Starting May 12th!

*helen71*

Hello everyone

I am starting slimfast tomorrow morning. I have been to boots and got a few days worth.

Does anyone have any advice for me!! I know I need to drink my water and move a bit more. i have noticed some pretty impressive weight losses and wonder how long it has taken you? ?

I have lost 16 pounds on my own since xmas but feel like I need a bit more structure, I am starting to make some unhealthy food choices.

I would be grateful for any replies.

Thanks

Helen x x

hi helen, all i can say is water, and lots of it. have your 3 snacks a day, i don't know if you're having sf ones but in time you will find other foods that you may enjoy more and are probably cheaper! and if like me you have a ready meal then pile it up with salad or veg. good luck x

Hi helen! I too am starting slim fast tomorrow. I've got 18lbs to lose and would also really appreciate the advice.

I really hope this works, I've been trying to lose weight for over a year now without success.

Hi Helen and pink :) Advice is the same as sparkel, lots of water and have your snacks so your body doesn't go into panic mode and hang onto fat :)

Thanks Hannah. What sorts of snacks do you recommend? I've got a really sweet tooth and I'm a total chocolate fiend but there doesn't seem to be a lot of options out there for chocolate bars 100cals or under...

I've got a sweet tooth too, I love the pink and white wafers...big marshmallows with wafer... they are only 50 cals each, skinny cow hot choc or options, only about 40...quavers, wotsits and walkers baked are all under 100... meringue nests are about 50, or you can get the mini ones, about 20 each.... when I need a real sweet fix I have a pink and white and a hot choc, tastes too good to be allowed! lol
Tesco light choice cakes are nice too. Oh and my new fav, Mikado biscuits ( the long thin choc sticks) they are only 11 cals each!

Thanks hannah, I'll go and add the Mikado sticks and pink n whites to the tesco shopping list! Mmm walkers baked too yumm!

This slim fast will hopefully be easier than I had thought!

I think thats what makes slimfast easy to stick to, it is easy, you don't have to think about what you're going to eat. I have ready meals with veg for my evening meal, i'll start doing my own meals when i've lost another stone.
Oh and for pudding with my meal I have WW double choc brownie dessert, they are sooooo nice!

Blue riband choccie bars are 100 cals and yummy too x

my prob always was around 8pm-9pm id get the need to eat some choclate,I only eat ready meals and make sure part of my 600 cal is saved for that blue riband on the evening.

hi hun, me too! i save my 3rd snack though as a pud so can add more to the main meal and its usually blue riband but have found kitkat 2 finger 106 cals, tesco value wafer 85 i think, and rocky bars are low too. i just went through the shelf until i found something under 100 cal lol!

I've just got back from shopping. I bought drifter bars - they're only 99cals too - what a calorie bargain!! lol I've never tried blue ribbands tho. Might give them a go.

I was going to get the WW desserts from the frozen section, but they were £2 and over. Is that right?

Also, are you all finding that your grocery bill has gone up since you've started slim fast? Or is mine just high because I'm just starting out?

Thanks for all the choccie advice everyone :)

they were doing all ww meals including puds for £1 at iceland a little while back, don't know if its still on but worth a look as the cheesecake is yummy!

The WW deserts are a bit pricey but soooo yummy as a tasty treat every once in a while.... drifters are really under 100 cal? They're one of my fave choccy bars... looks like I'm popping to the shop 2mo!!
I also find that sticking to ready meals in the evening is easier as I know what I'm having and dont have to route thru all the kids goodies looking for something for myself! I had a ww pizza tonight for 305cals n some potato wedges on the side to make it up to the 600!! I'm stuffed!! Lol.

The WW choc brownies are £1.35 ish for 2 from the frozen section ;) The mint with choc on top are lovely too...I tried the caramel ones once but amazingly found them too sweet! that doesn't happen often lol

I've never seen the mint ones before... they sound nice tho so think I'll have to look a bit harder next time... my sweet tooth is terrible so have to have something sweet to keep it at bay.

tesco has some little pots of icecream for about 91 cals, chocolate and vanilla i think, haven't tried them myself as not a lover of icecream but a friend loves them. ww has also brought out some new yoghurts, toffee apple, delicious, lemon cheesecake, strawberry tart etc, they are so moreish and about 60 cals each.

Mmm I'll definately try the mint ones.. and maybe the brownies too!

Oh and I do like ice cream so I'll give the tesco pots a go too :)

I was thinking this morning, one of the reasons I must find slim fast so much better than other diets is because I've got such a sweet tooth. And most of the meals are sweet during the day - the meal bars are like eating a huge chocolate bar to me!! Lol and the vanilla shake I had this morning was sooo tasty!

Hey again bob... I just replied to say hello in another thread... sorry you didnt get a response from any if us til now... you must be either a night owl or a really early bunny. lol.

Have you got any goals for yourself to aim for yet or are you just taking the first week one day at a time to get into the swing of it to begin with?

Mmm I'll definately try the mint ones.. and maybe the brownies too!

Oh and I do like ice cream so I'll give the tesco pots a go too :)

I was thinking this morning, one of the reasons I must find slim fast so much better than other diets is because I've got such a sweet tooth. And most of the meals are sweet during the day - the meal bars are like eating a huge chocolate bar to me!! Lol and the vanilla shake I had this morning was sooo tasty!

i've got a sweet tooth too but then fancy something savoury, then sweet, savoury......

Tee hee yep I could def survive just on crisps, peanuts, chocolate and biscuits!!

Id say Im more of a sucker for the sweet stuff tho.

Back