bella than Ciao Belly. It will be an uphill struggle as I have squandered 12 weeks but I am determined. I can't face my lovely group if I don't start losing. A lady who started on the same night as me has lost 22lbs. I think she might be following the plan.

I'm going to use MiniMims for ideas and motivation.

Anyone who wants to join me is more than welcome.

Aw bless you!

Just remember you can draw that line and start again!

It's so easy to get compliant .. Especially when it's not your first time on the plan!

Try planning your week and sticking to it?! Just think of that holiday every time your about ro munch something naughty! Xx

Just want to wish you the best of luck. I was the same between May and September last year until I stopped going in October. Went back to group at the start of January and was heavier than when I joined SW the first time.
This site is great for ideas and inspiration, I've found I stick to plan better if I'm on here often. Maybe start a food diary? I need to write down what I eat or I forgot what syns I've had, or little nibbles here and there!

Thank you ladies. Just hearing from people who understand what it is like is such a great support. feeling thinner already xx

Hi everyone,

Anyway, I am totally annoyed with myself. I have a goal of being 9st 6lbs by my 50th birthday in July. My husband is treating me to a week in Venice and I want to be more Ciao Bella than Ciao Belly.

Great post Mrs S, the ciao belly really tickled me :D. You sound so much like me it's uncanny, must be the Leo thing. I will be celebrating the big five-o, but next July so have more time to lose my unwanted chins. I'm afraid the wine has had to go in this house, it only serves as a lure straight to the fridge and food cupboards. Don't know about you, but I have to remove the temptations out of the way, otherwise they're gone!

Thank you Frau von Buttonpopper,

I know exactly what you mean. it is time to part company with the vino collapso. One large glass and all I want to do is eat. Anything savoury. Superfree doesn't look so super with the wine goggles on. Oh let me think, cheese on toast or a handful of strawberries.... Not a court in the land would convict me. However, the sense of doom as I approach the scales is akin to approaching the dock for sentencing.

I blame it on the wine makers. When wine came with a cork, you could throw away the corkscrew. but no, not anymore. It comes with an easy open screwtop. It must be modern times because my group sounds more like an AA meeting with everyone missing their booze.

If one more person suggest I make a free frittattattatta to nibble on of an evening, I think I might just lay an egg myself.

Today was a good day. Roll on tomorrow x

Today was a good day. Roll on tomorrow x

Good, just keep focusing on that holiday x

I have set myself a small 6 week countdown to begin with and I'm aiming to get into 25% of the clothes in my wardrobe by September (hubbies 50th). Hopefully will have a holiday arranged by then. Currently, I must fit into approximately 2% of my clothes and that's only because I went out and bought some bigger ones :mad:

Oh my dear we're in the same boat I can assure you!
I went on holidays over Easter and drank my own bodyweight in wine. Since then I've still been in celebratory mode and neglected to count ANY Syns. Miraculously I lost .5lbs in the last month but it defeats the purpose of attending Fat Fighters if I'm munching cheese and drinking wine.
I have glued myself back on the SW wagon this morning and am going to really commit to it again.
WE CAN DO THIS!!!
xx

Back