Starting Slimming world next week

Hi all,
Im starting SW next week as a girl in my work has inspired me to do it as she has lost 3st in 5 months on it and is looking tip-top,ive done WW (lost 2 stone) but was always hungry and kept running out of points by teatime! anyways,the SW diet seems quite complicated (or is it just me?) is it a wee bit better when one gets in a routine with it?

Thanks,
And a good weekend to all,
Brian

Hi Brian and welcome to SW. YAY another guy :)

I am also ex-WW and had a similar problem to you with running out of points and being hungry (I also lost a load of weight on it, but didn't find it at all sustainable).

It certainly does take a bit of time to fully work out just how much you are allowed to it, and indeed HAVE to eat lol, but it's great.

I'm sure everyone will make you feel welcome, and if you have any questions or problems post them here (could be worth a search through the existing posts too as you won't be the first one asking any of the questions)

All the best :)

Hi Brian and welcome.

The first thing that I would advise is...forget what you have learnt from WW, as this is completely different. One of the habits that is quite hard to break at the beginning is comparing the two plan and thats what 1 causes confusion and 2 quite often prevents you from following the plan properly as you will think to yourself that the quantities you are allowed to eat surely is too good to be true!...well, we are all proof that it works!

Good luck with the plan and any questions feel free to ask...there is always someone here that can help!

Hi, welcome :D, I am fairly new too, I joined this forum last week after my first SW meeting. I didn't find it confusing as such, just a bit of planning required to start with so you know where you are.
I found that because it didn't feel like I was "dieting" it surely couldn't be working, i was totally wrong. Week 1 weigh in: loss of 4lbs (yay me! lol :) )
Good luck xx

Good luck hun!
I'm following the plan alone, but really want to go to class, it's great!
I must admit it took me a while to get me head round it all, but it soon becomes easy enough, there is loads of inspiration on here and if your on facebook, they have a SW 'group' on there, with tons before/after pics and pictures of peoples meals they make so you could never get bored of trying new dishes!

Back