STARTING LOW CARB DIETING

Hello I have been looking on this site for about the last 8 wks to help me with my transformation from LighterLife to Atkins/low carb dieting to finish off my weight loss journey. As of last Monday I had lost 58.5lbs to date and am as you can imagine very happy with my new body. I have advised my LL councellor that Monday is my last week and this week, and that I would not be going into their 'route to management' programme and was surprised as I thought she would be keen to make money out of me as there RTM requires you to still buy 3 packs for £49 instead she praised me for how far I had come and how focused I was. It was such a great thing to hear from her because she believes in me as much as I believe in me. I have basically had a lighterlife bar for breakfast(as I love them- 20g of carbs) and then eaten a small amount of protein with a little salad in the evening. I have not wanted to eat anything that is not good for me which is great. I am off to London tomorrow as I won a competition back in March nights hotel at the Zetter in London and a meal for 2. So have booked a really nice fish restuarant and looking forward to eating etc. If any of you can give me some sound advice on the low carb front I would be very grateful as I am happy to keep the carbs low but if I was to stick to my LL bar for breakfast then I have used 20 there so am wondering about keeping it below possibly 30-35 and am sure that as I am still in ketosis will surfice. I would really like some advise as no one appears to like to answer my threads not sure because I do not come on here alot but I need guidance I am doing this based on past experiences but want to get this right.

Many thanks xx:):):)

hi beetle hun,

that sounds just about right for between 30-35 carbs per day to maintain maybe even lose a wee bit more.

Low carb is definely the way forward to maintain, I'm learning this myself as I got to complacent and thought I could eat anything once I got to goal WRONG! dont get complacent, it does and will catch up, yes you can treat yourself every now and again willpower and understanding that refined carbs are not good for your body.

good luck hun

sue x

Many thanks sun. Altough I initially wanted to loose 7 stone I now think that 5 stone is more realistic bearing in mind that I am older, my body shape is totally different (post children) and I do not want to look too thin! I know that people will say you should stop now but I am looking at what realistically I can maintain long term so another stone I may not go that far just have to go with the body image now (as advised again by my LL councellor as I could not get my head around being able to get into clothes that I wore with I weighed 3 stone less!!). I know that low carbing is the best way forward for me to how me success in keep and maintaining my weight for life!! As for refined carbs I really have not craved a single potato,pasta, bread (could easily eat but have not) in general followed too much low fat over the years before realising that all low fat food is high in Carbs so my body I think personally is quite intolerant to too many carbs. I am not stopping LL in the dark I have read,enquired about so may low carb aspects that I really do feel that again as LL was my tool today Low carb will be my new tool. I look foward to posting on here and seeing how you are getting on. Many thanks again x

hi beetle hun,

that sounds just about right for between 30-35 carbs per day to maintain maybe even lose a wee bit more.

Low carb is definely the way forward to maintain, I'm learning this myself as I got to complacent and thought I could eat anything once I got to goal WRONG! dont get complacent, it does and will catch up, yes you can treat yourself every now and again willpower and understanding that refined carbs are not good for your body.

good luck hun

sue x

Sue really sorry I meant to say you have done so well yourself how ago did you stop LL? your pics are great. I had looked at them before but just had a quick look you yourself have come so far and look to be focused and maintaining.

I started 2nd August last year and lost 3st in 8 weeks, I did the RtM about 70% by the book although I did drink alcohol from the first week as I went away for that weekend, and I did maintain my weight within 5lbs for 8/9 months, before I knew it it was 7lbs over target and then 1st, but having learnt the hard way low carb is and will be my forever eating plan,

good luck hun and thanks for the kind words re my pics, they do inspire me to get back there again.

you've done so well and I know you will achieve your final goals,

good luck

sue xx

big thanks

I started 2nd August last year and lost 3st in 8 weeks, I did the RtM about 70% by the book although I did drink alcohol from the first week as I went away for that weekend, and I did maintain my weight within 5lbs for 8/9 months, before I knew it it was 7lbs over target and then 1st, but having learnt the hard way low carb is and will be my forever eating plan,

good luck hun and thanks for the kind words re my pics, they do inspire me to get back there again.

you've done so well and I know you will achieve your final goals,

good luck

sue xx

Hi Sue, Wow that was an amazing weight loss in 8weeks sorry I have not replied sooner. Well am now low carbing officially as of yesterday and looking foward to sharing my journey with you. x

morning hun,

look forward to it as well, good luck

sue xx

Back