Starting over

Snozzberry

Well I'm back after trying and failing last year, then trying and failing at WW (again) this year :rolleyes:

The thing is I like the concept of SW more than other plans, it seems more long-term possible than counting points for the rest of my life, plus I think it is more family friendly having a toddler to cook for too... if only I could just get me some damn willpower :eek:

Hubby has been read the riot act after bringing home yet another cut price Easter egg that I couldn't say no to last night after agreeing no more a mere 24 hours earlier and I am ready to take myself in hand again - I think. I am ready today anyway and I just hope that my motivation will continue.

I'm undecided whether to go it alone or to join a group. In any event I can't find my SW books so I am going to join on Thursday evening if only to get another set. I guess whether I go back depends largely on whether I feel I can do it alone or not during that first week.

Anyway, here I am again and I've been getting fired up and inspired reading this forum until I can get to my local group. :D

good luck! i think the group is SO worth the money! the image therapy helps me so much! as does this forum!

good luck x

I agree that slimming world seems to give you so much freedom! My friends have been asking me for diet updates during my first week - they can't believe I able to still have my old favourites like chicken curry and creamy pasta sauces and still lose weight! I love the fact I don't have to weight everything out and calorie count! I think the free foods are so versatile too - I only ended up using around 9 syns for the whole week!

Good luck with the diet! :)

Thank you both :)

I have to admit I am leaning towards at least giving the group a chance. I find Image Therapy so dull though.

I keep thinking I could spend that money on something else. Then I remember that I probably spend in excess of the weekly fee on crap from the fat machine at work and the shop at lunchtime anyway.

Back