Starting the Gi Diet

Hi Lauren, sorry you are stuggling ,
You have done so well pat on the back...
Is it TOTM????
it can do wierd things to how you are feeling.are you doing too much exercise .Some thing i know little about Iam sorry to say.
Are you drinking enough?
Keep with it..

Well I have a feeling the extra hunger is due to doing 1 hour gym sessions 6 times a week. I am going to see my trainer on Thursday to get a new plan and may take it down to 45 mins a day.
I had my injection about 1 week ago and I've been messed up since then do that could be a factor!
I am going to push on with it just got the rick gallop book to have a look see if it will help me so we shall see how it goes :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Since you're doing so much exercise, you should make sure to eat enough calories so you don't starve yourself. You can give into your cravings. We all have off days or off meals or snacks, and that's okay. We're human, and we're doing this for life, so it's not a fast race. The 80/20 rule is really wonderful, and it helps us all stay motivated.

I'm not much of an example lately, but if you look at Plum, Ashie, and Molly they're really good. They've been doing low GL for over 6 months and still going strong. Ashie and Plum are still losing weight and are almost at their goal weight :) I really recommend reading their diaries from beginning to end oneday:)

I think you're doing great:)

Thanks guys

I've realised I'm self sabotaging which I have done on every diet I've followed.
From today I am trying to change my view on this. It is not a diet it is healthy eating and healthy living! I am doing this to change my life and health not to lose weight. It could take years to get to my goal weight and I don't mind because I want to be healthy and happy.

That's my new outlook and I'm also going to stop weighing myself as I've got too hung up on it so I'm going to weigh myself monthly from Saturday onwards

Didn't update yesterday as I have a sickness bug and spent most my time in bed
But better today tho really tired after being sick most of the night

Hope you're feeling better Lauren. If it's anything like the bug I had a couple of weeks ago, then it passes quite quickly.

You sound as if you have a really positive mental attitude. That should help you pull through this blip.

I hope you're feeling better!

Feeling much better thanks everyone

I hope you all understand this but I'm find low GI hard as I have a boyfriend who loves potato in any form bar sweet and a very hectic lifestyle which means I now have hardly anytime to cook or bake. I love low gi and will try to eat same portion sizes and food that keeps me full but for now ladies I am popping over to the healthy eating forum I will be back after placement when I have more spare time

You've all been great and I'll be checking in to see your progress at least once a week
Thanks

Best of luck to you Lauren - different things suit us at different times and I hope healthy eating will work in your current circumstances. :)

Awww we'll miss you Laurenista. It was tough for me too when I first started dieting, as my OH always ate things I couldn't. So the smell and temptation was/is always there. I've gotten used to it now, and sometimes cheat with just a small little taste or sip and get it out my system.

I'm not doing 100% low GL. I've found ways to make it work for me, it's more of a healthy eating, watching what I eat with incorporating low GL foods. Since it's winter I even ate a little bit of potatoes, not a lot but some, with some low or med GL starch.

I hope you're doing okay, and look forward to hearing your progess:)

Back