Starting SW in sw UK, with a LOAD to lose!

Anneski

Hi everyone :)

My name's Anne, and I just found this site tonight.
I'm in my 40's, and I've managed to lose just over 5 stone in the past 3 years, 1 of them in the past 3 months. I lost the first 4 relatively easy, after a lifetime of struggling, but then my brother was taken ill and died, and the past year's been spent in a bit of a funk. :break_diet:
So, I've now decided to get back on track and put as much effort into losing the weight as I have put into making excuses for myself over the years - and that's quite a lot! I am setting my target at 14 stone for now, because to be frank even getting that low seems an impossibly distant dream - just over 4 and a half stone to go to get there, and having already lost the 5 I know that it IS doable, but....:rolleyes:

Slimming world sounds the best choice for me, as mentally I struggle with feeling 'deprived' if I have to count points or calories. Being allowed unlimited healthy foods, daft as it may sound, makes it easier for me to not pig out, because I know I COULD eat lots, if I *really* wanted to.

I have diabetes, so losing weight is important for my health. I've managed to drop quite a lot of medication since losing the 5 stone. :)
I've also just been diagnosed with chondromalacia patellae, basically a knackered knee, so I'm a bit peeved as it means the exercise programme I have been following now has to be radically changed. :confused:
I live in Somerset, UK, with my hubby, and also my elderly mum lives with us. I've got a rescued greyhound - I'm a trustee for a sighthound rescue - and love music, F1, ghost stories, writing, chatting, driving and loads of other stuff too. Hoping to make some new friends to share the journey with - and sorry for the waffle! :eek:

Last edited:
Hi and welcome :)

Hope you find people local to you (i live all the way "up norf" ) but the SW sub-forum is really supportive- there are lots of recipe ideas and monthly challenges to keep you motivated (if that's something that'll help you)

I've been doing SW for just under 5 months and have lost 3 stone 10lb :) i love the freedom it gives, and the healthy relationship i have with food.I personally couldn't cope with a weight loss tool (or diet) that didn't do that- since it didnt help with my addiction to food (which was ultimately the problem). i now have a healthy relationship with food and i am loving it :D

hope to see you around on the boards :)

Hi there, thanks for your post - that's really inspirational, reading how well you're doing! :)

I'm planning on surfing the SW forum after work tomorrow, and getting inspired :D

Hi anneska and welcome !! I'm also doin Sw but the 2004 plan ! The reason for this is I lost 8 st in a year on the diet first time around and now I need to shift some timber I'm confident I can do it again on Sw !!!!! Best of luck even though I know you won't need it !!!!! Ken

Hi anneska and welcome !! I'm also doin Sw but the 2004 plan ! The reason for this is I lost 8 st in a year on the diet first time around and now I need to shift some timber I'm confident I can do it again on Sw !!!!! Best of luck even though I know you won't need it !!!!! Ken

Hiya Ken,

wow, 8 stone is amazing! :) So that's why you're sticking on their same plan, even though it's a few years old?
Oh thanks for the vote of confidence, but good luck wishes are ALWAYS needed - I have a bit of a secret fling going with cheese y'see... actually, it's pretty public :eek: I adore it and it, judging by the size of my arse, clearly adores me!! :8855:

Morning Anne! I don't follow SW but do follow some of the recipes as they are healthy and satisfying. There are some wonderful blogs here where people photograph their food and give loads of inspiration and motivation. Good luck with your journey. I am so sorry you have had to suffer the loss of your brother-so sad. Do this for you though and just think how your health will improve as has been shown already with your recent weight loss. It can only get better! I can't really give you any advice with SW as I don't know too much about the finer details but there are loads of people on here who can. I just wanted to wish you well!x

At least you can still have a little of your favourite ..... Cheese !!!!!!! I've had to search on eBay fir the books but got a few on the way for recipes really !!! I'm Gavin my first weigh in on sat so will post it on my diary that I've just set up !!!! Think the thought of advertising my weight every week on here fir everyone to see will spare me on !!!!! I'm sure if ye stick to Sw ( including having some of your cheese ) you'll do brill ! Keep me informed of your progress !!!

Morning Anne! I don't follow SW but do follow some of the recipes as they are healthy and satisfying. There are some wonderful blogs here where people photograph their food and give loads of inspiration and motivation. Good luck with your journey. I am so sorry you have had to suffer the loss of your brother-so sad. Do this for you though and just think how your health will improve as has been shown already with your recent weight loss. It can only get better! I can't really give you any advice with SW as I don't know too much about the finer details but there are loads of people on here who can. I just wanted to wish you well!x

Aww thank you, I really appreciate that! :)

At least you can still have a little of your favourite ..... Cheese !!!!!!! I've had to search on eBay fir the books but got a few on the way for recipes really !!! I'm Gavin my first weigh in on sat so will post it on my diary that I've just set up !!!! Think the thought of advertising my weight every week on here fir everyone to see will spare me on !!!!! I'm sure if ye stick to Sw ( including having some of your cheese ) you'll do brill ! Keep me informed of your progress !!!

Will do, thanks Ken! Gotta have my cheese, my world would end without it :eek: A diary sounds like a good idea though.

Thanks Irene, I certainly intend to give it my all! :)

Back