Starting SW shopping list

Busy_mam

I plan to start SW on Wednesday but I need to go shopping in the morning for my weekly shop, now we are veggie so I will be doing green days.

I only shop once a week and my hubby is only off tomorrow and sadly I can't wait till Thursday so what should I buy / avoid.

I'm thinking fry light, quorn etc what bread is a HE and what good snaks are low in sins? I'm breast feeding my 3 week old son so need lots to keep me going.

Any help much appreciated as I don't want to buy food that will go to waste.

Thanks

Manda

I plan to start SW on Wednesday but I need to go shopping in the morning for my weekly shop, now we are veggie so I will be doing green days.

I only shop once a week and my hubby is only off tomorrow and sadly I can't wait till Thursday so what should I buy / avoid.

I'm thinking fry light, quorn etc what bread is a HE and what good snaks are low in sins? I'm breast feeding my 3 week old son so need lots to keep me going.

Any help much appreciated as I don't want to buy food that will go to waste.

Thanks

Manda

Weight Wacthers brown danish is a winner as you can have three slices as your HEB and also I would say stock up on muller lights as most are syn free (inc vanilla w/ choc!) and I have at least one a day .. they are a SW must have :p

I would say stock up on muller lights as most are syn free (inc vanilla w/ choc!) and I have at least one a day .. they are a SW must have :p

Thanks but Muller lights are not veggie is there another that is free :cry:

Also, heres my fave snacks!

Fig rolls 3.5 syns
Curly Wurlys 6 syns
Wagon Wheels 8 syns (but I normally have half so its only 4)
Mini milks 1.5 syns
Skinny Cow double choc ice lollies 4.5

I always look forward to whatever treat I am having with my syns each day and it is normally one of those ^

Dairylea triangles light, any small 400g wholemeal loaf,plenty of eggs,low fat cottage cheese,pasta in sauce,0% fat yogurts,lots of lovely fresh fruit.

Last edited:
Activia fat free yogurts are veggie.and the fuller longer ones, peach are veggie too

Mug shots, don't know if any are veggie though, quark, baked beans are brilliant on jackets, asda do a lovely chickpea dahl in a tin which is free on green or EE, as is pasta n sauce batchelors, and savory rice. Tuna and all fish (not in oil) is free on red or EE as is all lean meat, pasta, rice, lentils etc free on green or EE. Fruit and veg, stock cubes, I like knorr best. Hope this helps a bit. Don't know about veggie yogs sorry.

do your shopping online (tends to be a bigger range than going in to the shop)

at least that way you arent throwing goodies into your trolley!:D

You'll probably have a lot of stuff already in the house or on your 'normal' shopping list.

Pasta
Rice
Cous Cous
Pulses
Fruit
Veggies
Cans of chopped tomatoes
Passata
Herbs, spices and seasonings
Baked Beans
Eggs
Stock

Quorn (fillets, pieces, mince, sausages)
Any wholemeal bread - you can have 57g as a Healthy Extra
Frylight
Milk - semi-skimmed/skimmed (whichever you prefer)
Fat free yoghurts - fruity and natural
Fat free cottage cheese
Alpen Lights or Ryvita Goodness cereal bars
High fibre cereal or porridge (if you like them for brekkie)
Reduced fat cheese

I don't usually use my syns on snacks but some thing I get would be:
Dried apricots
Cereal bars (see above)
Pudding rice (for SW rice pudding)
Kelloggs Crunchy Oatbakes (cereal but useful as a sweet replacement)

Aah but it gets delivered from you local store and if they don't stock it there you don't get it :( as I have discovered to my cost!

do your shopping online (tends to be a bigger range than going in to the shop)

at least that way you arent throwing goodies into your trolley!:D

if you are breast feeding you are allowed more healthy extras depending on age of baby. My son is 13 weeks so I am allowed 4 more. They recommend at least one is a hex a. I find it really difficult to eat that much!!!!! I snack on fruit fruit and more fruit!!!!

My favourite yoghurt is a good big dollop of natural (fat free) yoghurt, half a teaspoon of granulated splenda and a similar amount of raspberries as yoghurt - ideally frozen raspberries as they half-freeze the yoghurt around them and it's lovely! I try to avoid too much chemical stuff and find that muller lights give me headaches, think I'm sensitive to the aspartame.

As you get extra HEs and may struggle to eat so much food some days, I'd say get some extra virgin olive oil, you can use a tablespoon as a HEB and it's great for salads etc. I have a tub with a lid and I stick my salady stuff in there with a tablespoon of EVOO, some dried herbs, and a bit of piri piri sauce or lemon juice, stick the lid on and give it a good shake :D

Back