Starting my Cambridge Journey Tomorrow! Sunday 13th Jan!

Willows

Evening all,

Well, I finally took the plunge to enquire about Cambridge, met a GREAT consultant this morning and will be starting on Sole Source + tomorrow! I have around 2 and a half stone to lose, currently 13st6lb, goal 10st12lb. I'm 5ft8.

I gained weight when pregnant with my son over 3 years ago, I put on 5 stone when pregnant, lost 3 relatively easy but this last 2 have stuck and not shifted. I have clung onto my old clothes in hope of a miracle!! Let's hope I have found it! :)

So I have decided to start my day tomorrow with a Maple Porridge. My first weigh in is next Saturday 19th January so 6 days on the plan..I am hoping for a nice loss to spur me on.

I know this is going to be a massive challenge but the prospect of a new slimmer me in the not so distant future is so appealing I want to give it my best shot!

Looking forward to getting to know you all.. xx

Good luck Willows!

Im only on day 8, and very new too, but im loving it so far, i had my first weigh in yesterday and lost just under 10lb, so im delighted and think the diet is amazing, i hope you find it that way too. x

Hi willows :)

I read your post and wanted to reply as my story is suprisingly similar to yours!

I started ss+ on monday so am 6 days in now. I am also 5 ft 8 and about half a stone heavier than you at 13st 11 and eould also like to lose 2 and a half to 3 stone. I also put over 5 stone on 3 years ago when I was pregnant and have also managed to shift about 3 stone on my own!

The last thing that made me chuckle was that I also decided to start with the maple porridge...sorry to say I hated it and threw it in the bin! Its taken me a few days to try a lotof products and I have found I only like the shakes. A lot of people love the soups and porridges so it is very much down to personal taste.

I dont know about you but in the past I hsve tried sooo many diets and my sucsess rate past day 2 or 3 has been nill lol, so im very suprised I have stuck 6 days of cd. The first 3 days were awful and I was going to jack it in every 5 mins, 4th days was a bit better and now I feel great, not hungry at all, and I know there is no going back!

Im sure you will do great, my tip would be, even though you will feel tired the first 4 days, stay as busy as you can, do some reading, have a bath...just dont give in!

Good luck for tomorrow... You lose that 2 1/2 stone in no time :) x

Hi Ladies

Well done on taking your first step into the world of Cambridge. It is a hard diet but the rewards are pretty amazing!
Like you Bexsyy I hated the porridge but love the shakes and soups. About 10 weeks into my Journey I started switching between SS and SS+ as I travel alot with work and needed something that wasn't excluding me from Dinner/breakfast meetings.

The biggest winner for me on this diet was learning about portion control because pre this diet I wasn't an unhealthy eater just my portion were huge!
Now I have really learnt the art of portion size with the help of myfitness pal app. I would highly recommend you use it!

Good Luck and if I can help with anything please shout

You weren't kidding about that porridge! Mine went exactly the way yours did Bexsyy... in the bin!! LOL! So.. I bought the Tetra shakes and decided to have one of those for breakfast instead. I found that fine.. I will be trying a soup for lunch, perhaps another shake mid afternoon then a poached egg and spinach tonight.

Feeling ok at the moment..still positive which is good but then it has only been a few hours! Long way to go :)

Frenchie.. your first week weight loss was exactly the same as my son when he was born! Bet you were well chuffed with that. I know I would be!

Cheers all.. will update soon with any other hit/misses with my food choices. Have a good day! :)

Back