starting LT today, this is my diary!

day ten dawns and i decided to weigh myself on my scales at home and i'm 11st 9 lbs. now i don't believe i've lost 4.5 lbs in 2 days so i think the chemist's scales are out. i thought i'd lost more than four and a half pounds was a bit dissapointed tbh so this is much better and has renewed my faith in LT. Wow nine pounds down! in nine days! That's almost as long as it took me 3.5 months to lose prior to LT. Will continue with this crazy diet for as long as i can now.

Now on day 12, wow can't believe I made it this far. Clothes definitely feeling looser and even beginning to venture back into the realm of size 14s. My size 14 skirt arrived and although is slightly tight it fits well enough for me to wear it and will only get looser. It is elasticated waist (am a bit scared of fitted waists not worn any since month 3 of my pregnancy!) but I guess that means it is a little more flexible for weight loss.
Survived the weekend, just about! Took some chicken and salad for dinner on Saturday, it was a bit embarrassing but I got through okay (they were all having chicken fajitas which I strangely didn't mind, maybe I am detaching from food after all). On sunday I had my shake up in my room before we went down for breakfast and then just coffee with the family, then came the hard part - the buffet. I was going to have more chicken but as there was a hog roast thing, I thought a bit of plain meat would be okay so had a slice of pork and one of beef, with a little green salad (just lettuce and rocket really) and just water to drink. A while later they brought out the dessert buffet and I did feel like I was missing out, but I said to myself that whatever they were serving, if I wanted to buy some when the diet is finished (not for ages I know but kept me sane at the time) then I would make a mental note to buy it at some later date, then I didn't feel like I was missing out too much.
Strangely I did not feel too hungry so the diet is definitely working and I have stayed in ketosis despite having some meat (although is zero carbs)
The hardest part was actually the services on the way home. You know how you have to queue up at costa and they lay all the cakes out in the counter? Well I swear they were talking to me! nonetheless I just got my coffee. I kept telling myself all weekend that if I blew it, I'd have to go through ketosis all over again and would probably put on at least half my weight back in glycogen.
Well back to the straight and narrow now, had two shakes today. Feeling good but the thought of doing this another two months is scary. I reckon it'll take another two months to lose another couple of stone, which is what i'd ideally want to do to reach goal weight.

day 13 and I am struggling today. Don't feel too hungry but I do feel very tired, grumpy and lethargic. I am going to see it through to my second week weigh in at the very least then may switch to exante working solutions where you can add in a meal of 400 cals each day. You are supposed to lose 9lbs/month on this approach so it will take anohter month or so to reach my goal but I said from the start that I'd give lipotrim two weeks and then if I was not happy on it, change my approach. However if I feel better after second week weigh in I may stick with LT. So let's see how I feel then!

day 14 and this is my last day of Lipotrim. I said I would do it for 14 days and then if I was not happy, switch to something else. Well I am not happy because I am still hungry. Not all the time, but enough for it to mean I don't want to continue with LT anymore. I am switching to Exante Working Solution where you can add a meal each day. however I feel good that I have lasted two weeks and kicked off my weight loss. For me, LT is not right as a long term solution but for a couple of weeks to kickstart the diet, has been great.

day 15 and i've lost another 5lbs! so 10lbs in total (on the chemist's scales). well chuffed and a good start to my diet but i'm moving to exante now...

love reading your posts:)

Back