Starting on Weds- what products should I get?

Mrs_H87

Hello :) I have my first meeting on Weds and think I will be starting on step 2. Anyone got any recommendations of what products to get? Are the tetras easier for work or is the powder just as easy? Don't want to get in there and not know what to get!
Any help gratefully received!
N x

Hi,

I got all tetras as they are very easy for work. Then week 3 you can have bars so I'd get all tetras and bars as easier. Tetras come in choc, banana and strawberry only though so a bit limited. I use to put mine in the fridge for 30 mins before.

I lived on banana tetras and peanut bars. They were my favs.

Good luck

Total loss - 3 stone 8lb :)

I've heard good things about the chocolate ones. Might get mainly those and then experiment with a few each week. I like the sound of the porridge but have heard bad things!

Hello :) I have my first meeting on Weds and think I will be starting on step 2. Anyone got any recommendations of what products to get? Are the tetras easier for work or is the powder just as easy? Don't want to get in there and not know what to get!
Any help gratefully received!
N x

My 1st week ( again ) was last week and I only had tetras.
much easier and I always have them for work, thankfully I love all 3 flavours.

Powder products I love the
Chocolate mint,
chocolate orange
Spicy Tom soup
Chicken soup
Mushroom soup
Apple porridge.

There are none I dislike but the above are my favourites.
I enjoy both the chocolate mint & the chocolate orange hot. Just like a options hot chocolate :)

Thanks, I'm a bit of a chocoholic so will definitely try a few of those!! :)

Good luck for Wed and keep posting as we're all in this together, any questions just ask x x x

Everyone is different. The tetras are definitely the easiest at first but you do have to up your water when you have them a bit as there's not as much liquid in them as the powdered shakes, soups and porridge.

I would say give whatever you fancy a try. If you are busy at work or want to be able to slip away and have something the tetras are great. I eat with my colleagues so would make a soup for lunch and eat it with them. They mostly had no idea I was on Cambridge just that I'd taken a liking to powdered soups!

There is anecdotal evidence that those who have only chocolate shakes lose weight slightly quicker.

I'm a bit of a choice girl. So I always got a bit of everything until I worked out my faves. My top ten are:

Choc shake
Mint choc shake
Rice pudding
Maple and pecan porridge
Oriental chilli soup
Peanut bar
Malt toffee bar
Banana shake
Strawberry shake
Vanilla shake

I like most things but didn't like the spicy tomato soup, the mango shake, the Apple and cinnamon porridge or the bonus bar. Too sweet for me!

Xxx

Ooooh thank you, its definitely going to be trial and error with the products I think! I do like rice pudding, didn't know they did one!

Everyone is so lovely on this forum, I'm sure I will be posting loads once I get into it, its nice to hear from people who are in the same boat x x x

Ooooh thank you, its definitely going to be trial and error with the products I think! I do like rice pudding, didn't know they did one! Everyone is so lovely on this forum, I'm sure I will be posting loads once I get into it, its nice to hear from people who are in the same boat x x x

There's a knack to making the rice pud and the porridge. The rice pud needs to be left for longer than the packet says. I make the porridge as the instructions say then leave for a minute and the texture becomes like normal porridge otherwise it can be a bit gruel like.

Find whatever you like and enjoy it. I am at goal and still have Cambridge stuff as I like it and it's better for me convenience food. So if I have to run out of the house I know a bar and a bottle of water will fill me up and see me through!

Xxx

Well done for getting to target! How much have you lost? I need to lose a lot, probably about 10 stone to be "healthy" but I don't think I would be able to maintain that! If I could lose 3 or 4 dress sizes I think I would be happy. Although once I get going and find I can stick to it maybe I will want to keep going! :) (crosses fingers!) Xx

May have to stick to chocolate lol I've not heard that ? How long have you been at goal Tiggs ?
Well done :) Are you following another plan or using packs alongside your own planned meals ?

Well done for getting to target! How much have you lost? I need to lose a lot, probably about 10 stone to be "healthy" but I don't think I would be able to maintain that! If I could lose 3 or 4 dress sizes I think I would be happy. Although once I get going and find I can stick to it maybe I will want to keep going! :) (crosses fingers!) Xx

I lost about 3 1/2 stone. I'm not much over 5 foot so needed to get some weight off. I think it's more important to be happy than anything else. I initially just wanted to get a stone or something off but then it worked really well and I felt so much better I kept going and now I'm feeling great!

May have to stick to chocolate lol I've not heard that ? How long have you been at goal Tiggs ? Well done :) Are you following another plan or using packs alongside your own planned meals ?

My cdc mentioned it sometime ago but I didn't go with it. I got to goal in July just in time for my birthday. I make sure I keep to under 1500 cals and generally have a Cambridge thing at some stage during the day but not always.

Xxx

Hey am new on here but thought ad see if this helps me keep on track.. Started Cambridge diet AGAIN week 1 weight loss 1 stone exactly.. Then Sunday I cheated feel so bad.. But I just got back on track this morning was just a blip so day 1 over with and hoping to stay focused....

Hey am new on here but thought ad see if this helps me keep on track.. Started Cambridge diet AGAIN week 1 weight loss 1 stone exactly.. Then Sunday I cheated feel so bad.. But I just got back on track this morning was just a blip so day 1 over with and hoping to stay focused....

That's a great loss. Just keep going. The odd blip won't do too much harm but if you do feel yourself tempted try to stick to lean protein if you can. Well done so far and good luck!

Thanks.. ? yeah going to try and stay focused now tho 100% x

100% is always best but abut of protein won't knock you out of ketosis so is the best plan for temptation. Having said that it's not the chicken that's tempting usually!

You can definitely do it just think about how great it felt to know how much you'd lost after that first week. Definitely worth the short term missing out!

Hello
i found it easier to do shakes in the first week but i was on step 2 and had bars in the first week but i think thats not recommended

the shakes are a bit more filling than tetras as you can add extra ice and water and you need t have all your water and more in when in your first week amd plus extra required when having tetras

so it depends on whether you are going to be out at work whilst you are first on plan its easier to have tetras when out if i am in meetings or driving or on train i enjoy a tetra and a bottle of water and i like all 3 flavours, many of the shakes are nice but i love cappucino with ice and extra expresso exrphttps://mail.loki.no-ip.co.uk:36940

oops silly phone
also most chocolately ones are good especially choc orange and i am a fan of the mango one
i am not a fan of the porridge but maybe try one?

good luck
sam

Back