Starting new years

success83

Hi guys thinking of starting new years on the 3rd of jan bit worried about it but it's time to give it a go. What's the first few days or weeks like?

Hi success 83 , first four days are the hardest after that you will be grand , and if like me you will be wondering why you didn't do it sooner lol . I did tfr for 6 weeks and lost 30 lbs . At the moment I'm doing refeed and not so bad . Initially I was afraid to eat but now I'm doing it to the letter so hoping I might be down another few pounds on thursday . Once you get into ketosis you don't feel hungry plus if you drink the 2- 4 litres of water daily you will be grand , best of luck . All I will say it's the best thing I ever did
Tigger xx

Hi there,
Just take it one day at a time. The first week is by far the hardest. Get through days 3-5 and the rest will be plane sailing. It is hard, by far the hardest diet I have ever done, but the results are amazing and certainly keep you motivated.
Try and come on here lots for support, help, and even just to let every one know how well you are doing.
We are all in the same situation and, although at different stages of our journeys, have all got the same path to follow.
Best of luck and remember,
YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!
x x x

Make sure you're fighting fit before you start. I wasn't and the first 2.5 weeks were miserable as I just kept having sore throats and cold... although it took my mind off the food. I found week 2 hard as I had no energy for a couple of days and you can feel dizzy on this diet. Just keep that in mind and don't go over doing it the first few weeks. By week 3 (if not before) you will be fine again. xxx

Look forward to seeing you around in January...This diet is brilliant, yes a bit of a challenge, but the weight loss really keeps you focused. A supportive family is a must for success. See you soon.

First few days are bloody awfull... I'm not gonna lie.... but after that!!! It gets easier.... the losses are amazing.... you can do it hun!!! x

As others have said, get through the 1st week and you will be fine after that. The main thing is to drink your quota of water, if you dont you will feel awful as you can easily get dehydrated - I was drinking in between 4-5lts per day and that worked for me.

Good luck on your journey, you can do this!!!

To really repeat what others have said the first week is the hardest of them all .. especially first 3/4 days, but to get past that then you know you can do it to target. And it is so worth it. The losses are great and energy levels increase ... just makes all the hard work worth it (and it is hard but nothing good came without hard work).

I am on week 7 and i have bad days, week 3 was where my worst day happened, but i had a hot bath, kept myself busy and got through it. The positives outweigh the negatives.

This forum is a gods send it really is and is bursting at the seams with inspirational and amazing people who not only keep you going but know exactly what your going through and why you're going through it.

You can do it and trust me it'll be one of the best choices you ever make.

I'm starting on January 2nd too. Tried it a couple if years ago and lost 32 lbs in 6 weeks. Slipped back into bad habits when I got stressed. Really want to lose the weight and keep it off this time!

Best of luck starbright27
At least you know what to expect.
x x x

good luck to you too fairman76
x x x

good luck to all that are starting LT TFR in january. It will be the best thing you have every done for weight loss! stay focus, stay in the "zone" and always remember, if you feel that you are tempted to go off the wagon, just remember the food will always be there once you have reached your goal, it will not be going anywhere and you can always have it again in moderation once you have reached your target!!

WTG liptrimmers :) :) :)

Thanks TracyAnn. I'm bringing it forward and starting tomorrow. We've decided to stay in for new year so no reason to put it off!

good luck, take each day as it comes. x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

Best of luck with it.
Please let us all know how it's going, I love to hear other peoples success stories
x x x

Quick question if anyone is around. Can you have peppermint tea? Can't remember from last time. Weighed 13st 8 lbs this morning, can't believe I'm a stone heavier than last time I started :-(

Back