Starting LL

pticouk

Hi, hopfully I'll be starting LL soon, that's when I get a new form as my doctor wanted to charge me £50 and have a 10 minute appointment at the end of May so am going with the LL recommended one. Also there's not enough people interested to run the course and it's really getting to me having to delay starting!

ANYWAY... I have a couple of questions if that's ok?

ok, when I have the weekly meetings do you get hand outs to support you and give you more info (kinda like they do at WW)?

is it a case of you all sititng round and talking about your innermost feelings and everyone crying and stuff, or is it a talk if you want to situation?

To try to get used to the packs I got some slim fast shakes from boots are they similar to these?

Does the counsellor take pictures of you or do you take your own start and finish pictures?

did yo ufind going to the gym helped speed up weightloss compared to people that don't go to the gym?

Sorry that was more than a couple!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Helen

Hi Helen, welcome to Minimins!

When you start foundation, you get a big green book, which has discussions, exercises, thought records, dressing tips and all kinds of good stuff in it.

Each week you'll work through that particular section in group and then have "homework" type exercises to do. Some people don't do these - I wholeheartedly recommend them though, really helped me.

The counselling is fairly structured, although it depends on your counsellor. The way ours runs is, we all turn up and LLC weighs us each individually. It's in private, so you don't have to share your weightloss with the group if you don't want to. You also have the opportunity then to talk to your LLC quietly if something is worrying you, or you cheated. My group uses this time while each of us is getting done to chat and talk about anything we want - sometimes LL based, sometimes not!

We haven't had any great crying stuff, but we have had some fairly personal breakthroughs and realisations. You only talk if you want to. One of the ladies in my group didn't say a thing for three weeks and now talks lots!

Personally, I found that the Raspberry LL pack tasted very like Slimfast. However, I'm not sure I'd recommend doing that, as you are often hungry on Slimfast and you won't be on LL after the first few days. I wouldn't want you to develop a mental habit!

Your LLC will photograph you at your first meeting. It's not that bad, ours didn't show us the photos, and I suspect that when we get re-snapped in a couple of weeks (I'm on week 12), she'll give us both together!

I haven't touched the gym and I've lost 4st in 12 weeks. BUT... I think I might be a bit more toned if I'd swum or something!

Best of luck!! It's the best thing you'll ever do for yourself

:D

Vorlina has pretty much covered it, but I'll pop in a few extra bits.

I didn't think Slimfast and LL were anything alike.....Slimfast were REALLY sweet (cause of the sugar I suppose :rolleyes:) and LL isn't so much so. Don't try and do just the slimfast shakes, they aren't complete nutrition, hence why you have 2 and a meal. Doing 3 shakes a day could make you quite ill. Enjoy eating while you can.....if you want a head start lowering your carbs and upping your water will help ease you into the programme and help reduce the carb withdrawl headaches etc.

As for excercise...I found it slowed down my losses, retaining water and building muscle etc. Plus, lack of energy for that lark!! Maybe some light toning stuff and walking would have been good but not hardcore gym sessions!

Do the homework.....useful stuff, I still look at it today!

I loved LL when I did it so good luck!!

xx

Thanks for the advice, I've had a SF for breakfast one for lunch and then am having a weight watchers meal when I get in this evening, am drinking plenty of water although I must admit some days it seems I forget! with LL do yo uhavea thirst that will remind you you need water if yo uget what I mean!

I'm just so frustrated I really thought I'd be on LL now, I was looking to lose a stone a month like it says then that means I'd have lost 2 by my friend's wedding at the end of may but that's not going to happen now, we're going shopping for an outfit for me on Saturday so I don't know if I should get a tight 20 or a baggy 22 as I don't know what size I'll be then depending on when I start LL.

Sorry I'm ranting but the last few weeks I've been reading blogs and forums and can't wait to start as I've heard absolutely nothing negative about it which is great!

I have the details for a CDC but she's about a 25 minute drive away and even though it is chepaer than LL I stil lprefer the structure of LL - but again don't know if it would be a way to kickstart and start my weight loss journey now!

Thanks again.

Helen

good news!

Got my new medical form, got my doctor's appointment booked, got a start date for the new course 3rd May!!!

Can't wait!

Thanks again for your answers.

Helen

Helen that's great - not long now :)

Cath

Hi there Helen,

Good luck to you. You've definitely made the right decision. It's one of the best things I've ever done. Who knows, by the end of May you may have lost nearly 1 stone and dropped a size! Just enjoy your food now while you can...

Back