Starting SW tomo...what 1 item would you say you need

Hey and well done on coming over from the dark side !! I lost 6 stone on LT and then CD but then started to feel ill so moved to SW , its great ( although do please expect a gain of around 4-7 lb the first week as you refill your arb stores)
I would say go to class then go shopping . The easiest way to do SW is to plan your main meals for the week and then you know what to get !!!

The staples in my cupboard at all times are -
*Fry light
*Mugshots ( the noodle ones are free)
*Muller lights and Weight watchers desset yogs ( mmmmmm) both free
*loads of fruit and veg ( I buy mainly frozen veg as lasts longer) salad etc
* salad cream extra light (1/2 syn a tablespoon and yum )
* Alpen light Choc and fudge cereal bars ( x2 are a HEXB )
* Mikados ( 1/2 syn each )
* Tinnd tomatoes
* pasta
extra lean mince
* laughing cow light triangles ( HEXA)
* weetabix crunchy bran ( 42g is HEXB)
* beans
* weight watchers sausages , 1/2 syn each and yummy
Mini milk ice cream (1.5 syn)

the list could go on .. but I wont !!!

Good luck :)

WW danish brown bread ( can have 3 slices)
alpen lights
extra lean mince
frozen fruit (you can take what you want out of the freezer and the rest doesn't spoil before you can eat it)
potatoes
fat free plain yogurt
quark
lots of herbs and spices (I'm a HUGE fan of schwartz perfect shake) to season food
splenda

you asked if anyone has done well on EE..

The easy answer is yes my oh evethewitch has lost 6st + on EE

EE is by far in my oppinion the easiest way to do the plan and i say plan intentionally because no matter what anyone says this is not a diet in any sense of the word that you may have associated dieting in the past with.

also you dont need to buy hienz beans lol all baked beans are syn free

this forum will provide you with continuous support and ideas look at some of the meal threads they have ingredients and method for prep and cooking......

same as above really :)

my essentials are as follows-

alpen light bars
nimble bread
lowlow cheese slices
mullerlights
fruit
frozen veg
baking potatoes
beans
asda chickpea dahl
couscous
noodles
fat free supernoodles
asda cheese curls
curlywurlys
tinned tomatoes
passata
pasta
frylight
pasta n sauce
savoury rice
spices
mini twister ice lollies
quorn chicken pieces
quorn mince

Thats my usual shopping list I check round my house first and if any of these items are missing I must go buy them right away lol!!

X

You're best bet is to join, digest your book for a day or two, and then go and do a big shop based on what you've learned. This is a great thread, but until you get your head round the plan, alot of the ingredients seem rather random! lol
The main thing you need is an open mind. SW DOES work, and ingredients you couldn't stand in the past may well become your favourites.

Hi there this is a great starter thread, but i think it best you get your books and have a chat with your consultant then go home with your books and read through them.

Then use the food diaries section to get some ideas of meals and plan a weeks worth of meals, snacks, drinks etc.

It really depends on what you like as this is an eating plan and the more you get used to it the more things you find.

However the main staples for me this week (as i said it changes all the while) have been Watermelon, Grapes, Bananas, Mullerlights, Frylight, Eggs.

if Lipotrim is anythng like the likes of lighter life and cambridge then I'd be careful with the reintroduction of carbs like pasta, potatoes and rice and make the most of the super free foods and watch the red meats.

before i joined SW - all those dark dark months ago (well 19 months really) - I spent the month stocking up...

Tinned chopped tomatoes and passatta - perfect for bolognese, chilli, pasta sauces
baked beans - quick, easy, filling, (cheap)
savoury rice mixes - quick, easy, filling, (cheap)
Fry light - essential
Herbs and Spices - anything can be made to taste that little bit better with the right herb/spice

if Lipotrim is anythng like the likes of lighter life and cambridge then I'd be careful with the reintroduction of carbs like pasta, potatoes and rice and make the most of the super free foods and watch the red meats.

Yes it was similar to those diets......and iv made sure iv eaten all foods for 6 days so any weight gain should have gone on.....

Got most of basics.....but forgot the blooming frylight....lol.....but enough to keep me going until got more cash......

lol a lot would say that frylight is the most important thing ;)

Good luck hon ......

after coming back onto this forum, it was an interesting read though!

Back