Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Starting over

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Snozzberry, 13 April 2010 Social URL.

1. Snozzberry

Snozzberry Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7.5lb(11.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well I'm back after trying and failing last year, then trying and failing at WW (again) this year :rolleyes:

The thing is I like the concept of SW more than other plans, it seems more long-term possible than counting points for the rest of my life, plus I think it is more family friendly having a toddler to cook for too... if only I could just get me some damn willpower :eek:

Hubby has been read the riot act after bringing home yet another cut price Easter egg that I couldn't say no to last night after agreeing no more a mere 24 hours earlier and I am ready to take myself in hand again - I think. I am ready today anyway and I just hope that my motivation will continue.

I'm undecided whether to go it alone or to join a group. In any event I can't find my SW books so I am going to join on Thursday evening if only to get another set. I guess whether I go back depends largely on whether I feel I can do it alone or not during that first week.

Anyway, here I am again and I've been getting fired up and inspired reading this forum until I can get to my local group. :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Woodsylou

Woodsylou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    good luck! i think the group is SO worth the money! the image therapy helps me so much! as does this forum!

good luck x

4. emzee_t

emzee_t Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree that slimming world seems to give you so much freedom! My friends have been asking me for diet updates during my first week - they can't believe I able to still have my old favourites like chicken curry and creamy pasta sauces and still lose weight! I love the fact I don't have to weight everything out and calorie count! I think the free foods are so versatile too - I only ended up using around 9 syns for the whole week!

Good luck with the diet! :)

5. Snozzberry

Snozzberry Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7.5lb(11.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thank you both :)

I have to admit I am leaning towards at least giving the group a chance. I find Image Therapy so dull though.

I keep thinking I could spend that money on something else. Then I remember that I probably spend in excess of the weekly fee on crap from the fat machine at work and the shop at lunchtime anyway.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.