Starting from the start...again

FlicG

Silver Member
Hello all,

Well, i'm back again. Back to Slimming World to start the slog again. Honestly, I couldn't be more disappointed in myself for ending up back here...

I joined SW originally back in 2014 before a friends wedding. Lost a couple of stone, then started to put it back on...in my haste to loose before my own big day in 2015, I turned to a VLCD which worked - in that I lost the weight I wanted. Only it wasn't sustainable and I ended up so unhappy that I sort of ignored dieting for a while...until last night.

I couldn't put off the inevitable. I am hopeless on my own and need the support of a group, or a chatroom to keep myself motivated. There's no point denying that, as i've found out to my detriment.

Time to start afresh!

Hope to "meet" some lovely SW people to keep me on the straight and narrow this time, and hopefully end in a much happier and healthier place.

Now, to remind myself about speed foods.... :)

Motivation on the Scale

If you want a giggle - read my CWP log https://www.minimins.com/threads/my-personal-weight-loss-journey.344694
I have just been reading through some of it myself. Glutton for punishment, me? Of course. Oh, the highs and the planning and the feeling of positivity that I had then...
And yet, I am back here again, same start weight as first time round SW, starting CWP and I've realised more importantly this time, I really need to do some work mentally with myself to try and keep up with losses and maintaining it. Part of that is sticking with a plan - and being realistic.

My target prior to my CWP journey was 11st. Which I never go to even when I was only eating sachets of food...so realistically, 12st seems a good (and achievable target.) Scale goal is important, but more than that, I need to get back to a decent level of fitness too to accompany that. I have a LOT of work to do to get myself both back in shape and also in shape.

I hope you can all join me in my ramblings - I am usually a positive one, but today I am just feeling a bit low, given i'm in the same position again...

Nice one Fig :)

I too have upped my target over the years. I started (5 years ago!) with a target weight of 9.5 stone. Which I never met, but I did come close at 9.13 having lost 4.5 stone. I then stopped going to group and gained loads. I started again with a new target of 10, and came close again. But stopped, again. This cycle, the battle for target, continued a few times.

This time, I'm setting my target at 11stone I can acheive and maintain this with support, and overall will be better for me (although I'll still have an overweight BMI). If I get back to 11, and want to lower my target, then I'll make that decision then :) Small steps!

Happy to be on your journey with you! Are you going to a group? I find I can't cope without a group, and in a year or so I'll have put at least another stone on.

Sam x

Hey Sam,

I have to go to group. I stop going, I start cheating. It keeps me accountable and keeps me going! Good to see you've adjusted your target too - 12st will keep me in overweight BMI too, but I know myself that anything lower isn't achievable, like yourself. I think I just weigh heavy! 12st should take me to a size 10/12 which I would be more than happy with.

So, yesterday was my first day back on plan. Overall, pretty good. My day went like this:
B: Oats (hExB) with frozen pineapple and mango
S: Banana
L: Roast Beef salad with jacket potato (Syns = salad dressing and chutney)
S: Muller greek style (0.5 syn! I like these ones best, but perhaps time to go back to muller lights!)
D: Chicken and egg fried rice with all the leftover veg from the fridge
S: Hot chocolate made with milk (hExA) and Syns for the powder

My tummy was rumbling as I went to bed, but I didn't feel hungry at all. I had another glass of water and ignored it...

I went for a half hour walk at lunch and a run in the evening - I did intervals to get myself back into the swing of things - but 30 mins overall which was a combination of running and fast walking (whilst panting!) I am aware that I am trying to do too much to start with, but I have been avoiding getting back into running for about a month now (I did C25k about 18months ago, and have on and off managed to maintain this, but haven't done anything for over a month, so basically most of my fitness has gone!)

Tonight I am planning a bit of HIIT training and another walk at lunch.

Hope you all had a good Wednesday!

xx

So, day 2. Feeling positive. Didn't get my HIIT training in, but did manage a walk.

B: Leftover rice and hExA milk (I tried to make a quick rice pudding. I ended up burning my mouth.) with (syn) raspberry jam
S: Orange. Which was gross. I was reminded why they are reserved for cooking things.
L: Leftover egg fried rice from last night's dinner.
S: Nothing. I was in my work appraisal all afternoon. I was STARVING by the time I got home!
D: Burger (homemade - basically just 5% beef mince, shaped) with hExB nimble crusts as my bun, sweet potato wedges and salad. Burger had mayo, ketchup and mustard, because all burgers should, which rounded my syns to 8.5.

Happy with the day, and also got some fruit and other bits to start getting stuck into SW properly again.

Was hoping for a weekend that was easy to manage, but OH's aunt and uncle are taking us out for dinner tonight, before they head back to Australia, so a bit of planning needs to be done to make sure I stay on track (which shouldn't be too bad, since we're only on day three!)

Hope you all have a lovely on plan weekend! :)

xx

Hi all,

Busy weekend! Handled not too badly I think...

Friday:
B: overnight oat with yoghurt, coconut flavouring, mango, pineapple and banana (yum!)
S: Apple
L: Wholemeal pasta with green pepper, sweetcorn and kidney beans, with cold sliced beef + muller greek coconut yoghurt.
S: toffee muller light, another apple (about 6.00pm)
D: faffed about deciding but had fish, chips and peas. I picked all the batter off the fish as it didn't look very nice (and i'm not a massive fan) and had only half of the chips. Glad I had the snack at 6pm, since we were waiting for family to arrive (stuck in traffic) we didn't end up eating until late! A free food snack saved me from gobbling all the chips so feel like i've earned brownie points! :)

Saturday - busy day at home. Bed frame disintegrated so tried to fix it all morning before giving up and buying a new one!
B: nimble french toast (hExb) with banana.
S: rice pudding (homemade with hExa)
L: picked at a bit of the pasta salad from yesterday
D: brother in law's girlfriend's graduation party. chilli, naan bread and salad plus pavlova pudding and some pick and mix...not so good. Kind of my own fault too for not having proper lunch... Still within syn limit as I didn't have seconds (which I wanted...)

Sunday - out all day at a tractor event.
OH is a farmer, and we drove two hours to an anniversary tractor show...yes, it was as boring as it sounds! Breakfast and lunch were eaten on the move, and with little choices, I was pleased with what I did have.
B: melon medley from Marks and spencer + coffee (black)
S: 1/3 mini tub of ice cream (pinched from OH, but I didn't get my own one which has got to be a triumph)
L: chicken and chorizo paella. Probably not the healthiest paella ever, but it wasn't the burger in a bun which was the other choice. I synned the chorizo (had two tiny bits) and added another one for the potential of oil...
S: Apple and cup of tea with milk.
D: Got home and with the abundance of homegrown tomatoes made a lovely dinner. Roasted the tomatoes with garlic and oregano in the oven, then mixed it with cooked orzo pasta, mozarella (hExa) and topped it with super crispy parma ham (synned)
Walked about 8km, also, so hopefully got rid of some of the ice cream naughtiness!

Was going to go for a run after work, but weather is gloomy, I have a load of chutney to make, and I need to pick up my new iron and hairdryer from Argos, so dodging this evening. Might go for a walk when I get home as I missed my lunchtime one.

Weigh in tomorrow...eek!

xx

Hi! Been scrolling through the diaries and yours really strikes a chord with me. I need group too but struggle around my shifts. My usual pattern is go to group...lose weight, dont go to group...regain weight. I was last on minis about 3 years ago when I went from a 22 to an 8. Today I bought a size 18 top :grumble: I'm so cross with myself for allowing nearly all of it to creep back on again :banghead:
Anyway I've bitten the bullet, rejoined my old group, and resurrected my old diary. I thought about starting a new one but I have many memories on here so decided to carry on with it. Pop along if you like...the link is in my sig :D
Your meals sound fab btw xx

Back