starting my vlcd today

clayr

im starting my vlcd today, and im dreading it! ive already wanted to stuff my face full of lovely UNHEALTHY food. how do you all stay motivated to keep going?

i need to make this work as it is costing me a fortune!!

thanks clayr xxx

How are you getting on clayr? I started on Monday and so far have failed to complete a single day yet, but replacing lunch and breakfast with the shakes has got to be better than having not done anything. I am going to try soooooo hard to stick with it today.

First 3 days, i just keep telling myself i've only got to get through 3 days to get into ketosis.

Good luck

I'm on day 3 of my vlcd and feel really really bad. I don't think i could have done this if i had to go out to work or had a hectic life. I'm told things improve after the first week and i surely hope so, it's the only reason i'm hanging on. I have stuck religiously to the plan but i'll be totally honest, i feel like i'm dying and am spending quite a few hours in bed during the day. I know i'm being a bit melodramatic, i've been here and felt this way before, but it just really hard. I've taken to religiously checking my ketones every few hours to see if i got into ketosis yet (and so have an end to the hunger suffering in sight).. i think earlier i saw traces of ketones starting to appear but i could be fooling myself and if they are there it is barely registering at all.

Anyway, the point of that rant is... i know how you feel... keep plugging away. Try not to cheat, although it feels like a great relief at the time i think it makes it harder cos you don't get into ketosis so fast and have to suffer for longer.

I am fairly sure I am now in Ketosis and it will get much much easier, stick with it, 3 days in and your nearly through the worst.

Clayr, how'd you get on one week in? We started on the same day (in theory) it actually took me until Friday to manage a full day with no cheating!!

Back